Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Character Appearance as tied to his/her mood and personality

+19
Cid
Shaelyssa
Sullee Swiftspeech
erwtenpeller
Gesh
Zalissa
Eowale
Eodan
Sanara
Morinth
Vaell
Kozgugore Feraleye
Samian/Bismack
Coppersocket
Jeanpierre
Arabella Greene
Kettin
Lorainne/Bridlington
Amaryl
23 posters

Go down

Character Appearance as tied to his/her mood and personality Empty Character Appearance as tied to his/her mood and personality

Post by Amaryl Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:24 pm

Right, We all know that this game as few options to depict, your voice, your tone, your mannerisms, facial expressions. Anything beyond the: what you see is what you get generics this game offers.

So i'm wondering, does anyone play with that like I try to do on my characters, In terms of appearance and speech patterns? Besides the obvious /e?

As small example: Amaryl is a rather troubled and depressed individual, and she literally has a wall around her, which is why She is -always- in her armour. That also immediately implies that when she's not, she's in a vulnerable position. Not just Physically, but emotionally as well. Basically a walking metaphor.

So anyone of you have something similar?

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Character Appearance as tied to his/her mood and personality Empty Re: Character Appearance as tied to his/her mood and personality

Post by Lorainne/Bridlington Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:28 pm

Lorainne wears a dress because it's easier.

Guess ~
Lorainne/Bridlington
Lorainne/Bridlington

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Character Appearance as tied to his/her mood and personality Empty Re: Character Appearance as tied to his/her mood and personality

Post by Kettin Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:47 pm

Kettins armour is rather horrific looking. It reflects the truely twisted part of his mind that is hidden but always at work.
Kettin
Kettin

Character sheet
Name: Kettin Bilewood
Title: High Executor - Forsaken Military

Back to top Go down

Post by Arabella Greene Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:56 pm

Arabella changes clothes all the time, she is prone to being insecure and often feels the need to impress.
Arabella Greene
Arabella Greene

Character sheet
Name: Arabella Greene
Title: Terrible Role Model.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:02 pm

Amaryl wrote:She is -always- in her armour.
I have seen her in a dress. I sell the screenshots for 1K gold a piece!

(So she was vulnerable... Is that why she was being so moody to Percey for?)

I just dress my character up depending on their style and the use of the clothing only. I want their outfits to be iconic and emphasize who or what the character is, not their mood.

Jean-Pierre is a priest, therefor he will look like one. He's fairly young, lives a somewhat modest life and usually represents the typical "pure and innocent", geeky character. Thus, in his style I try to emphasize that with plain colors, plain styles. I have gathered more epic looking sets, but they simply don't fit the character. Occasionally on a ceremony I might give JP a special outfit, but as it doesn't suit his personality he gains my self-made buff "over-dressed".

My armored characters will wear a different outfits depending on the job.
On the battlefield: heavy armor, 2H weapon or 1H weapon and shield depending on the char's style.
In the warcamp: armored and armed at all times, lest for hiegenic breaks
In the city, on guard duty: Mail or scale armor. 1H weapons or 1H weapon and shield. I won't wear a 2H weapon IC in the city, unless there's a very good reason for it. Two handers are butchering weapons. Not something you'd want to prance with in a city. A pike could be the exception for city duty, due to to historic reasons, but I'd still steer away from it.
In the city/town, no guard duty: relaxed clothing, solid boots. A sword if it's a knight or paladin. Perhaps light leather armor if they want to be ready for action.

Moods rarely impact the clothing of my character, unless it is to mark they are undergoing something drastic. IE: they could wear different clothing if they are undergoing an alignment change or if the character is evolving/developing.
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Kettin Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:08 pm

Also my goblin flumiwick dresses sexy because he is sexy Smile
Kettin
Kettin

Character sheet
Name: Kettin Bilewood
Title: High Executor - Forsaken Military

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:22 pm

Copper... well, she wears green no matter what. She mostly just wear what she believes may be needed for the day. Her clothing does not reflect her mood, but she's usually pretty moody.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Post by Samian/Bismack Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:43 pm

Since Samian is generally always on duty I like to refer his mood to his weaponary, sword+shield is generic guard mode glowlyholymace+shield is extra nice guard mode while the big hammer is busting balls mode.
Samian/Bismack
Samian/Bismack

