Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guild Wars 2

+54
Nithel
Norrian/Chezz
Braiden
Rufs
Humphry
Grufftoof
Allonia_Miral
Spyre
Drustai
Shaelyssa
Salketh
Arabella Greene
Ave/Sariella
Teebo
Marrickus Blackwind
Unknown
Gustov
Vaell
Naomi
Lavian
Ixirar
Aluvielle
Halya
Velynia
Ledgic
Ron Sexton
Osuun
Eowale
Tollir
John Helsythe Amaltheria
Ralegh
Amaryl
Tso/Feloreth
Seranita
Rmuffn
Baròth / Olian
Odgan / Keag
Lorainne/Bridlington
Feydor
Morinth
Ishap/Virock
Timna
Lyniath
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Muzjhath
Gesh
Flo
Geneviève
Kristeas Sunbinder
Mikasa
Mandui
Dréfurion
Sullee Swiftspeech
58 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

Guild Wars 2 Empty Guild Wars 2

Post by Sullee Swiftspeech Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:13 pm

Hello there people!

I heard about Guild Wars 2 some time ago, and took the time to check out its trailer.. And I was simply stunned.
I had, honestly, never heard of Guild Wars before (Shame on me?) but now that I've seen the trailer, I am pretty sure it'll be my next mmorpg to play.

It just looks so good graphic-wise! Next to that, the combat system seems much better than WoW's (personal preferances) and the I really like the dynamic events concept.

So.. I was wondering.. Anyone else who is as excited for the game as I am? Very Happy And would you consider RPing on there? (I would)

Post your class/profession combination too, if you've been thinking about it. :p I think ranger, thief and elementalist -all- are pretty awesome.
Sullee Swiftspeech
Sullee Swiftspeech

Back to top Go down

Guild Wars 2 Empty Re: Guild Wars 2

Post by Dréfurion Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:31 pm

Asura necromancer.. Not sure about my faction yet.. And hell yes I'll RP on it!

I think I'll leave WoW for this with no intention of coming back to it.. Unless it turns out it'll totally suck ofcourse..

Dréfurion

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:04 pm

Definitely giving this a try as well. Not sure about the class yet but the combat system does look really promising as well as the graphics. It's after all some of the original Blizz devs working on it Wink
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikasa Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:22 pm

Having to try both TOR and GW2.. God bless GW2 doesn't have a subscribtion >.>
Mikasa
Mikasa

Character sheet
Name: Mikasa Angelos
Title: Retlol God

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:41 pm

Norn Guardian \o/ and going to rp very much.
"Puny plant man, how do you bleed?!"
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Geneviève Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:45 pm

As on olde vereran of Guild Wars 1 I'll buy it (it's free to play, but refuse to enjoy it. They're removed what was unique about it's combat system, what made it so special, and replaced it with a weaopon/ terrain based skill set that does so little to enthuse me I can't even think of an analogy.

It looks good, Guild Wars always did, but like the original game there'll be no RP community to speak of and for visuals I'd be better off watching a film.

If they fail to balance the PvP aswell as they did in the original game, aswell as failing to providing people access to max level characters whenever they wanted to PvP, well there'll be not a single aspect of the game which is anything besides mediocre.

I hope I'm wrong, because I'd love to find a game to match Mount and Blade for pick up and play potential, but GW2 strikes me as a game that has sold it's soul. D:
Geneviève
Geneviève

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:51 pm

Geneviève wrote:
It looks good, Guild Wars always did, but like the original game there'll be no RP community to speak of and for visuals I'd be better off watching a film.

Did you try the international districts?
The GWRPA was mostly found there. And GW2 gives a much more chance for rp.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Geneviève Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:00 pm

Of course I did. I was in an RP dedicated guild. I may have hyperboled slightly to show my continued dissapointment with the original games community. I always felt that was it's weakest point. It made even the very worst Warcraft players look like angels.
Geneviève
Geneviève

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Flo Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:38 pm

I've honestly not been this excited for a MMO since Wrath/before tOR started showing gameplay videos.

Still debating between a warrior or a ranger, but Norn all the way.
Flo
Flo

Character sheet
Name: Sanaje
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:42 pm

Male Sylvari rogue or themysteriousclass.

