Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

<A bunch of Campers>

+46
Quin
Lyniath
BarĂ²th / Olian
Emrys
Grufftoof
Marrik
Zalissa
Ixirar
erwtenpeller
Salketh
itsy
Ave/Sariella
Rmuffn
Drustai
Khendran
Manathon
Sonitus
Unknown
corleth
Raelan
Morinth
Morgeth
Nessra Sunwhisper
Ron Sexton
Xen-tau
Kaleil Sunstrike
Kristeas Sunbinder
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Ledgic
Valerias
Kozgugore Feraleye
Muzjhath
Eowale
Zinkle Figgins
Thelos
Velynia
Vaell
Lorainne/Bridlington
Lexgrad
Amaryl
Morgaan
Lavian
Seranita
Kettin
Gogol
Krogon Devilstep
50 posters

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

<A bunch of Campers> Empty <A bunch of Campers>

Post by Krogon Devilstep Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:44 am

Now, by now i'm sure your all quite aware of the return of <a shadow of nine> in the form of this new guild, <A Bunch of Campers>. if your not, check this thread...

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3389258918?page=2#29

Bog standard stuff, goon Squad wannabes. However, as shown in this youtube video they recently posted, they are quite determined and annoying and managed to ruin an event sonitus worked so hard on. You can see the video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QzOS0z3eOY&feature=BFa&list=UUoj3L9syU2kHlvE2ryxZvUQ&lf=plcp

If any Horde players who were at that event are reading this, feel free to link this video into a New ticket and file it under harrassment. And if any alliance players have read that thread and noticed the point under where they state they want to 'attack' Alliance events, Just ask us hordies and we will Gladly give you their locations for some Hunting squads.

If we deal with these silly fools with some resilient speed, they should get the message rather fast. No need to blow it out of proportions though, but do Report them, Do Hunt them down, Do defend our server.

Thanks for reading!
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

<A bunch of Campers> Empty Re: <A bunch of Campers>

Post by Gogol Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:47 am

How about the old saying "Know thy enemy"?
Maybe it's the wrong way to go.. Let's infiltrate I say.
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

Post by Kettin Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:55 am

WoWConcernsEU@blizzard.com

E-mail them, I did so about 30 mins ago. About their guild breaking the rp policy yet nothing has been done and so forth.
Kettin
Kettin

Character sheet
Name: Kettin Bilewood
Title: High Executor - Forsaken Military

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:16 pm

ah sadly we have dont this beffor yeah it breaks rp policy but it does not break pvp policy.. as such they wioll do nothing its up to us players to deal with this sadly.. a spy on hord side is nice to see thow
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kettin Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:50 pm

True on the pvp policy but they have been targeting horde rps and that dont count towards pvp in any form. Also they put it on youtube for blizz to see. If blizz can be arsed XD
Kettin
Kettin

Character sheet
Name: Kettin Bilewood
Title: High Executor - Forsaken Military

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:24 pm

I don't see the point in giving them such attention in retaliation. They crave off the attention, thats their prime goal. Attention. Just don't give them it, simple as.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgaan Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:45 pm

I still try to figure out WHY are they doing this. Can't be for Hk's cause they can't kill higher levels, and it can't be cause of fun, they just fly in one spot.
How lifeless and miserable must a person be, to make his goal to ruin other peoples fun?
Morgaan
Morgaan

Character sheet
Name: Morgaan Pureheart
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:48 pm

Morgaan wrote:I still try to figure out WHY are they doing this. Can't be for Hk's cause they can't kill higher levels, and it can't be cause of fun, they just fly in one spot.
How lifeless and miserable must a person be, to make his goal to ruin other peoples fun?

In my experience, and i've seen alot of guilds like this.... its a waste of time trying to understand them. just Destroy them.

And i'm talking BLITZKRIEG.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:01 pm

Morgaan wrote:I still try to figure out WHY are they doing this. Can't be for Hk's cause they can't kill higher levels, and it can't be cause of fun, they just fly in one spot.

It is fun.

It is fun, just babbling on vent, killing lowbies, waiting for the rage to start spewing.

these guys feast on attention, its hilarious. the fact that they know you're writing about them, that you're thinking about them that you're devising strategy to stop them, the fact that you get annoyed when you take time to gather, and crash their party but they just up and fly, and hover around waiting for the moment you leave and they can return to ganking, makes their eyes light up like little stars, and if they do it while talking and making fun of you on vent, its lovely ride.

heck if this was a PVP centric game i'd be all over that stuff, hoping that one idiot would go onto the forum and threaten to kill himself because you ganked his pixels.

I can barely grasp the rush that it must have been for Goonsquad to when they managed to convince the CFO of BoB in Eve to Defect and end the years long struggle...the tears would have fueled another year of awesome I'd wager..

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:18 pm

In forums.. say nothing, in game, kill and camp.

Get to 85 and get some gear and understanding of pvp. They have been crushed many times now, how long will people follow an idiot who gets them slaughtered.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorainne/Bridlington Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:29 pm

Long. : )

It's great fun, Lexgrad.
Lorainne/Bridlington
Lorainne/Bridlington

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:57 pm

Make one of your alts (or I can) give an anonymous tip that there is going to be a huge RP event going on at a location. Get some nice bait to rp and keep lookout, when their guild shows up we have all our fully PVP geared 85s flying really high in the air, they swoop down and camp the campers for an hour or so. Very Happy
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Velynia Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:03 pm

I find Vaell's idea deliciously devious Twisted Evil
Velynia
Velynia

Character sheet
Name: Velynia Du Monteforde
Title: Grand Occultist

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:05 pm

Up for that too Very Happy
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:06 pm

Eira wrote:I don't see the point in giving them such attention in retaliation. They crave off the attention, thats their prime goal. Attention. Just don't give them it, simple as.

