Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The viability of being neutral to both Alliance and Horde?

+6
Sanara
Kristeas Sunbinder
Morinth
Lexgrad
Geneviève
Dolerien
10 posters

Go down

The viability of being neutral to both Alliance and Horde? Empty The viability of being neutral to both Alliance and Horde?

Post by Dolerien Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:27 am

What do you think is the likelihood of being accepted by the Horde if you are neutral to the Alliance? And vice versa. I know some would dislike the person, but there are those who are accepted, The Kirin Tor, the rest of the Goblin Cartels etc. but they are seperate factions, not individual people.
Dolerien
Dolerien

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

The viability of being neutral to both Alliance and Horde? Empty Re: The viability of being neutral to both Alliance and Horde?

Post by Geneviève Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:35 am

This analogy may break down depending upon where you live.

But are you neutral with Afghanistan?

People do not declare war. Razz
Geneviève
Geneviève

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

The viability of being neutral to both Alliance and Horde? Empty Re: The viability of being neutral to both Alliance and Horde?

Post by Lexgrad Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:48 am

We are allied to afghanistan I thought XD
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Geneviève Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:53 am

You're not a nation/state/country/treaty organisation etc. Razz

That said...Yeah, I fucked up there. If that'd been on TV the armies PR guys would have been tearing their hair out. Whoops. >.>

Point still stands! If someone came up to me and announced or implied he was 'neutral' with a country I'd disregard him as a severe case of unwarrented self importance.

If you mean your characer is a conscientious objector then I think you should look up what was done to them and take that as the very least of what would happen to your character.

I'd even go so far as to say the authorities would execute a conscientious objector right off the bat. Either as a public example of the punishment for 'cowardice' or secretly to remove a potentially cancerous idea.
Geneviève
Geneviève

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Morinth Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:54 am

My pirate's more or less neutral now. Too many Horde backstabbings. \o Now she'll work with whoever pays more. She's a goblin at heart. XD

She doesn't get into much trouble, cause she isn't spying on the Horde and 'inciting chaos' as she was once accused. XD On the public front, it's just trading goods and merc work. But that's only the side people can see, so... Razz
Morinth
Morinth

Character sheet
Name: Captain Morinth
Title: Queen of the Pirates! (self-proclaimed!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:59 am

I think that'd depend on race, goblins for example would have an easier time than a forsaken to be seen as neutral.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:05 am

Generally, as long as you avoid directly consorting with the enemy, I think you can get away with being "neutral", regardless of faction.

If you do consort with both factions, you should at least expect being considered a traitor by some radicals, and a coward/putz by the rest.
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet
Name: Farseer Sanara of Ver Ager
Title: Matriarch of Ere Argus

Back to top Go down

Post by Morinth Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:24 am

Merandil wrote:Generally, as long as you avoid directly consorting with the enemy, I think you can get away with being "neutral", regardless of faction.

If you do consort with both factions, you should at least expect being considered a traitor by some radicals, and a coward/putz by the rest.

I get the traitor business a lot. But no one does anything about it. Probably 'cause I have a gang of crazy psychotic basta-.. Uhh, I mean pirates with me all the time. :>
Morinth
Morinth

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:52 am

Not sure if the Red Blades have given you the traitor business in any serious fashion... If we did you and your cute band of teddy bea- *cough* pirates would run and hide.
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Morinth Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:19 am

Muzjhath wrote:Not sure if the Red Blades have given you the traitor business in any serious fashion... If we did you and your cute band of teddy bea- *cough* pirates would run and hide.

The Blades are one of our main amusements. Wink The amount of times they've tried and failed... Morgeth and I take cheap shots at each other, but nothing serious there. Actually helped you guys once while disguised. \o Shh, don't tell. My crew will think I've gone soft.
Morinth
Morinth

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:42 am

I think it's a pretty sweeping statement to be at war with the horde, given the fact how different Night elves are to gnomes and forsaken are to tauren.

Vectoria tends to pro-war given she's Lawful and understands the need for it when a bunch of Alliance stroll into Lordaeron like they own the place!

Jovvie my goblin is extremely neutral, he would great a Scourge in the forest and be like " Hey! Whats your favorite colour? " Only when struck would he start conjuring a lightining bolt. You wouldn't see him on a battlefield between horde and alliance, regardless of being bilgewater.

Emberstone, I dunno. I think she wouldn't hesitate to kill a forsaken or orc, troll, but may do so with say a Tauren, given the link to hyjal.

It's gonna come down to personal preference, just remeber your charecter doesn't need to actually kill the opposing faction even if you enjoy the ocassional battleground. ;D.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:18 pm

Emberstone wrote:I think it's a pretty sweeping statement to be at war with the horde, given the fact how different Night elves are to gnomes and forsaken are to tauren.

Vectoria tends to pro-war given she's Lawful and understands the need for it when a bunch of Alliance stroll into Lordaeron like they own the place!

Jovvie my goblin is extremely neutral, he would great a Scourge in the forest and be like " Hey! Whats your favorite colour? " Only when struck would he start conjuring a lightining bolt. You wouldn't see him on a battlefield between horde and alliance, regardless of being bilgewater.

Emberstone, I dunno. I think she wouldn't hesitate to kill a forsaken or orc, troll, but may do so with say a Tauren, given the link to hyjal.

It's gonna come down to personal preference, just remeber your charecter doesn't need to actually kill the opposing faction even if you enjoy the ocassional battleground. ;D.

Also can your char kill the other! I have a few chars would have a hard time putting anyone down, let alone an orc! Also it is totally ok to be pro war and never lift a weapon! (IRL... no i say you want war, get in the ring!)
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgeth Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:20 pm

Belves being "traitors" by slutting around is as much news to the Horde as the fact that Thrall's a sissy with pink flower petals.

If anything, people who have alllegiances outside of their faction should be careful about it. Don't bring your human friend on a stroll through Crossroads, and so forth.
Morgeth
Morgeth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Morinth Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:59 pm

Ratchet and Tanaris are the crews usual haunts. We have quite a few alliance people we work with. Razz But we also have Hordies who want business with the alliance and use us to pass it on... Such blackmail we have on many people.
Morinth
Morinth

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:53 pm

She's simply in for it with the human lovin' when it comes to Trave.
Maybe he could pass for a Mag'har with that tan! *Strolls into Crossroads*
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Morinth Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:16 pm

Trave wrote:She's simply in for it with the human lovin' when it comes to Trave.
Maybe he could pass for a Mag'har with that tan! *Strolls into Crossroads*

My Death Knight would decimate you. Very Happy She's nice like that. And when she's done, my Forsaken would nibble on your limbs. For the Horde!
Morinth
Morinth

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down