Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World of Darkness forum based roleplay.

+11
Sinnadrin
Grufftoof
Feydor
Quin
Cathee Norris
Muzjhath
Gahalla
Nayan
Timna
Drustai
Gesh
15 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Would you be interested in a Vampire The Masquerade forum based roleplay, with intentions on building charecter reputations and political gameplay.

World of Darkness forum based roleplay. Vote_lcap38%World of Darkness forum based roleplay. Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 13 ]
World of Darkness forum based roleplay. Vote_lcap29%World of Darkness forum based roleplay. Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 10 ]
World of Darkness forum based roleplay. Vote_lcap32%World of Darkness forum based roleplay. Vote_rcap 32% 
[ 11 ]

Total Votes : 34

World of Darkness forum based roleplay. Empty World of Darkness forum based roleplay.

Post by Gesh Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:08 am

Just a quick eyeing up of the number of people who would be interested in a World of Darkness forum based roleplay. The idea is that we each have a handful of charecters, we post the profiles on the forum for reference and roleplay from there. Adding infomation on said charecters as we go, aswell as relationships with other kine and kindred alike.

Plot ideas.

The unwanted guest
A new kindred/clan has appeared within the city, Be they powerful and renowned or recently turned and infamous they are causing trouble, a difference of opinions have resulted in the current clans and kindred within the city to either rally with the newcomer or stand against them. How will everyone be affected?

A just plague for the unjust
A sickness is spreading amongst kine at a worrying speed. Within nights the sickness has taken many victims and has rumored to even effect the undead. Is there a cure? Who's effected? How will it effect those around them? Was it natural? Or some sort of attack against all kindred?

A new home, Lotsa fresh meat
A city once off-limits to all Kindred due to an extremely high Hunters presense has suddenly become viable for resideing in. It quickly becomes a hotspot for both Elders and neonates. But what drove the hunters away? Why did these kindred feel the need to leave there old domains? Will infighting be created due to landgrabbing? Why should the prince from the old city have domain here? Rebels? Loyalists?

Young bloods
Seven freshly turned mortals find themselves in a dark room, locked in like animals. Hunger mounting within each and everyone of them. What happened? Who are they? Who is holding them? Will the hunger ever stop?

Last edited by Emberstone on Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

World of Darkness forum based roleplay. Empty Re: World of Darkness forum based roleplay.

Post by Drustai Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:39 am

Interested.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

World of Darkness forum based roleplay. Empty Re: World of Darkness forum based roleplay.

Post by Timna Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:46 am

I ain't heard about this World of Darkness. Like, ever.
Timna
Timna

Character sheet
Name: Timna
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:04 am

Timna wrote:I ain't heard about this World of Darkness. Like, ever.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_of_Darkness
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vampire:_The_Masquerade
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayan Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:45 am

Timna wrote:I ain't heard about this World of Darkness. Like, ever.
Your loss, then ^^ Look it up.
Nayan
Nayan

Character sheet
Name: Nayan of the Frostmanes
Title: Primal of Bethekk

http://s1.zetaboards.com/Heritage/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gahalla Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:57 am

I am interested, though more so with nWoD than oWoD.
Partly because it is the version I am more familiar with (and also because as far as I understand, given the toolbox approach of nWoD, it is by far much easier to get into that setting since a lot less lore is predetermined) and partly because the political width is wider (each of the five covenants serve the same function as the sabbat/camarilla. The antagonism is also toned down a lot, so there's plenty of backstabbing/backroom alliances/deception in their dealings with one another.
Personal power is also toned down a lot. The disciplines are a lot weaker and old vampires are forced to go into torpor for centuries to make their blood potency drop to avoid blood addictions and vinocolums. The movers and shakers tend to be a couple of centuries old, rather than millennia. The elders tend to be a lot more vunerable in nWoD.

(I do have the basic outlines for a nWoD city typed down on this computer even. From an old game-idea that never took off. If anyone is interested.)
Gahalla
Gahalla

Character sheet
Name: Gahalla rose
Title: Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:46 am

Gahalla, you're talking very much Vampire, not the basis of WoD. The basis of WoD is the humans you feed on in Vampire, that doesn't know the vampires exist.

I'd so be up for it, love a good WoD setting, no matter which things you drag ontop of it. (With Geist most likely being the personal fav.) Or dragging them all for extra flavour. (Aside from maybe Mage, since mages are OP).
I'll be gone for two weeks, but after that I'll be all go.

But, I would call for having one or two game moderators, so that you could go for killing someone else without the going "no lol, I dodge this!" Within reason.
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:48 am

I do roleplay this already, over Facebook. And although I'd love to get involved more I think I'd have a hard time keeping up with both. If people are interested I roleplay in a group called "New York final nights". It's just me and my best pal right now so would be fun if more people was interested Smile
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Name: Cathee Piner
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:34 am

Gahalla wrote:I am interested, though more so with nWoD than oWoD.
Partly because it is the version I am more familiar with (and also because as far as I understand, given the toolbox approach of nWoD, it is by far much easier to get into that setting since a lot less lore is predetermined)

Which makes the setting of nWoD boring. The metaplots are one of the best things about oWoD.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gahalla Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:00 am

Muzjath: true, I did come from a vampire-centric point of view (since that was suggested in the opening topic). All in all though, nWoD as a whole is a lot more toolbox (and less power).

Drustai: One's mileage may vary there. I imagine the metaplot is certainly a lot more enjoyable if one was introduced to it while it was still running (as opposed to approaching the setting after it's conclusion), the fact that I thoroughly dislike end-of-the-world plots may also colour my perception of it.

