Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How will transmorgification affect RP PvP?

+14
Muzjhath
Odgan / Keag
Kil'drakor
Sanara
Ishap/Virock
John Helsythe Amaltheria
Rmuffn
Drustai
Lexgrad
Mandui
Kristeas Sunbinder
Morinth
Amaryl
itsy
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How will transmorgification affect RP PvP? Empty How will transmorgification affect RP PvP?

Post by itsy Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:39 pm

See the title. I'm interested in seeing how people think this will affect things regarding "pvp gear" versus "rp gear" and whatnot.
itsy
itsy

Character sheet
Name: @_@
Title: @_@

Back to top Go down

How will transmorgification affect RP PvP? Empty Re: How will transmorgification affect RP PvP?

Post by Amaryl Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:40 pm

it means we finally can have more random pvp. hopefully like the old days but that's pushing it.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

How will transmorgification affect RP PvP? Empty Re: How will transmorgification affect RP PvP?

Post by Morinth Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:46 pm

I enjoy rp gear battles, they last so much longer and are way fun. PvP gear = Victory to whoever has more Loladins.

It's gonna suck.
Morinth
Morinth

Character sheet
Name: Captain Morinth
Title: Queen of the Pirates! (self-proclaimed!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:47 pm

I imagine it would give pvp more flavor and that whole "now you can't see the other players gear to determine how strong they are" thing is going right over my head Very Happy
However the new pvp T11 set for pala's is making me question if i want to transmogrify my gear.

And Morinth, you don't fight in the right pvp battles Very Happy
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:51 pm

Morinth wrote:I enjoy rp gear battles, they last so much longer and are way fun. PvP gear = Victory to whoever has more Loladins.

It's gonna suck.
No, not really xD

I personally love the feature and everything it brings with it. Especially since I can avoid looking like crap in that horrid S11 PvP set.
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:55 pm

It will make small RP gatherings tougher nuts for gankers.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:02 pm

My transmog gear will basically be my combat gear. I'll still be weak when walking around in my dresses and stuff, but when RP-PvP battles come, I can just deck out in my best-looking combat attire and actually be effective.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:08 pm

Alot of RPers will just have bad pvp gear and still be piss easy targets, not that I camp RPers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:47 pm

Kristeas Sunbinder wrote:I imagine it would give pvp more flavor and that whole "now you can't see the other players gear to determine how strong they are" thing is going right over my head Very Happy
However the new pvp T11 set for pala's is making me question if i want to transmogrify my gear.

And Morinth, you don't fight in the right pvp battles Very Happy

Ditto. I feel the same about warrior S11. I'm like. WHAT. Must have. :O
As for determining, just memorize what certain amount of health equals for gear. I've been doing so since wotlk.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:51 pm

Composition/Skill/Teamwork >>>>>>>>>>>>> Gear.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:28 pm

It. Will. Be. Ace.
John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ishap/Virock Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:52 pm

To be fair I'm already using Warriors Vicious Gear as my RP gear...
Ishap/Virock
Ishap/Virock

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:36 pm

How will transmorgification affect RP PvP?

It will make it more appealing to look at in general, and less annoying to participate in for people who enjoy fancy sets.

It will cause some minor QQs from silly people, but then that can be said about every change made to a game of even mild popularity.
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet
Name: Farseer Sanara of Ver Ager
Title: Matriarch of Ere Argus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kil'drakor Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:09 am

Knowing myself, I'll mog the wrong gear, so that I'm walking around in Brutal Gladiator's instead of Ruthless statwise. Sad

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Odgan / Keag Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:58 am

I can do Alterac Valley in my Mountaineer uniform now. Or well, I could already.. And did already several time, but it didn't work out well.

And by the way, how much will this cost? Knowing Blizz it will probally cost several thousand gold, no?
Odgan / Keag
Odgan / Keag

Character sheet
Name: Ildranor Strongbrew
Title: Mountaineer-Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:59 am

Ildranor wrote:I can do Alterac Valley in my Mountaineer uniform now. Or well, I could already.. And did already several time, but it didn't work out well.

And by the way, how much will this cost? Knowing Blizz it will probally cost several thousand gold, no?

I think void storage costs 1000g to unlock and then 100g to drop something off and 100g to pick something up. I imagine it would be something 100g'ish for transmorg, but might depend on the ilevels.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:23 am

The prices set now are subject for being changed. Been stated many a time from blizzard.
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:33 am

While I'm looking forward to this feature, I also see the limitation of it. With your PvP getting another look, you might be bound to one single look... and end up with more costly affairs if you like to swap around styles. But it's still a win, either way.

I certainly think this will permit orders as a whole, or people individually to use a more iconic look in RP battles. I imagine a whole Stormwind Regiment in uniform...

It would also permit us to choose themes for battles and make thematic battles. This might help to set a mood for some Campaigns or events, I think.... IF people are willing to cough up the gold for it.
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:44 am

Jeanpierre wrote:While I'm looking forward to this feature, I also see the limitation of it. With your PvP getting another look, you might be bound to one single look... and end up with more costly affairs if you like to swap around styles. But it's still a win, either way.

This is why I'm going with 'transmog = battle armor' idea. I don't need to be running around in my best gear while RPing in a dress in the streets of Stormwind. But in RP-PvP, I do. So, logically, I only transmog my PvP gear into my RP combat gear. Much better to only do it once for all combat RP than switching every time you want to wear something different while doing civilian RP.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:50 am

Drustai wrote:I don't need to be running around in my best gear while RPing in a dress in the streets of Stormwind.

On the other hand, I would be thoroughly amused to see a nigh transparent nightgown bear the stats of the top tier pvp gear.

"Ohh, that's not a thong. Those are my brutal gladiator leggings"
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorainne/Bridlington Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:57 am

*Shudders at the thought of Drustai wearing a thong.*
Lorainne/Bridlington
Lorainne/Bridlington

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:59 am

Tsurana/Lorainne wrote:*Shudders at the thought of Drustai wearing a thong.*

You're just jealous.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:38 am

What I hope is that this atleast will get more people to once again enable /pvp..

i mean being in an event and have 3 out of 25 tagged for pvp... /sigh.

where are the good ol days, in vanilla and tbc where /pvp was bloody enforced xD

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:08 am

Drustai wrote:You're just jealous.
As they should be tbh. Draenei ass > all.

As for the void storage...I'd pay even 5k for it, my bank is full to the brim with all sorts of PvE and PvP sets, plus various nostalgia items of the past 4 years.
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:14 am

Mandui wrote:
Drustai wrote:You're just jealous.
As they should be tbh. Draenei ass > all.

We demand proof.
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum