Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Shadowy Ritual..

+9
Shadowpope
Lavian
Mandui
Melnerag
John Helsythe Amaltheria
Seranita
Jeanpierre
Zhakiri
Demurral
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A Shadowy Ritual.. Empty A Shadowy Ritual..

Post by Demurral Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:29 am

A Darkened room is filled with people of all walks of life, several Death Knights, Warlocks, Mages, and a few Priests. A Human Female stands in the centre of a glowing ritual rune drawn on the floor, surrounded by the others, who are all casting different spells into a vial of blood in her hands. First go the Death Knigts, either using ghouls or Unholy Magic into the vial, swiftly followed by the Warlocks Curses, Demons and Fire Magic, Ice and Arcane spells from the Mages, and both Divine and Shadow magic from the priests. When all are done, they leave, while the woman stays behind, still chanting, and pours more of her blood into the vial. The same ritual is continued the next day, and the next, until it finishes on the third night. It has been completed...

--- OOC ---
Ok, my Blood Mage/Warlock is trying to create a phylactery, a vial of her blood that will hold her soul, so that after her body dies, her soul and essense can be transferred into a host body, and she requires one person per magical art to freely use their magical talents to do so!

Required (Note, these are only IC skills needed, it doesn't matter on your talent tree)
Death Knight skilled in Necromancy and Ghouls -- Filled
Death Knight skilled in Plagues and Unholy Magic

Warlock skilled in Fel Magic and Demonic Summoning
Warlock skilled in Fire Magic

Mage skilled in Arcane Magic
Mage skilled in Ice Magic

Priest skilled in Holy Magic
Priest skilled in Shadow Magic

All of these have to be willing to log on three times, hopefully in a row, and take part in this RP Event. Each person needs to use their magical powers to empower the Vial of Blood three times, over three days.

And a bit of Lore on Phylacteries in general.A Phylactery is a Vial of a Necromancers blood, designed to store their soul so that the necromancer can be transferred into a host body when their original body has long been destroyed, killed, or simply turned to ash. However, it is a path few dare to tread; just creating a phylactery will curse the body of its owner, causing their body to slowly rot and die.

The necromancer themselves cannot physically die while the Phylactery is intact- instead, they will exist purely in spirit, trapped inside the vial, until the magic guarding it is broken and the the vial destroyed, killing them completely, or until a Ritual has taken place, where a Host is forced to drink the entire contents of the vial, giving the necromancer a physical form once more. However, only one Phylactery can be made, and it must be kept both in a safe and secure area, but also where the loyal minions and servants of the Necromancer can obtain it to complete Ritual to give their leader a physical form once more.

The Necromancer, once inside the vial, after their body is destroyed, is able to perceive their the Vials surroundings, but is unable to do anything but sense until someone touches the vial, allowing the Necromancer to commune with them, and try to convince them to drink the vial.
Demurral
Demurral

Character sheet
Name: Greyclaw
Title: Witch of the Wilds

Back to top Go down

A Shadowy Ritual.. Empty Re: A Shadowy Ritual..

Post by Zhakiri Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:55 am

Orthur, my own Fel, Blood and Shadow Magic (Ab)User, would be happy to aid a fellow Blood practitioner.

For a price.

Unfortunately, I'm unable to play WoW til the 14th of Feb, and even then it may be later or earlier, due to what I can only describe as a power failure within my Laptop somewhere...Hell do I know! But it's in repair till then. Should you still be needing someone, then by all means I'll aid then. Could be interesting RP.
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet
Name: Zhakiri
Title: Da Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:40 am

You need a holy priest to aid you with necromancy? Shocked
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:48 am

Not really necromancy...Is it?
But, I guess he just wants to empower it with a variety of magic.
A Holy Priest, with the mindset of a Scarlet (for example), could want to use the Light vindictively.
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet
Name: Zhakiri
Title: Da Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:31 am

who said the holy priest needed to do it willingly *do this or we murder your family, tell anyone I said that and we murder you and your family* sot o thing Razz

(and im glad im not a holy priest *wipes sweat off brow*)
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:34 am

Domovoi give me a poke about the mage part, either arcane or frost. You know where to find me. ^^
John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:44 am

I can help you with a clean death, Dom! *brings the warhammer down against Dom's face*
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Demurral Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:43 pm

alright, i'll be poking people all around about taking part, but the idea with the holy priest was to empower the vial with all the magic arts and schools we currently possess, though i could drop them all together. Might still be an idea...
Demurral
Demurral

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:52 pm

Well I think it's original to try it. I just think it might be hard to get one to cooperate ICly... Unless they have a twisted view on the Light.
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Demurral Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:43 pm

Indeed, someone above suggested the Scarlets, which area good example of a twisted, Holy using Priest... perhaps a member of the Crimson Flame might be used.
Demurral
Demurral

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:49 pm

Jeanpierre wrote:... Unless they have a twisted view on the Light.
And you really believe that's not easy to find? xD

Sounds like a nice concept. Good luck with it!
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:16 pm

To twist the view in the Light is to wallow in sin! Those who twist Light's eternal word crave to be purged in flames!---oh wait...
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:05 pm

Mandui wrote:And you really believe that's not easy to find? xD

Are you trying to imply this world isn't made of innocent white bunnies? This isn't Hello Kitty Island? Oh dear!
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:08 pm

Isabis has a different view when it comes to the light and such, if you bring your story right, you could convince her. Try to contact me ingame I'd say, and we'll bump into each other, unless you're looking for a player who'll just roll directly into the event.

