Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Complaints about Vile Thorn - Shicraa

+14
corleth
Kaleil Sunstrike
Ishap/Virock
Coppersocket
itsy
Raelan
Dianthaa
Robi Kaezlan
Skarain
Muzjhath
Lexgrad
Braiden
Amaryl
Drustai
18 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Complaints about Vile Thorn - Shicraa Empty Complaints about Vile Thorn - Shicraa

Post by Guest Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:23 am

Hi Blue Team,

Someone on the above named Horde alt logged and complained to me about our rp/pvp. I've no idea who their Alliance main is but it would be really good if they were to voice here what they said to me so that I can judge the strength of feeling from the rest of the Alliance community.

Oh, and to show that it wasn't just some random antagonist Wink

Thanks,
Arli

Back to top Go down

Complaints about Vile Thorn - Shicraa Empty Re: Complaints about Vile Thorn - Shicraa

Post by Drustai Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:32 am

Personally, only complaints I've seen about you guys was that one time you attacked flagged people at one of the Community Masses. And that's mostly because some people who didn't know who you guys were thought you were random griefers trying to crash the event.

I for one really like the way you handle things, and haven't heard any complaints other than that one incident and what you mentioned about this Shicraa person.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Complaints about Vile Thorn - Shicraa Empty Re: Complaints about Vile Thorn - Shicraa

Post by Guest Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:30 am

Drustai wrote:Personally, only complaints I've seen about you guys was that one time you attacked flagged people at one of the Community Masses. And that's mostly because some people who didn't know who you guys were thought you were random griefers trying to crash the event.

Yeah...funny thing was we found you guys by accident, we usually approach from the harbour since it's easiest then up through the Cathedral Park, across the Lake and in-...oops...mustn't give our route away.

Anyway, Thorns dived in blades drawn and I suddenly remembered seeing the Mass event on the forum and a yell of "oh crap, it's an event" went up in raid chat. We will attack an event but avidly avoid ooc info, if we find out IC somehow then we may drop by, sap'n'kill, then go. But yeah, kinda strict on use of OOC.

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:01 am

I loved that attack... but i still hate your rogues for vanishing... bitches!

But this thread once again points out, why I actually Loathe the RP community sometimes...

And that's mostly because some people who didn't know who you guys were thought you were random griefers trying to crash the event.

The fact that its immediately random griefers and the fact that an attack is immediately Not IC, solely because you don't know the guild that's attacking you...

Its what I consider meta-gaming and bad RP...

either you accept attacks as IC or you don't, but you dont pick and choose random attacks as IC or OOC just because you happen the know the person that's killing you or because this time its convenient...

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:05 am

I stopped bothering after everyone else stopped bothering. It got tiring being the only one reacting while everyone else just ignores it. That's why I stopped being perma-flagged. There's nothing more infuriating than being ganked by a rogue in SW and having every other 85 just watch you die, or even yell at you for being flagged in the first place.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:09 am

Why can I never meet people like you in SW?! As soon as I step out of stealth I am wtfpwnd by players and guards alike!

I do stay perma flagged as use an addon to ensure that I do. Not from some "bring it on" macho viewpoint but because it is part of my immersion in the game (which I will readily agree is not everyone's idea of immersion). Plus if I am going to go hunt, only fair I give the opportunity of others to hunt me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:30 pm

Frankly I can kinda see the point, would you IC just run into SW kill a bunch of people people and get out alive if you're a member of the horde? Unlikely to me despite it being possible with current game mechanics, but then again I keep my blueshield on for this reason among others so since I have ways to prevent it I don't really find it bothersome.
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet
Name: Braiden Mistmantle
Title: Count ಠ_ರೃ

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:46 pm

Ive never seen you guys.... Wait a minute......... Shocked
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:52 pm

Lexgrad wrote:Ive never seen you guys.... Wait a minute......... Shocked
Working as intended Very Happy

Vile Thorn are the Horde’s Assassins, not a gang of hooligans, our Thorns are disciplined and taught to put the Thorn brotherhood before all else. We pride ourselves (IC) on being able to take death to our enemies door, nowhere is safe.

So yes, sneak in, assassinate and get out again - ideally without a corpse run and if we have to, well IC this is taken as being bettered by our opponent or guards but managing to get away. The Thorn was unlucky or perhaps needs to train more.

To you it’s a randon gank, to us it’s taking a member of the Alliance out of action and leaving them as a bloodied heap on the floor (we use the term kill but let’s be realistic, few kill off their characters from an attack by the opposite faction). We kill NPC guards with the same attitude, removing the town’s protectors and showing the townsfolk that no one is safe.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:56 pm

I quite often do small teams of RPers vs NPCs, the idea being to sneek about and feed with out being seen and stuff. Can be quite tense and immersive.

As to the thorns, DW about it dude, it happens. /shrug. Keep calm and carry on you rogue bastards!
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:59 pm

Braiden wrote:Frankly I can kinda see the point, would you IC just run into SW kill a bunch of people people and get out alive if you're a member of the horde? Unlikely to me despite it being possible with current game mechanics, but then again I keep my blueshield on for this reason among others so since I have ways to prevent it I don't really find it bothersome.
I'd say it's fully possible for a good assassin or spy to sneak into SW.
They'd know smugglers routes, bribable guards, etc etc. And thus know how.
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:06 pm

Could even have a safe house in the city... portal right in.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:30 pm

Lex, that’s a fantastic idea and something I am sure VT would have were it possible with game mechanics (although stationing a warlock alt there is one way). I might have a scout around for a place that we can unstealth in without guards spawning (apart from Slaughtered Lamb Catacombs) and call that our SW meeting place/safe house. In fact, a nice mission to set my fully trained Thorns – go find us a safe house in each City.

