Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recipes, Reagents, Schematics, Plans, and other Misc. stuff!

3 posters

Go down

Recipes, Reagents, Schematics, Plans, and other Misc. stuff! Empty Recipes, Reagents, Schematics, Plans, and other Misc. stuff!

Post by Coppersocket Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:22 pm

While truthfully, I didn't check through the entire topic list if there was a thread like this already, but the fact that it was not stickied or was any pointers to one in the Guides & Help topic, I imagine, there simply isn't a thread covering this yet.

While I myself do not delve into these things, a thread dedicated to these things that are used by players, such as instructions on how to create a specific perfume or how to build your very own explosive smoking pipe would very well be of use. While it's honestly not a topic many think of, as it is a rather minor detail, these minor details can and should in truth, be respected and used.

I don't think I have to say this but, seeing as it's a fantasy game, let us not turn this thread into a discussion on what can and cannot be made with certain things.

This thread reaches beyond the given professions within the game, as you can show off ways to build certain stools, tables, or other stuff people would simply not think of normally!

I'm sure your mind will start boggling, start thinking ladies, gentlemen, let us construct a lovely thread filled with lovely recipes and show off our constructions!

Coppersocket for example, uses a specific perfume which uses Moonwell water aswell as Peacebloom, as some other ingrediences (I haven't really though about it too much, I'll get back to it properly later) to create a vanilla-like aroma.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Recipes, Reagents, Schematics, Plans, and other Misc. stuff! Empty Re: Recipes, Reagents, Schematics, Plans, and other Misc. stuff!

Post by Grufftoof Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:10 pm

Gruff's most lasting invention, or the one's he is probably most proud of (apart from his heart-in-a-jar (a story I need to complete)) are the three mechanical constructs/automatons:

Sprokkit (Mechan-o-Sham v 3a), Trigga (Aut-o-Hunta Mk IV) and Tynka (Protekt-o-Bot Ultra).

They're obviously too complex (or quite possibly simple/crude, it's a viewpoint thing) to have proper instructions that mere mortals could follow. And that's nothing to do with the fact the majority of the ideas are in Gruff's head (or stomach, he has a thing for eating paper).

However, I think I could confirm they are (more or less) lightweight frames (originally Thorium, now other metals) and leather/hide stretched over to create a (more or less waterproof) skin. The inner workings (or gubbinz) a series of pulleys, gears, pipes, springs and cathodes.

Simple targeting systems, some humming crystals a little questionable magic, and good old fashioned blood, sweat and tears are all in there too. You'd be surprised how hard it is to find proper faerie tears in Azeroth too...

Trigga is more or less steam-powered; Tynka clockwork; and Sprokkit a gyro-dynamo.

Gruff also has a portable teleportation device made of copper wire, a compass and a jar of coalesced Nether. It's prone to malfunction, and I use it as an RP device for all the Engineering portal devices and my Hearthstone too. You have to hold the jar very tightly, stare at the compass and think of the place you want to go. Whilst chanting the special magic words... "Klaatu. Barada. Noodle."

A Prickly-Heat-Gun. Using a heavy wooden stock, a gyromatic micro-adjuster, a vial of pepper oil, some essence of air and fire, two thorium tubes and a spork.

Finally, and probably most importantly for da Dok. A jar of special barbecue sauce. Ingredients are secret, it being special and all, but it does contain some, all or none of the following: Honey, Mesquite, Peacebloom, Purple Lotus, Chillies, Boar Blood, Black Treacle, Dreamfoil, Quickcleave Sausage-X Herb Blend, Darkmoon Special Reserve.

Grufftoof
Grufftoof

Back to top Go down

Recipes, Reagents, Schematics, Plans, and other Misc. stuff! Empty Re: Recipes, Reagents, Schematics, Plans, and other Misc. stuff!

Post by erwtenpeller Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:17 pm

Does this apply to spells?
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:26 pm

Hmm... Well, I'd honestly say no to that. While spells can be a matter of preperation, it's not actually physical stuff. However the making of scrolls, either the scrolls themselves or the incantations for a specific imbue on the scrolls would very well go under this topic as it is something that is actually crafted. Aswell as possibly enchanter stuff. Enchanting is borderlining tho, as it's related to simply adjusting/tweaking.

Using magic on a item to create a magical item, such as for example, a transparent globe with fire in it, it'd very much go under this thread, as long as it's not just 1. Take Globe, 2. Put spell on it.

As long as there's a actual need for ingredience and real work (I don't classify applying magic to something as real work, sorry) then it's fine. So Yes and No, I suppose.

The problem with it being that it gives leeway to a lot of people just simply adding 'magic' as a excuse to things they simply cannot explain and create some bogus item that's not really a item at all.

As long as you can classify the thing as an item, and it's something of physical use, then yes. It's going to be the only real rule of the thread. Needs to be classified an item. Doesn't matter if that item is just a scope for a gun or a screwdriver, as long as you can actually touch it and use it, it's welcome.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down