Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pt.2 "A Dream in the shire"

Go down

Pt.2 "A Dream in the shire" Empty Pt.2 "A Dream in the shire"

Post by Rakshine/Vect Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:53 pm

"A Dream in the Shire"

The birds were flying in flocks, red breasted and black winged, I didn't know what they were called. I watched as the darkness started to fall over the forest, as a cloud crept in front of the sun, followed by a chilling breeze. That was enough to send me a couple of goosebumps to the back of my neck. Further in the distance, on the treetops I could see dark clouds gathering.

"There will be rain", I muttered.
Right now I wished the -Light- would save me from getting soaked, because the clouds were at least three to five hours away.Quickening my steps, hoping to find shelter or Goldshire before the coming rain.
Different thoughts ran around inside my mind: the Defias goons, me a Paladin, the dreams and a hope that the old Priest was wrong in the distance of the shire. Following the old road, sometimes kicking some dust up, dirtying my boots and pants, I noticed a small cabin to the right.
I would have gone to seek shelter there, but something caught my eyes... There were cats, tens of them, as well as this old lady, petting a orange cat. Don't get me wrong, I like cats, but that was too much, even for me.
Leaving the house well behind and walking for at least an hour I decided to have a short rest, to handle my hungry stomach. The bread, meat and apples sure did taste good. After catching my breath, digesting some food and even humming a random tune, that some people do when they are bored, i stood up. But something caught my attention.
It was a rustling in a bush. Expecting something bad, I was ready to run. Why? Because the only defense I had at that time was a couple of apple seeds. Lucky for me, it turned out to be a critter, a rabbit. Getting a small chuckle from that, I threw the seeds towards it, the rabbit still looking blankly towards me. I guess it was as much afraid of me as i was of it... at first.
Turning my back, I continued walking, but shortly after, I heard this horrible squeak. Quickly looking back at the place where the rabbit was at, I saw this gray wolf, gnawing at the corpse. I don't mind a hand to hand fight between Humans, but wild, savage beasts is a completely different matter.
I turned around and ran, hoping the wolf wouldn't notice me, as well as thinking one of those "This can't get any worse...". Lucky me, at that moment it started raining as well, like it wasn't bad enough. But my luck was about to change.
I saw multiple houselights trough the woods. When I got closer, a couple of guards, gray armor, blue stripes and a tabard with a lions head, stood on the both sides of the road. Even though tho heavy rain, soaking wet, I heard one of the guards speaking: "Welcome to Goldshire traveler, enjoy your stay" and he let out a quiet laughter. This place sounded nice, but the laughter got me slightly disturbed. Quickly glancing around, I noticed a sign on the one of the houses walls, It was shaped like one of those Ale mugs, overflowing with alcohol. Under the sign it read "Lions Pride Inn". That was my stop for the night.

I opened the tavern door, and the first thing I noticed was the stench of tobacco, alcohol and loud yells. Looking around the room I saw people drinking, fighting or just having a chat, the barmaid slapping some of the patrons with a broom for fondling her behind. I guess I know why the guard was laughing. This place had all kinds here, off duty guards, drooling maniacs, hooded rangers, thieves and assassins, heavily plated Warriors, some Warlocks with their Imps or succuby, and prostitutes, noticeable by their lack of clothing. But only two people caught my attention really, one, a pretty old looking guy, wearing a hat and some kind of a vest over his robe. the other one was a sturdy Warrior, great pauldrons, huge sword that could cut a person in half, full body armor, all red colored.
When the Warrior left the old man, I noticed his tabbard: A red burning icon, that looked like a rose on a white background, a Scarlet Crusader. Now, I remember what I've heard about them in the past, they kill everyone that ain't Human and wearing their colors. The main enemy of the Scourge and the Forsaken. Right now, I was thinking of leaving the Red Order alone. I payed for my room, leaving me only three copper left. Pushing through the drunken people and walking up the stairs I got to my room.
I don't even think it was worth the copper. Dirty bedsheets, who knows what has gone on in them, a hard bed that felt like sleeping on the floor and many roaches. Guess it was better than nothing, so I put my clothes next to the bed and climbed on the bed, removing the covers and throwing them to the corner.
I heard pounding on my door. It was one of the local prostitutes, offering her -services-. I kept quiet and she left. Finally, I hoped for a nice night of good sleep.
But when sleeping... My nightmares began...
Rakshine/Vect
Rakshine/Vect