Back to top Go down

Post by Demurral Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:40 pm

No, that'll be good. essentially, i'll be moving around Stormwind, listening in quietly for signs of .. less than perfect morals, and will then try to engage their services. Usually by offering help in return, or else empty promises of power, gold, the usual jazz.
Demurral
Demurral

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:46 pm

well if needed there is a young infuential paladin around that could easely be tricked into such a thing (holy pala of corse)
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Demurral Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:35 am

Ah, only reason I didn't pick a paladin is that they are often.. a lot harder to manage, and are harder to break from the Light.
Demurral
Demurral

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:51 am

Domovoi/Calen/Nayru wrote:Ah, only reason I didn't pick a paladin is that they are often.. a lot harder to manage, and are harder to break from the Light.

It takes but one glance upon the cathedral square to know that is not true. Rolling Eyes
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowpope Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:17 pm

Just to be a little bit of a lore-Nazi, both the Holy and Shadow magic of a priest are considered divine. Wink

This sounds like a unique plan you're trying to pull off, hope it all goes well!
Shadowpope
Shadowpope

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:35 pm

Eira "Snow" Vanimedle wrote:
Domovoi/Calen/Nayru wrote:Ah, only reason I didn't pick a paladin is that they are often.. a lot harder to manage, and are harder to break from the Light.

It takes but one glance upon the cathedral square to know that is not true. Rolling Eyes

I wouldn't say a priest following the holy/Light religion breaks easier than a paladin following the holy/Light religion. The priests, from what I read, in fact... seem to submit themselves far more to rituals to strengthen their faith or test their faith which increases their confidence in their faith and makes them even harder to persuade or sway from their own chosen religion.

But the concept "priest" isn't restricted to the Light. They are emissaries or symbols of faith among their people... if they're good then they can even be a source of inspiration to the people around them. As such the priest 'class' or image that is given to the class is less Light centric, or more moderate to accept the different paths a priest can take. By all means, they are religious fanatics from what I read Wink
The concept of a Paladin is far more Light centric as the very origin of the class (and style) lies with Light followers and, in my humble opinion, any alternative interpretation is just lore lubricant invented by Blizzard to make the class playable by Horde races.

EDIT: I don't mean to say a priest is a bad choice or so.. In fact, it would seem to me that a priest might be more tempted to partake in a ritual whereas the rituals of paladins usually involve an enemy skull and a big hammer.
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Demurral Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:16 am

A Poster has been pinned up on a wall inside the Slaughtered Lamb, protected with spells so that anyone with a kinder nature would see only a blank paper. Those with darker natures would see the full message.

Let all who have a large degree of ability in the practices of the darker Arts of Magic come to this Pub this coming Sunday at 20:00, to fulfil a role needed in a particular ritual. Details of this will only be given to those who are deemed able and capable enough to fulfil what is required.
Demurral
Demurral

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Whiston Farley Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:32 am

Shadowpope wrote:Just to be a little bit of a lore-Nazi, both the Holy and Shadow magic of a priest are considered divine. Wink

Same for Fire and Ice are still Arcane I think.
Whiston Farley
Whiston Farley

Character sheet
Name: Whiston Farley
Title: The Hound Master - Watcher of Sacred Ground

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariden Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:26 am

Domovoi/Calen/Nayru wrote:A Poster has been pinned up on a wall inside the Slaughtered Lamb, protected with spells so that anyone with a kinder nature would see only a blank paper. Those with darker natures would see the full message.

Hmm, I wonder if ariden would see the full note, yes he is loyal to the king and the light, but someone who is willing to cut down children to reach a perceved threat to the king would find it hard to be described as kind, guess it all depends on what mood you catch him in.
Ariden
Ariden

Character sheet
Name: Ariden Draksbane
Title: Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:52 pm

Domovoi/Calen/Nayru wrote:A Poster has been pinned up on a wall inside the Slaughtered Lamb, protected with spells so that anyone with a kinder nature would see only a blank paper. Those with darker natures would see the full message.

What the hell we need judges for! Call in the Chapter... They would be mighty pleased with such a paper.
"Can you read this for me Sir?"
"Oh yes. ehm.. Let all wh-"
*BANG*
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Ara Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:47 pm

Great idea my soul recently spent a week or so in an imp It's back in now.Still weakened atm but as soon as I'm back to full power I'm up for it.
Ara
Ara

Character sheet
Name: Ara
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next