Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rossarius Kempus on a dangerous road

4 posters

Go down

Rossarius Kempus on a dangerous road Empty Rossarius Kempus on a dangerous road

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Tue May 01, 2012 4:55 pm

((Hey there. As there will always remain people on DB I'd like to talk to, I decided to take on something casual which gives me some easy-going RP and a warm chatbox. I roleplay my rogue character (ingame name Crojwin) as a reporter now, with inspiration from the many people who used to be working on reports from this server, and Ross Kemp on gangs! I thought this was fun so that people get to read something ICly from the characters they know OOCly (or maybe ICly as well) for a good chuckle, or an interesting read. I will look for people to interview but would love volunteers too.

This first edition was nothing but one big improvisation with absolutely no preparations at all, and quite impulsive too. I want to thank the Forlorn Cartel for giving me this first test-subject. Anyhow, there are some things I wish to say OOCly before you read on. I'd like feedback on this as an easy way to improve myself. I wish for this easy way because I can't stuff too much time in it. You can even give me the feedback ICly after reading this. I also noticed more words of newspapers. I am willing to colaborate if you'd like. Finally, if you wish to be interviewed on your criminal, cultist or what ever, don't hesitate to contact me. The criminal may do it for the coin, the cultist for the propaganda, there may be many reasons for your character.))

Rossarius Kempus is a talented reporter who took a turn on his path. Nowadays he tries to provide his readers with insights on criminalty and beyond, for only one copper. He tries to dive into the worlds of street rats, criminal minds, cultists and has ambitions to extract his stories from the warzones as well.

Hello readers.

Today is the start of my new experiment and as always I am open for feedback, suggestions and requests. Once I gain the right contacts, who knows I might one day start to interview certain cultists as well, or visit warzones. It all depends on what tools, funds and manpower I will have in the future. For now however, I decided to have an easy start.

I'm walking through the notorious dwarven district, besides the canals, with the Shady Lady as destination. I told you I wanted to make an easy and safe start but frankly I was quite stressed from within. To my experience it felt as if there was a tensed atmosphere lingering about. Of course I didn't show this from the outside, I remained cool with a straigth, perhaps a tad polite face. It only took a few glances around the area to spot a certain hooded man before some crates doing little, at the other side of the small bar. My strategy is to, even if I face the most dangerous man or woman, to play with open cards. I want them to trust me. I will tell them who I am and what I wish to do without any lies. And so I did. The man seemed cautious at first but he changed his mind as soon as he found out he could earn a coin and so we agreed to meet on a hidden place where he could speak freely. I'm sure he changed his name and I am fairly sure that alot of people I will interview will have some fiction in their stories. This is totally fine however. They cannot give me their deepest secrets after all and I respect that. All in all, the man seemed entirely serious about his case and this is how it went.

Rossarius Kempus: First of all, would you like to introduce yourself?

Richard: Hello, I'm Richard and I havenae' drunk any kind o' alcohol fer two weeks.

As you can see the situation shifted into something more peaceful when just the two of us were hidden away from unwanted eyes and ears, so I decided to shove a question I was eager to ask right under his nose from the start.

Rossarius Kempus: Are you affiliated to any gang?

Richard: Aye. Do I've tae' say more?

Rossarius Kempus: Well yes, this leads us to the most interesting parts.

Richard: Hmm-...I am a member o' a gang o' rascals who hang about t'old Park.

Rossarius Kempus: What gang? Mind that this will be a public report, so if you don't wish to reveal its identity, maybe you could simply tell why the gang is there.

Rossarius Kempus: The old park? I found you in the dwarven district.

Richard: There's a good tavern with affordable prices, that's all. Well they call us t'Hound o' the Park.

Rossarius Kempus: Ah. And why is it that you and your rascals formed a gang?

Richard: When ye' find yerself without a job and with a hungry family, and ye've nae' other choice but robbin', ye' do that.

Richard: If the Kingdom cared more 'bout people, none'd go sae' down.

Rossarius Kempus: So you feel that you're forced into the life of a criminal. Does this bother you? Do you prefer to be an honest man with a job or couldn't you care less?

Richard: I couldnae' care less, I gain more than doin' any other kind o' honest job. If I want mae' family t'have rich clothes and good food, I've tae' do this.

Rossarius Kempus: Hm, I see. And your family approves? Is this some culture that's considered normal for you and the people around you?

Richard: Aye they do approve, they know 'tis fer their best. Aye 'tis normal fer me and all those 'round me, it'd be odder if I did somethin' differen' like bein' a mercenary.

Rossarius Kempus: Then, what'd probably be the most dangerous thing you've ever done? Either dangerous to yourself or your victim. Anything that even shocked yourself?

Richard: Well the most dangerous thing I've done was huntin' an Anethionean up and down fer the whole city, I did beat him up sae' hard he couldnae' move fer days-...nothin' shocked me sae' far, I saw a lot in mae' long life.

Rossarius Kempus: So I take it you don't really consider yourself evil?

Richard: There are people who are by far more evil and are considered lawful by the Kingdom, there is nae' scale tae' measure if one is evil or nae'. Mercenaries are evil, yet ye' consider 'em great when they help ye' in war.

Rossarius Kempus: I can see where you are coming from on that subject. Though, do you commit your crimes on those people only, those who are evil according to you, or do you pick on the innocent and weak as well?

Richard: The weaker, the better. I mug tae' get money, nae' tae' get pleasure form it though it can be pleasant tae' make a noble crawl in the mud as ye' piss on him.

Rossarius Kempus: Would you stop and avert to a normal life if you'd get the chance?

Richard: Nae' idea, I suppose it depends on mae' wife and on what she wishes, I've nae' right tae' decide frankly.

Rossarius Kempus: Heh...that sounds like a no to me. Do you think the struggle between the guards of Stormwind and the criminals is an endless war?

Richard: Aye, guards beat up one in t'jail, criminals beat up a guard in t'street. Guards execute a criminal, criminals execute a guard in an alley. It's endless, dogs and cats cannae' live together peacefully.

Rossarius Kempus: I see. I suppose that's a nice ending on my behalf. Is there anything you'd like to add yourself? Any shout out to the people, to the king, or anything else?

Richard: Hmmm-....I invite 'em tae' nae' go 'roun' weaponed or armored, it eases mae' work.

Admittingly I chuckled a couple of times. But in truth I wasn't sure whether to relax, as this man was fairly open about his way of thinking. It's his life, his culture and he could even make an innocent joke of it, or to remain tensed. If he's this light-hearted about his way of life then he wouldn't hesitate stabbing me and mug me of my glasses either, hm? This vision of survival of the fittest was the thing that impressed me most as well. It's an understandable vision in this world we live in, but even when it comes to being a danger to your own kind as well? One thing is for sure, it seems the streets are far from safe.

All in all, I found this an interesting day. One with a challenge. After rereading my report I did see some flaws, although it's quite tricky to try and prepare yourself and it's quite tricky to improvise around these people too. I have to walk on my toes, so to speak. But this means that I'm eager for any feedback. As always you are able to write/contact me at cathedral district 89, canal side.

See you next time!
John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Rossarius Kempus on a dangerous road Empty Re: Rossarius Kempus on a dangerous road

Post by Ralegh Wed May 02, 2012 2:29 am

Ezlbag slowly places the paper down before letting out a loud groan.
"allright... time to figure out who the fel talked to the fucking pape-.... wonder how much coin he got...."
Ralegh
Ralegh

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Rossarius Kempus on a dangerous road Empty Re: Rossarius Kempus on a dangerous road

Post by Sullee Swiftspeech Wed May 02, 2012 2:34 pm

Sullee throws the paper out of the window as soon as he finished reading the article. Infuriated, he waggles to a small desk and pours himself a glass of brandy, mumbling to himself.

"Hmmph-.. Why the hell didn't they interview me...!? Those uneducated pigs give the District a poor name! The Don won't be pleased..."
Sullee Swiftspeech
Sullee Swiftspeech

Back to top Go down

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Wed May 02, 2012 4:30 pm

((You're on!))
John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ralegh Wed May 02, 2012 5:08 pm

((Sullee can come around with Ezlbag when he goes to threaten the fuck out of the reporter! Oh and Croj, would you have time for us stopping by to threaten the fuck out of you sometime soon Very Happy?))
Ralegh
Ralegh

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rae Wulfgnar Wed May 02, 2012 5:33 pm

(Wheres the famous line ''I can see things are about to kick off, so I got outta there..'' https://youtu.be/No3XcxhzHvM Razz )
Rae Wulfgnar
Rae Wulfgnar

Character sheet
Name: Sir Rae Josephas Wulfgnar
Title: Chaplain of the Disciples of Light

http://akhirah.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down