^ This.

Trying to look like the super cool hero and killing them isn't going to solve shit. They want a fight, they want a reaction. They are here to grief and you banding up and attacking everytime they come down basically means that they can get the pvp they want whenever they want and that their server change was worth it.

Honestly, you should just starve them of what they want. Avoid them, completely. If they can't get WPVP, then it means that all the money spent on transfering was basically a waste of money. On non-RP servers, WPVP is litterally dead. Even Outland the most well known wpvp server is pretty shit at this stage. The changes in cata with portals everywhere, LFR and LFD, flying mounts and the lack of need to go outside Stormwind has killed off World PVP. It's dead. So currently the only real way to get spontaneous/random WPVP would be to go out killing RPers. And DB is the biggest and most famous RPPVP server so that kinda means:

-If you make them believe they actually can get regular fighting from this, they won't be going anywhere-

Please think before just impulsively banding together to like the uber cool server hero who saves the lowbies from the gankers. Your actions impact the entire server.

So as I said, starve them of what they want.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:23 pm

Perturbo wrote:

So as I said, starve them of what they want.

Your post makes an aweful lot of sense, Pertubo, and I certainly see the logic in it, but I've got to ask; how exactly are we going to starve them of what they want? We cant exactly cancel all of our roleplaying outside of the major protected city hubs. Heck, I'm glad there's so much roleplaying to be had outside of hubs like Stormwind, out there in a vast world waiting to be used. We cant exactly not-fight back either. What if an important event gets assaulted? Should we just then call it a night and return to our sheltered caves in Stormwind, thinking "Too bad the event you have been planning for for months got busted by those goons, eh? Oh well, better luck next time!"

The most malicious part of these kind of guilds is that they force you to give them what you want. At least, I do not see how we can continue doing what we are doing (events in various parts of the world) and not fight off their assaults, except moving any and all roleplay to Sanctuary locations. (You're all welcome in Shattrath, of course) where pvp is literally impossible.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:40 pm

I tend to agree with Perturbo, even if I'd gladly frustrate them having them ganked everytime they show up to ruin an outdoor event, ignored while spamming in General Chat and reported to GMs almost daily, until they finally give up. We should make their gaming experience as awful as possible, without giving them any satisfaction of course.
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet
Name: Razgash Gronnbane
Title: Warbringer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eowale Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:43 pm

Flumi wrote:WoWConcernsEU@blizzard.com

E-mail them, I did so about 30 mins ago. About their guild breaking the rp policy yet nothing has been done and so forth.
Thing is, since the server is a RP-PvP server, they'll just post the PvP policies in their reply and pretty much just say "Deal with it".

It's retarded, I know. I've sent tickets when we've been interrupted during RP events with the Fordragon Company for example, but the GM just responded that "I have to accept the PvP policies". That's bullshit. If I have to respect the PvP policies, why should they be able to just blatantly ignore the RP policies? Dafuq, Blizzard?
Eowale
Eowale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:43 pm

Eowale, if you checked the video there was only Horde people there being jumped upon etc. etc. etc.

Loath as I am to having watched it.
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kozgugore Feraleye Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:51 pm

Honestly? We barely had any trouble with them on that event they posted on youtube. We were walking to TB for an IC meeting with the tauren there. We ignored them and when they were trying too hard to ruin the meeting, we summoned everyone to a remote spot. They tried to find us but utterly failed. Hilarity ensued as they drained back to Orgrimmar in failure.

People should just ignore them. Killing them should be no problem whatsoever as they are undergeared scrubs. Even my Alliance alt can kill them.
Kozgugore Feraleye
Kozgugore Feraleye

http://www.orcsoftheredblade.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:09 pm

Kozgugore Feraleye wrote:Honestly? We barely had any trouble with them on that event they posted on youtube. We were walking to TB for an IC meeting with the tauren there. We ignored them and when they were trying too hard to ruin the meeting, we summoned everyone to a remote spot. They tried to find us but utterly failed. Hilarity ensued as they drained back to Orgrimmar in failure.

People should just ignore them. Killing them should be no problem whatsoever as they are undergeared scrubs. Even my Alliance alt can kill them.

After some consideration i agree, but i did link that video in a ticket for a GM, his response was most pleasing and i feel safe in the knowledge that if enough people do likewise, we may see some Results.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:31 pm

Sounds farfetched but roleplay as a ghost. Its worked before.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:55 pm

If only people would stop bumping their topics and click 'dislike' instead.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:06 pm

Meh, only one was on all night. On the night they were meant to come... Clame" the plaguelands... /sigh.

Seems the bubble has burst.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eowale Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:58 pm

B'awh. I was ready to go all like:

Muzjhath wrote:Eowale, if you checked the video there was only Horde people there being jumped upon etc. etc. etc.

Loath as I am to having watched it.
Didnt check the video. Might aswell do it now.

Edit: Watched it. Facepalm'd at how people can have so little to do in life.
Eowale
Eowale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next