Depending on what it is! :>

Twinks spawned from vines and have no concept of traditional gender roles. FAPFAP--- I mean.. Interesting, indepth lore.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:17 pm

Norn Ranger I think I'll try first. Then something Elementalist.

But oh yes I plan on getting this day one.
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dréfurion Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:20 pm

My Asura will be way better than y'all!

(Im already practising his arrogance)

Dréfurion

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Swan Emperor Arenfel Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:23 pm

Geneviève wrote:
I'd be better off watching a film.

Surely that's a good thing though... ?

Me and my guildies from Defias Brotherhood will be putting a guild up as soon as the game goes live, I'm deciding between a Norn Thief and a Human Guardian at the minute. Tempted to give Charr Engineer or Warrior a go, the player-house/town really interests me! <3
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Swan Emperor Arenfel

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:53 pm

I'll probably be going with a magical based Sylvari of some kind because I -love- the lore. I just hope they don't look too silly in the gear
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Dréfurion Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:02 pm

Asura is where it's at! It's a goblin/gnome with less derp and more attitude!

and they are totally cute and huggable. I also like their philosophy alot.. I can picture my Asura being with the Inquest (oh god, I'll probably be flammed for this..)

Dréfurion

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sullee Swiftspeech Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:22 am

Hmm.. Was there no solid RP community on the old Guild Wars? I wouldn't know - I never played any mmorpg from wow.. Surprised

Surely there are realms/servers devoted to RP, like on wow?

And if there aint a community.. well.. we'll build one?!
Sullee Swiftspeech
Sullee Swiftspeech

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:00 am

GW worked with districts: European, International, American, etc. (The "Realm vs. Realm" for the good PVE instances, was pvp in the Hall of Heroes)
If I remember right, everyone could to to internationals but American -> European was a limited switch.
In short, everyone that has Guild Wars, can play with anyone that has Guild Wars.

*nostalgia* Nothing like meeting a couple of people in Ascalon and chain mission into Lion's Arch. The beaches of Lion's Gate, the hot springs of Deldrimor Bowl, the first steps into the Crystal Dessert.... Now new and improved with 100% more Norn, Asura, Sylvari and Charr.

Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:37 am

I hope to join some sort of Sylvari guild! ^^ And.. Can anyone explain to me how a Mesmar would work?
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Geneviève Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:23 am

Kristeas Sunbinder wrote:GW worked with districts: European, International, American, etc. (The "Realm vs. Realm" for the good PVE instances, was pvp in the Hall of Heroes)
If I remember right, everyone could to to internationals but American -> European was a limited switch.
In short, everyone that has Guild Wars, can play with anyone that has Guild Wars.

*nostalgia* Nothing like meeting a couple of people in Ascalon and chain mission into Lion's Arch. The beaches of Lion's Gate, the hot springs of Deldrimor Bowl, the first steps into the Crystal Dessert.... Now new and improved with 100% more Norn, Asura, Sylvari and Charr.

Yeah as I remember it you could jump realms/servers whenever you wanted they all had the same rules regarding PvP (none) and RP (wasn't ever mentioned). If you played in Europe you could choose from International and European Realms. If you were from the Us, International and US realms.

Everyone could play together, which was a problem. Does anyone remember PvP in Classic? You knew almost every name you saw in a pug. You knew what standard of players they were, you had old rivalries and alliances. You still get that on realms in warcraft because of the limited playerbase. In Guild Wars you never really had that because there were simply so many people like in BGs today. Of course everyone in the top guilds all new each other, Guild v Guild battles were incredible, I still remember the first time our guild made it onto the leader board hosted on their homepage. It was super competative and what Blizzard tried and failed to emulate through arenas. My fear with GW2 is that they'll move the focus away from PvP towards PvE which seems to have a broader appeal. That was anpother unique aspect of Guild Wars. When I typed top guilds I did it without thinking. In WoW it would have been top PvP guilds, or top PvE guilds. But GW was so PvP focused that you didn't need to to that. Everyone knew the PvE was just there for lore and PvP was the meat of the game.

Anyway, I'm getting nostalgic and that will only lead to increased hatred for GW2 so I'd better finish up!

