Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Employment, Charity and Feeding the Poor. (famine related event)

+7
Morinth
Braiden
Gustov
Drustai
Valestrion
Gesh
Lexgrad
11 posters

Go down

Employment, Charity and Feeding the Poor. (famine related event) Empty Employment, Charity and Feeding the Poor. (famine related event)

Post by Lexgrad Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:58 pm

(posters are raised about the city)

Citizens of Stormwind!

The Council of Stormwind are pleased to offer you an opportunity to feed the needy this winter and earn some extra coin at the same time!

As a part of the Policy of Work and food, championed by the Ministers of Stormwind, the Kingdom will be offering a stipend to citizens who sign up to one of the food for work programs that are open now! Patriots who wish to join us out of charity are most welcome to sign up as well, the King shall pay heed to your Generosity and the poor will be thankful. The next program will be on the 6th of november; the most generous Lord Jarric buckholme has offered the use of his estate, the village of Buckholme, and has even offered his own money to pay the stipend.

There is to be a fishing competition, small game can be trapped or shot and wild roots and burries can be taken for the cause. After the Work is done there will be a small reception in Buckholme, we will offer our dear citizens some punch and a chance to meet with your ministers and the best workers will be rewarded.

note his lordship reminds us poaching of deer is illegal and his garden is not for eating

Last edited by Lexgrad on Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:22 pm; edited 5 times in total
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Employment, Charity and Feeding the Poor. (famine related event) Empty Re: Employment, Charity and Feeding the Poor. (famine related event)

Post by Lexgrad Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:59 pm

(ooc)

So the plan is to meet at eastvale (Buckholme for one day only) and RP! Anyone can come, if your char is not broke he may come as a charity if he feels so inclined. I am looking for a couple of helpers to run the event, All of you to trudge about the forest and most importantly to have fun and RP!

We will start in Eastvale (Buckholme) At 20-30 and take it from there with the fishing and slaughtering of bunnies/squirrals/wolves. We will finish with a small debrief in the village after which you are asked nicely to get off my land!

Will be making a calander invite, poke me for an add and poke your guildies to come along.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Employment, Charity and Feeding the Poor. (famine related event) Empty Re: Employment, Charity and Feeding the Poor. (famine related event)

Post by Gesh Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:28 am

Not sure if I'll be avaliable on the actual night. But I would love to attend on Emberstone or Evalinn! Very Happy.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Valestrion Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:41 am

Isn't Eastvale Dieudonne land?

Valestrion

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:42 am

Valestrion wrote:Isn't Eastvale Dieudonne land?

Dieudonne is gone.

Besides, as Lex said, he's only treating it as Buckholme for one day for the purpose of the event, not in general.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:44 am

Saphra is comming I hope!
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:48 am

Lexgrad wrote:Saphra is comming I hope!

She might!

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gustov Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:23 am

May a thief rob your food, unseen from your looking eyes? After all, you would be attending to the mass of workers, which leads your food supply open for the skilled thieves. Razz
Gustov
Gustov

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:46 am

We are using Eastvale from time to time to but it doesnt matter, there's very limited space in Elwynn Razz

Nice initiative.
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet
Name: Braiden Mistmantle
Title: Count ಠ_ರೃ

Back to top Go down

Post by Morinth Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:54 am

May I make hats out of the squirrels fur? I've always loved those tails...
Morinth
Morinth

Character sheet
Name: Captain Morinth
Title: Queen of the Pirates! (self-proclaimed!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Geneviève Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:53 am

Not only are we gone.

In the same way Lex is using it for a day. We used it to 'represent' what we needed when we needed it. Otherwise Elwynn would very quickly fill up with 'claimed' land that is rarely used in practise.
Geneviève
Geneviève

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleric Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:20 pm

Psst, Lex! You wrote October in your post.
Aleric
Aleric

Character sheet
Name: Sir Aleric Dylain
Title: Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:23 pm

Aleric wrote:Psst, Lex! You wrote October in your post.

Oops :!

Make sure you poke the guilds and your friends about this!
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valestrion Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:17 pm

While I applaud the initiative to create an event that's a little different, there is one thing about this event that troubles me. This is entirely an OOC comment and does not, in any way, represent an official Disciples view that the poor and needy shouldn't be helped. However, this is about a famine. It isn't about the peasants suddenly being afflicted with a dose of laziness. The point about a famine is that food is in short supply. If the food were there, the peasants would still be able to feed themselves. So how does getting all willing people out hunting, fishing and gathering help? If the food isn't there, it won't achieve anything, and if the food is there, then people who need it probably don't need help to collect it.

Having said that, I am sure any Disciple who is available on Sunday evening will be willing to help with any initiative to help the poor and needy.

Valestrion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lini Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:41 pm

Valestrion wrote:While I applaud the initiative to create an event that's a little different, there is one thing about this event that troubles me. This is entirely an OOC comment and does not, in any way, represent an official Disciples view that the poor and needy shouldn't be helped. However, this is about a famine. It isn't about the peasants suddenly being afflicted with a dose of laziness. The point about a famine is that food is in short supply. If the food were there, the peasants would still be able to feed themselves. So how does getting all willing people out hunting, fishing and gathering help? If the food isn't there, it won't achieve anything, and if the food is there, then people who need it probably don't need help to collect it.

Having said that, I am sure any Disciple who is available on Sunday evening will be willing to help with any initiative to help the poor and needy.
The land and all the food in it isn't owned by the poor and needy but by the rich and wealthy. Hunting, fishing and gathering without a permission is a punishable crime. Sure, people will start taking that risk if/when the famine gets worse but for now most people will still probably just abide the law.
Lini
Lini

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:34 pm

Lini wrote:
Valestrion wrote:While I applaud the initiative to create an event that's a little different, there is one thing about this event that troubles me. This is entirely an OOC comment and does not, in any way, represent an official Disciples view that the poor and needy shouldn't be helped. However, this is about a famine. It isn't about the peasants suddenly being afflicted with a dose of laziness. The point about a famine is that food is in short supply. If the food were there, the peasants would still be able to feed themselves. So how does getting all willing people out hunting, fishing and gathering help? If the food isn't there, it won't achieve anything, and if the food is there, then people who need it probably don't need help to collect it.

The land and all the food in it isn't owned by the poor and needy but by the rich and wealthy. Hunting, fishing and gathering without a permission is a punishable crime. Sure, people will start taking that risk if/when the famine gets worse but for now most people will still probably just abide the law.

It is not there to suggest that there is a dose of lazyness about, It is not meant as a complete solution either; in essance it is a policy taken from any conservitives play book, ie the state helping you to help yourself. It has benifits other than feeding the poor squirral soup, with the prices of food rising it will allow those who support the state to earn a little bit more, it keeps people occupied (likely many will be doing it as a second job) meaning less time to cause trouble, and of cause makes crappy food for the starving. It will be the very poorest who starve first, likely cripples or old soldiers, the unemployed ect and it is they who the soup kitchens will be feeding, but the starvation level will soon rise to higher classes of SW society.

It is a famine, a failure of the farmed crops that causes this, It will affect the ecosystem of elwynn ofc but it doesnt mean the death of all creatures has occured! The work gangs will be looking for birds, stoats, mice, and ofc squirrels; anything that can be eaten really.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:04 pm

This is tonight! /w me for invites.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:58 pm

So.....anything left from the lords garden? Wink
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:38 pm

one deer was shot! But he decided arresting the DoL was bad for his image :p
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down