Back to top Go down

Post by Kozgugore Feraleye Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:58 pm

Besides the obvious orc-always-dressed-for-battle perk, Kozgugore has a habit of talking in very short sentences. Originally, it was because he likes to be direct and to the point, and only chooses to talk when he feels it's actually of any use. Now, it's mostly a manner to try and emphasise on his would-be deep voice.
Kozgugore Feraleye
Kozgugore Feraleye

http://www.orcsoftheredblade.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:07 pm

I think all people dress their character due to their characteristics. Not necessarily their mood though.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Morinth Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:13 pm

Morinth speaks like a ruffian when she's in a good mood.

"Right lads, drinks're on me, on account o' m'good mood an' all tha'!"

She inadvertently switches to her normal dialect that she was raised with when she's angry or feels threatened.

"The day has treated me well, allow me to settle your tabs."

Some people have picked up on this, others just think I'm really bad at staying in character. Very Happy I assure you, it's all part of Mori.

Dresswise, she wears her usual ragged tabard and high-boots when she's kicking around. If you see her in more... elegant fighting armour, you know she's up to no good or getting ready for a battle. Sometimes she'll be in casual wear, but you'll only see her in that at bars and such, so you can already tell she's just out chilling. Only a handful of people have seen through her 'sister' disguise. She dresses up like a proper lady, pretends to be her sister and sits around on her own in Silvermoon when she's feeling homesick or visiting old friends.
Morinth
Morinth

Character sheet
Name: Captain Morinth
Title: Queen of the Pirates! (self-proclaimed!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:35 pm

It's actually one of the reasons I entirely remade Sanara's character way back in TBC (the other being that, as I learned Draenei lore, the character I initially created made no sense). She was -way- too cute and friendly-looking for a cannibalistic barbarian.

As for her current way of dressing, Sanara tends to range from fully covered when in a bad mood to barely clothed when in a good mood - or maybe that's just what she tells people to give herself an excuse to get naked when she's in a really good mood.
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet
Name: Farseer Sanara of Ver Ager
Title: Matriarch of Ere Argus

Back to top Go down

Post by Eodan Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:37 pm

Eodan clings to the past and a lot of that can be seen about his accessories and his choice of armour.
Eodan
Eodan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eowale Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:45 pm

I'm probably doing this wrong, but meh.

Eówale Dreadbringer:
Voice: Deep, hollowed Death Knight voice, quite monotone-ish and rusty sounding.
Facial expression: It more or less stays the same, often expressionless. He often gets the expression of a hatefull sneer, hissing often incase he is provoked.
Mood: It always stays the same, the same hatefilled, arrogant, sadistic bastard that he is, always thinking of cruel ways to torture or kill his enemies. His temper is short and he often draws his weapon for nothing at all.
Armour: He always wears his saronite-plated armour on. More for the reason that he wants to kill and take your soul once he's done with you, and because he knows that a fight can occur when you least expect it. It might be lucky for the people around him that he's covered in plate. It dulls -some- of the rotten stench, not to mention his twisted features on his body.
Weaponry: He either carries a two-handed runeaxe or two one-handed runeblades. His weapons are enchanted with a sort of unholy-icy magic, just to cause more pain on his enemy incase they get a scratch.
Eowale
Eowale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zalissa Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:28 am

Alorah has an extensive wardrobe! She is a noble after all; they're usually purple or just alternatively flamboyant in colour.

Zalissa just wears one of Quinian's shirts, a pair of bracers and dirty old britches, as well as equally dirty boots, looking like a general scumbag really Very Happy
Zalissa
Zalissa

Character sheet
Name: Zalissa Sparrow
Title: The Pirate Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:42 am

Victoria enjoys playing up to her Forsaken appearance, whilst hunting she'll be adorned in the latest Deathstalker gear that clings to her thin and alien frame, -always- with her helm removed so her thick, and ghostly hair can whip and snap as she leaps among st the shadows.

Whilst she doesn't leave this armour set for any casual ocassion, she has been known to remove shoulderpads, gauntlets if she's looking to relax. I often enjoy describing my characters idle animation, Vic would probably snap at a mirror and adjusts her hair, prineing in a militaristic way.

She's quite fond of gothic dresses and simple but mysterious formal wear: low cut red dress that trails behind her, she enjoys making a statement of her body.

She may be undead, but greatly enjoys keeping her pale skin in perfect condition and looks down on the more ghoul like undead, she considers herself strong and sees any signs of undeath taking it's toil on her, as a huge weakness.

She has been known to visit the Apothecary for surgery to fix and sew up loose ends, remove scars and see to it her ethereal appearance is kept pristine. A few times she even incorporated illusions. Bet she has some fancy thick white make up somewhere, and a big puffy make up brush to go with that mirror.

Don't get me wrong, she's no gentle flower, or even a noble lady. It's just about keeping herself looking.. well, but noticeably forsaken, the white skin, the ghostly hair, the glowing eyes. She wants to be the image of health, and an alien amongst all others, yes she's definitely NOT human, but assassin who has her spine sticking out, shows weakness.

All this is probably explainable due to Victoria's repressed life of servitude and sheepishness, undeath IS her life now, it offered her an escape! Even if it ruined her ' homeland '(s), ripped her family apart and made her into a murderer/warrior, she still considers it a blessing from what COULD'VE been! And because of this wants to remain the image of Forsaken Perfection.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:32 am

Delidah has a differently colored hat for every mood.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sullee Swiftspeech Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:45 pm

Sullee is fat because he loves food.
Sullee Swiftspeech
Sullee Swiftspeech

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:18 pm

I don't think I ever have ... the closest thing I've done is probably roleplay Geralda's periods and PMS sometimes ... but that's pretty much it!!
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Name: Shaelyssa Bladesinger
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:41 pm

It is my job to be dressed like this. When I'm off-duty I have something else (then again, I've never seen Cid as an "off-duty" guy).
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:48 pm

monrena can usualy always be found in what i would term "ligth" dresses.. usualy like silk dresses or robes.. Normaly they are very thin and well lets say her.. intimate shape of her chest can be seen on her battleset which she wore a lot in westbrook.. its just that I dont put it out unless someone realy looks to her.. she likes her thin light dresses simply because she likes the freedom of moovement and it makes her feel good as when she was growing up.. she rairly wore anything.. its.. shall we say makes her feel comfatable and nostalgic
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hermie Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:14 pm

Photowedge is practically always in her favourite dress, the Brewfest one, due to the fact it helps her remember. Not many know, but she's been having memory problems and the dress was her old uniform; in ways the simple dress makes her feel secure and it helps her remember what little she can of her family.

Hermie

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Emrys Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:20 pm

Emrys always wears robes and has a lot of them, she mixes between formal and cheerful depending on the occasion. Her ears are also a good indication of her mood, they seem to move quite a bit. Basically she is very expressive, Emrys is hardly ever secretive about how she feels and can usually be read like a book in that aspect.

Endalynne is always in armor, always.

Siluen prefers to walk around town completely covered in leather, except for her face, which is visible when she is socializing and just her eyes covered with a pair of goggles when she is not and/or when she is riding her Hog. She does not like to be dressed in a revealing manner, except for when she's at home where she will probably have no problem walking around (half) naked xD
Emrys
Emrys

Character sheet
Name: Emrys Sunwing
Title: Priestess

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:48 pm

Drustai has a joint vain/practical personality, which is represented through her appearance. Most obvious is the fact that I use a living skin, as she uses her magic to conceal the fact that she is a rotting corpse. Combined with the fact that her shape is supposed to also be the influence of her magic, makes her very 'fake'. She changes clothes frequently, never appearing in the same piece for more than a day or two. She always wears fancy robes, often with shoulderpads (unless at home in casual situations). However, she doesn't wear said robes in combat, because she's practical. If she is thrust into battle, she puts on armor, because that's what it's for.

She's a bit contradictory, though. While she does hide her 'real' appearance, which she doesn't have pride for, she doesn't hide her 'profession' (necromancer), as she does take pride in that. So a lot of her outfits show skulls, spikes, chains, and the like, even though this would be contrary to her goal of appearing desirable. In a way, it is her wanting people to see her and associate her necromancy with her beauty and upstanding character (until her run-ins with the law ruined that), thus making the point that necromancy is not evil.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down