Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We need to reply to this thread.

+11
Krogon Devilstep
Mandui
Gogol
Quin
Ledgic
Flo
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Frostfeather
Seranita
Rmuffn
Lexgrad
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

We need to reply to this thread. Empty We need to reply to this thread.

Post by Lexgrad Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:00 am

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3061921020

Something like this can be harmful to a server, new RPers will stay away for example. Can you take five minutes to reply to it, let people know who you are, what you do and your honest thoughts. Please dont flame or stuff cos that will be bad.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

We need to reply to this thread. Empty Re: We need to reply to this thread.

Post by Rmuffn Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:19 am

lol

That person speaks the truth Lex.
There were more casual RP in the open in the past, even if the Cathedral Square's casual rp could consist alot of lollers and such.

It has thinned out, the community, us "speaking" up won't change that. We're still here, yes, but everyone else who's left through course of time? They're not.

Eitherway, post's old news. Doubt it'll make people stay away.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:30 am

Hmm I will both agree and dissagree on this one..

please consider these facts:,..
1. Skyrim has only been out a month.. people are still in the skyrim craze so rp will be down for a month or two more on all servers
2. its coming to cristmas.. people are out more than usual preparing for the anual religious festivities..
3. tor i beleve the beta is out now (thow i may be wrong) so those who were lucky enough are on that..
4. with the last patch of the expansion out.. most people are out grinding new content and attempting to take on deathwing himself
5. the number of old time rp'ers those most people know on the server for one reason or another.. are still around we only realy loose 1 for every 15 new rp'ers..

overall I would say yes rp is down but not to a dying server but due to "external" factors that will be affecting all servers granted
1. rp can be very guild orientated at times,.. - some events have been done latly to desolve these barriers that have been made
2. we did have a bumper loss of rp'ers begining to mid cata.. most fo these were tecnicaly no majour server lore charicters.. sadly most of those that left were on my frends list..but that has since been refilled

take heart my fury worgen,.. thow things are going slow.. it will pick up soon....

(these factors will most likley apply to most rp servers
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Frostfeather Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:33 am

Lexgrad wrote:http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3061921020

Something like this can be harmful to a server, new RPers will stay away for example. Can you take five minutes to reply to it, let people know who you are, what you do and your honest thoughts. Please dont flame or stuff cos that will be bad.

Posted a pointless answer. That is what you are supposed to do right?
Frostfeather
Frostfeather

Character sheet
Name: Khalida Frostfeather
Title: Sentinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:36 am

He's like the forum police. NO CRITICISM OF DA SERVER. We must stop it at all costs!

In all seriousness when I read the title I expected it to be some petition against some upcoming change that would be harmful for RP. Not a random post.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frostfeather Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:42 am

Well I actually agree. Before I transferred here I did some research. Had the realm forum been filled with posts like that I would have ended up elsewhere. Negativity breeds negativity.

I like bananas.
Frostfeather
Frostfeather

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:07 am

hehe yeah i know the feeling but do you chew or suck????
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehrfürchtige Bennedict Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:11 am

I take it you're looking for something like This ?
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict

Character sheet
Name: Bennedict Omarosand
Title: Sir, Disciple of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Flo Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:20 am

Monrena wrote:please consider these facts:,..
1. Skyrim has only been out a month.. people are still in the skyrim craze so rp will be down for a month or two more on all servers
2. its coming to cristmas.. people are out more than usual preparing for the anual religious festivities..
3. tor i beleve the beta is out now (thow i may be wrong) so those who were lucky enough are on that..
4. with the last patch of the expansion out.. most people are out grinding new content and attempting to take on deathwing himself
5. the number of old time rp'ers those most people know on the server for one reason or another.. are still around we only realy loose 1 for every 15 new rp'ers..
I'm sorry, but;

We need to reply to this thread. Facepalm
Flo
Flo

Character sheet
Name: Sanaje
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:18 pm

Monrena wrote:hehe yeah i know the feeling but do you chew or suck????

I repeat:

We need to reply to this thread. Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQth5Tgvr6Y8rWOavnLbJgP_S8YdMmJ9b-vcEE20wzUMhp_Z7v0E5Xk3t6M3g

As for the actual topic, this sort've thing isn't new. There really is no point in over reacting to it, because in the long run it just means what it's always meant. Random RP is on a low right now, it'll either stay that way for a long while, or it'll beef back up when everyone is done playing other games.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:12 pm

Hmm two paragraphs that i think need hilighting from Bennedict's link

Here is the biggest rule to keeping roleplay alive on a roleplaying server: Don't discourage roleplay. Ever. Even if it's an obvious Mary Sue, even if they don't quite seem to have a grasp on the English language, don't discourage people from participating in roleplay, ever. New players may not know exactly what they are doing, but they are trying -- they shouldn't be scolded, they shouldn't be harassed, and they definitely shouldn't be told to go away.

If an opportunity presents itself, offer to help. Ask if they'd like to go over their character description with you. Point them at this column, point them at any roleplaying blog out there, mention the various roleplay workshops, offer suggestions -- but whatever you do, don't shut them down. The prancing Mary Sue you see today may be one of the best roleplayers out there -- she just doesn't have the hang of roleplay yet. There was a once upon a time that you were new; remember that and be polite, helpful, and kind.

think this sums up a lot of things i have seen Razz A few people could learn from this on ower server Razz
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Quin Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:20 pm

He speaks the truth though. One out of twenty rpers you meet is actually somewhat intresting and you only meet 10 rpers a night. (Unless you just hang around the pig and whistle all day)

They should merge all rp servers except for AD into one rather then letting it bleed out like this.
Quin
Quin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gogol Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:33 pm

Quin wrote:They should merge all rp servers except for AD into one rather then letting it bleed out like this.

Imagine the clash of egos though.
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

Post by Quin Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:34 pm

Gogol wrote:
Quin wrote:They should merge all rp servers except for AD into one rather then letting it bleed out like this.

Who cares about people?
Quin
Quin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gogol Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:37 pm

Quin wrote:
Gogol wrote:

Who cares about people?

Capitalists
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehrfürchtige Bennedict Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:20 pm

Servers fine, it's the people that are the problem!
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict

Character sheet
Name: Bennedict Omarosand
Title: Sir, Disciple of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:28 pm

Flo wrote:
Monrena wrote:please consider these facts:,..
I'm sorry, but;

We need to reply to this thread. Facepalm

ps oh and im not shure why my post was a facepalm moment Its a logical and true reason why sometimes it may appear quiet?? An explenation on to your opinion would be nice
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Frostfeather Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:32 pm

What I still don't get about this whole decline in random RP is why those complaining don't just do it. I mean over the past few weeks there have to have been like 20 different people complaining about this. That is potentially very busy IC life if they would just get together...

So why don't they?

Characters don't match?
Not enough love for your own character to go and be IC even if the chances of playing your preferred scenarios are slim?

And I still think it is wrong to blame the community. We should stop demanding the community to do stuff for us. Instead we should try and do things for the community. This negative wibe does nothing else than discourage people from just that.
Frostfeather
Frostfeather

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:35 pm

Frostfeather wrote:What I still don't get about this whole decline in random RP is why those complaining don't just do it. I mean over the past few weeks there have to have been like 20 different people complaining about this. That is potentially very busy IC life if they would just get together...

So why don't they?

Characters don't match?
Not enough love for your own character to go and be IC even if the chances of playing your preferred scenarios are slim?

And I still think it is wrong to blame the community. We should stop demanding the community to do stuff for us. Instead we should try and do things for the community. This negative wibe does nothing else than discourage people from just that.

Agree 100%
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:37 pm

well i LOVE monrena and i would be her if i could lol I got lots of random rp in sw not long ago its amasing how many people react to a passed out draenie in the streets of stormwind
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:37 pm

I remember 5 years ago SW being filled with random RP, but people complained about the lack of events.
I remember 3 years ago when there was tons of events, but people complained about too much drama.
I remember a year and a half ago or so when SW used to be the main hub for RP overall, but people complained about not having any RP outside the city.
And now, there's RP everywhere but less so in SW, since people did react to the "GET OUT OF SW FFS!" with a mass exodus.
RP goes through phases and this is but another one, until the next one arrives. Nothing stays the same, yet nothing really changes.
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:53 pm

Servers fine, GTFO doubters.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Quin Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:39 pm

Frostfeather wrote:What I still don't get about this whole decline in random RP is why those complaining don't just do it. I mean over the past few weeks there have to have been like 20 different people complaining about this. That is potentially very busy IC life if they would just get together...

So why don't they?

Characters don't match?

I approach ANYTHING that rp walks. It doesnt matter, people's chars are either too cool or there is simply a lack of people to approach. I honestly wish I could still claim otherwise and deny there not being a lack of.
Quin
Quin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleric Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:21 am

Mandui wrote:I remember 5 years ago SW being filled with random RP, but people complained about the lack of events.
I remember 3 years ago when there was tons of events, but people complained about too much drama.
I remember a year and a half ago or so when SW used to be the main hub for RP overall, but people complained about not having any RP outside the city.
And now, there's RP everywhere but less so in SW, since people did react to the "GET OUT OF SW FFS!" with a mass exodus.
RP goes through phases and this is but another one, until the next one arrives. Nothing stays the same, yet nothing really changes.

Points for perspective.
Aleric
Aleric

Character sheet
Name: Sir Aleric Dylain
Title: Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:16 pm

Frostfeather wrote:What I still don't get about this whole decline in random RP is why those complaining don't just do it.
Because everyone plays an angsty prick that is scared of everything and everyone.

I've encountered the OP of that thread, very tough to interact with if you're not persistant.

* OH BOO-HOO WHY WONT ANYONE PLAY WITH MEEEE *

* Comes to play *

* LEAVE ME ALONE I'M TOO ANGSTY TO TALK TO ANYONE *

We need to reply to this thread. True-story-meme
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next