100% more Norn, Asua, Sylvari and Charr means no Norn, Asura, Sylvari, and twice as many Charr...You know that, right? ;P Frankly I'd prefer it if that's how it was going to be. That's my gripe with GW2. It's no longer Guild Wars, it's just a generic MMO trying so hard to diversify that it's lost what it once had.

P.S. On the topic of Mesmer's because I used to play one, Huzzah! *coughs* Mesmers were all about battlefield control. They could be tailored to conmpletely shut down and dominate either casters or melee etc. They had some powerful dots and some nasty hexes that could do things like cause all enemy attacks to reflect back on themselves. Since you could only equip eight skills to take with you to battle you had to predict quite precisely what your enemy would choose and prepare yourself accordingly. You then had to understand how they intended to play the game in order to effectively counter them. If you couldn't do that you were useless.
Geneviève
Geneviève

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dréfurion Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:45 am

I'd hardly call it generic; it's doing everything WoW just can't seem to be doing right, right. So as far as I've seen even questing (I hate questing in WoW so much I'd murder to not have to do it anymore.) looks appealing to me.

I am not sure how the pvp will work out in GW2, but from what (little) I've seen it looks very appealing for me personally. Both the world v. world pvp and the smaller scale battlegrounds. I honestly don't see them forsaking the awesome pvp they had in favour of more pve.

It's dynamic event is such a leap forward from what Rift did, and no more annoying assholes that don't accept your group request during scripted questthingies, with the things I've seen with worldbosses in GW2 is just pure win.

And again, it looks so stunning.. So so stunning! RP would be nice, but I can do without.

Perhaps the hype has gotten to me too much and I'll be disappointed, but it looks very very promising to me.

Dréfurion

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:28 am

Wow.. where will our roleplay community be when TOR and GW2 is released? I doubt I could run GW2 on my pc but it does look interesting.
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet
Name: Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Title: Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Geneviève Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:17 am

If everybody does the same thing, even to varying degrees of success, that is still the generic behaviour. But I understand what youre getting at. My complaint with GW is a complete U turn on gameplay. We've lost our secondary class, we've lost our almost perfectly balanced classes, and what we've got in return is a functioning z-axis and a pixel update. Woop woop! I remember when I was playing Guild Wars that what it really needed was the ability to jump!

They've already forsaken the awesome PvP they had in exchange for a broader appeal, they've added races to the game, increasing the complexity of balance even more. I confess back in the day there were a few builds that were astranomically strong, the ninja ranger, the touch necro, the buff monk/warrior, but the game was so flexible that players designed new builds that fixed these problems without the developers having to lift a finger.

That's what we've truly lost. Choice and the respect of developers who trusted us to balance the game ourselves. Now our hand will be held as we choose from a variety of fluffy creatures with bad teeth and pair them up with our choice of weapon then unleashed upon each other in an uncreative enviroment where 'class of the month' is King, elected by developers whims rather than player ingenuity.
Geneviève
Geneviève

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:32 am

Gene, you can't know if that last paragraph is true. Stop being a negative arsehole. =P
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:47 pm

OH NOEZ NO ARRPEEERS!

...Bunch of babies. I've roleplayed on Lineage 2, City of heroes, city of villians, DC universe online, Aion, Warhammer online, Everquest 2.. Heck.

Regardless if they release a RP server: Although I do believe they will. Players -choose- a server for RP. And, it works just as well. Besides, The Guild wars 2 lore is epically done, ..Sylvari!? SYLVARI!?
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:30 pm

Vectoria wrote:OH NOEZ NO ARRPEEERS!

...Bunch of babies. I've roleplayed on Lineage 2, City of heroes, city of villians, DC universe online, Aion, Warhammer online, Everquest 2.. Heck.

Regardless if they release a RP server: Although I do believe they will. Players -choose- a server for RP. And, it works just as well. Besides, The Guild wars 2 lore is epically done, ..Sylvari!? SYLVARI!?

And let's not forget the languages that you can apparently learn >.> <.< Treasure hunting here I come.
http://www.arena.net/blog/content-designer-matthew-medina-discusses-the-alphabet-of-guild-wars
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next