For various reasons...Arli can often be seen skulking around the Inn at Old Town, and the basement is often empty (always was on TVC, so far seems so on Defias). But, I reckon Blades For Hire would be less than obliging for us to set up there Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:33 pm

The Blades have all manner of things in there Razz Mind you for gold who can say what new depths the blades would sink. Vile mercenaries. The Noble shroud will never sell out their allies.

So see you at the horde ambassadors thing :p
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:48 pm

We do use our basement actively yes, and that would cost -a lot- since it would be treason. If caught > Entire organisation outlawed and leaders most likely killed. So... Very Happy
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:50 pm

So....gold is out and we have to turn to more....uh....persuasive methods.

Back to top Go down

Post by Robi Kaezlan Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:08 pm

I used to think exactly the same about VT, horrible, horrible bunch of gankers.((change the first letter and you'd still get my opinion of them back in vanilla) but having done a stint as one I think they are one of the best RP guilds around and DB is lucky to have them on their fine server.
I know they can be irritating when they appear to crash events but as Arli says, they never use OOC info and good thorns have been /gkicked for using it.
On my ally I have been hunted and a named target for Thorns for many reasons and I wouldnt change a minute of it.

What you doing in the basement Arli.....?
Robi Kaezlan
Robi Kaezlan

Character sheet
Name: Robi Kaezlan
Title: Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:17 pm

He is...er...scouting, yes, scouting for Alliance. Total coincidence that BoS used to meet around there and that their Commander could often be seen in the district.

The saturday night conversation on comms went something like...

Arli: "Ok, Thorns, move out they know we are here and we are way outnumbered"

*Various replies agreeing*

Arli:"I'll just..uh...scout a while and meet you at Tirisfal later"

Dianthaa:"Scout where exactly? Better not be Old Town, I don't want you oh so accidentally bumping into that bi-"

Arli: "Ok..ok...*heavy sigh*... I'm leaving the City now".

And thanks for the support Robi, to those that don't know our rp we do look like a bunch of gankers, few notice we don't kill again when they try and ress and escape.

Be nice to get some x-faction going again, we do so love to have an Alliance guild who know us and us them...and strike/counter-strike Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Robi Kaezlan Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:27 pm

You know "that bi..." is always up for scouting out scouting thorns...especially "her pets" as Blayke affectionately refers to Arli.
I too would love to see x faction RP, may have to get "Rini" out of mothballs too.
Safe from Diaa that way..so glad when shes around I havent got a pet rabbit.....
Robi Kaezlan
Robi Kaezlan

Character sheet
Name: Robi Kaezlan
Title: Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:28 pm

Could set something up with the watchers and yo.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dianthaa Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:35 pm

*waves*

Robi you know that if it's female and looks at Arli it ain't safe Razz

Will have to stop Arli scouting, that's no job for a Thorn Master anyways .

Would love to set up some x-faction stuff though, Arli's right, it's all so much better when you get to know people and have that personal hate-- errr .. . friendship towards them. *looks innocent*
Dianthaa
Dianthaa

Character sheet
Name: Dianthaa
Title: Deathmaster of the Vile Thorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:05 pm

Muzjhath wrote:I'd say it's fully possible for a good assassin or spy to sneak into SW.
I did not say impossible but it's hardly done easy... I would have the same apply for Alliance in major horde cities. I can see this happening if there is a specific target but I personally wouldnt go for random scouting in Old Town/Other areas of Stormwind as a member of the horde. Never the less I do not condemn that Vile Thorn does this, I'm just saying that my opinion differs in what's likely or plausible.
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:16 pm

Lexgrad wrote:Could set something up with the watchers and yo.

Sounds good Lex - we must talk ooc - and ic Arli is still watching out for that DK at Ebon Hold Wink

Brotherhood of Shadow and VT - we had some good x-faction back then. Maybe Arli can get a Thorn to start to put a little pressure on a certain red-haired druid, see what we can get out of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:18 pm

Braiden wrote:
Muzjhath wrote:I'd say it's fully possible for a good assassin or spy to sneak into SW.
I did not say impossible but it's hardly done easy... I would have the same apply for Alliance in major horde cities. I can see this happening if there is a specific target but I personally wouldnt go for random scouting in Old Town/Other areas of Stormwind as a member of the horde. Never the less I do not condemn that Vile Thorn does this, I'm just saying that my opinion differs in what's likely or plausible.
COnsidering the relations being what they are between the Horde and the Alliance I would be simply perplexed if both sides didn't have tons of spies and doubleagents in each others big cities.
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:24 pm

Muzjhath wrote:COnsidering the relations being what they are between the Horde and the Alliance I would be simply perplexed if both sides didn't have tons of spies and doubleagents in each others big cities.
*paints himself green* Me orc, zug zug.

I'm not saying that's not the case but it might be a little more sophisticated imo. We could just agree to disagree Razz
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next