Mind however, I think the most profound difference between nWoD and oWoD is that the latter is one huge setting and the former is a collection of settings.
Gahalla
Gahalla

Character sheet
Name: Gahalla rose
Title: Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:15 am

When it comes to vampire (the only one I played both new and old) I prefeer the new. Just because it's much more free, and on the political spectrum far more fun. It's not the same power struggle between two forces that is quite flat. (unless you have time to read thousand of pages of plotlines). And if we do go with oWoD we'll have to pretty much say "no one plays anyone of these" unless we want people doing over powered things.
But thinking preedetermed lore is boring or not is a personal preference. I really like predetermined lore, and oWoD has some awesome stuff. But, the factions they have in nWoD are a lot more fun to the extent that I know them. They are less rigid, less stuck in one place where it's hard to really do anything with them.
Also, I feel that the induvidia isn't as powerful in nWoD. Take the oWoD hunters and most of them are basicly super human, not humans knowing more than they want, and not liking it. Some being super human.
I also remeber that some frieneds who had played Mage: Acention saying that one magic school was pretty much so over powered it made everything boring in the wrong hands. So when thinking on ballance, things are a bit better with nWoD (Aside from a warewolf going Garu, but well you don't want that anway).
But this is just my thoughts which are highly personal preferences.

When it comes down to it I think it'd be most fun if everyone was just good old humans, not knowing what fucked up world they lived in.

Edit: And, Gahalla, Vampire didn't get mixed into the topic until Dru brought it in at post number 3/4 (depending on you count the original post).
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:25 pm

As I'm not much of a " technical roleplayer. " the majority of the intereaction will be fluff, How discplines work will be considered, but not the whole business with dots and rolls and if your wearing the right type of underwear to use celerity. It'll be about knowing our charecters weaknesses and strengths and being loyal to them, whilst equally as loyal to making sure any delicate infomation is made public, If this does go ahead. I would like to encourage each of us to have some sort of secret that when brought up in Elysium could very well have you killed or your reputation thrown to the wind, a step also must be taken to make anyone involved realise that charecters can be killed off if they step out of line, and surviveing can rely even more on keeping the right kindred happy, then just having a nice little bit of psyhical power under your belt.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:47 pm

I'll state, just for the record, that personally I'd enjoy it far more if we used more of WoD than just Vampire.
It's almost always just Vampire, which is such a small part of it.
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Quin Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:05 pm

I'd like a forum rp thing going, but anything vampire related tends to scare me off.
Quin
Quin

Back to top Go down

Post by Feydor Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:12 pm

Feydor
Feydor

Character sheet
Name: Theodore
Title: Grand Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:30 pm

I'm open to the concept of there being more then one type of super natural allowed within the game, But with moderation. If we end up having all sorts popping out of the shadows, it could make the mysterious side to common place and inturn loose it.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Grufftoof Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:42 pm

I voted "yes". But think it should be the 3rd option really. As I don't know much about WoD or Vampire to be honest, just the bits I did RP ages ago.

But it is something that really does pique my interest.
Grufftoof
Grufftoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:53 pm

I believe there is an old attempt at this by the way, as I noticed there being a WoD group as well as a sub forum for that group (don't take my word for it though, might be something different, I don't really recall 100%). You can check it out here:

http://www.defiasrp.com/g88-wod
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:26 am

Saihna/Julia wrote:I believe there is an old attempt at this by the way, as I noticed there being a WoD group as well as a sub forum for that group (don't take my word for it though, might be something different, I don't really recall 100%). You can check it out here:

http://www.defiasrp.com/g88-wod

Indeed. It kinda fell flat on it's face as I had IRL commitment that didn't leave me much space to reply. I essentially didn't have a computer for a good two months, by the time I had returned. Interest had fallen. I however, Would love to see this reused. A perfect place.

A few plot ideas.

The unwanted guest
A new kindred/clan has appeared within the city, Be they powerful and renowned or recently turned and infamous they are causing trouble, a difference of opinions have resulted in the current clans and kindred within the city to either rally with the newcomer or stand against them. How will everyone be affected?

A just plague for the unjust
A sickness is spreading amongst kine at a worrying speed. Within nights the sickness has taken many victims and has rumored to even effect the undead. Is there a cure? Who's effected? How will it effect those around them? Was it natural? Or some sort of attack against all kindred?

A city once off-limits to all Kindred due to an extremely high Hunters presense has suddenly become viable for resideing in. It quickly becomes a hotspot for both Elders and neonates. But what drove the hunters away? Why did these kindred feel the need to leave there old domains? Will infighting be created due to landgrabbing? Why should the prince from the old city have domain here? Rebels? Loyalists?

Young bloods
Seven freshly turned mortals find themselves in a dark room, locked in like animals. Hunger mounting within each and everyone of them. What happened? Who are they? Who is holding them? Will the hunger ever stop?

Last edited by Emberstone on Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:28 am

You're very welcome to use it again! I was actually going to check whether or not it was to be used before. But now I think it will be, so I'll leave the forum alone ^^
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:29 am

I can't seem to find it? I mean, I can moderate it; From your link. But I can't actually -find- it? xD;
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:31 am

Check in the group forums - Event Blackboards. Should be in there =)
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:33 am

Emberstone wrote:[...]

The unwanted guest

[...]

[...]

These are my favorites. The latter one especially.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:48 am

I'm leaning more towards unwanted guest myself. But that could take a considerable amount of effort writeing Charecter histories and past relationships, which inturn could slow down the roleplay or result in alot of reading.. Which can be good, but somethings just dry my brain out.

The new home mentality would give alot of room for deveolping younger charecters and elder charecters along side each other, and rebellions would most likely ensue. But past relationships can be great, this plot could lack it.

Gotta find a balance!
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:03 am

Hate to double post, but.

Anyway I could possibly delete the threads on the area previously used for WoD roleplay. ..Alittle spring cleaning to open up alittle room for our new plot, profiles and posting thread.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next