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Pt.2 "A Dream in the shire" Empty Re: Pt.2 "A Dream in the shire"

Post by Rakshine/Vect Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:04 pm

NSFR Includes descriptions of gore.

When dreaming, I saw Andorhal, my family and friends. It seemed that my father worked as a tanner, not the best of jobs, but it got us fed.
My mother, always at my fathers side, supporting whatever he did, and a nine to twelve year old sister.
Images were flashing by, as I saw the younger me playing with her, helping her climb that tree behind our shop and chasing her in frustration for taking away my sandals or jacket.

It felt like we were a happy family, sure, a couple of fights now and then... but that was normal. What family doesn't have em?
I even saw myself chasing girls, my first kiss and the time my father punched me, when I accidentally almost burnt the shop down.
Because of that, my father set up a carriage, filled it with tanned leather and ordered me to go to Strahnbrad.

My mother gave me six days rations for the trip and a small sack of silver, to use on supplies when I got there. My sister gave me a small amulet she had made out of a piece of string, wood and rock.
Told me "If you want to remember home, just look at it and smile".

Now, I have been on this road before, and knew of the length and dangers: three days there if you are in a nice weather, bandits and wild animals.
I ordered the horse to start moving, as well as waving good-bye to my family. This time, it felt different, a bit sad even, didn't know why really.

I rode for a couple of days, eating and sleeping in the carriage. Remembering the horse drawing flies with it's smell, and that got on my nerves. So whenever I got the chance, I killed some of them, leaving a small trail of fly death behind me.

Second day passed.

Later in the evening, I heard a horse running behind me. I looked over the side and I saw a man speeding past me, he was wearing plain clothes, a sword and some kind of plated boots. I shrugged at myself, thinking it was nothing and continued the journey.
Reaching Strahnbrad by nightfall, I stopped in front of the Leather workers shop. The old man and his brother were a longtime family friends, but they sure were surprised to see me come in.

They started asking all these questions from me, like "Is it true that Andorhal has fallen? How many Undead were there", and other things like that.
They told me, that the man who rode past me was a soldier of Andorhal. He had dropped his heavy armor to get some speed on the horse.

I wanted to talk with the soldier as well, but the tanner told me that he died some two hours prior to my arrival, suffering from bite marks and sword wounds. They had burnt the body in fear he'd come back.

Those words got me even more worried as I raced out of the house, to the carriage. Getting the horse free of the carriage bindings, mounting up and heading back to my home in Andorhal, as fast as i could, hearing the tanner yelling and begging me not to go. But my mind was made up.

It took me at least a day of fast, nonstop riding to reach Andorhal,, i had lost the track of time.
When I got closer, a eery bloom lighted the night sky, filled with blood chilling screams of the townspeople. I saw Andorhal in flames.

My heart was racing as fast as the horses as I neared our house, it was located outside of the city, so it wasn't on fire. I dismounted and saw the steed collapsing from the pressure I had put on him. But I had more on my mind then.

As entered the house quietly, i couldn't see much because the candles were out, but I felt the floor being slippery, like it was just been washed with water and soap.

Hearing a thump upstairs, I approached the stairs, now hearing crunching sounds. I walked up, remembering in my dream that I trembled so much.

When I got through the doorway, the sight was something I hadn't seen before. By the Light, my fathers body was lieing in front of the the table, his torso cut open, half of his lower body missing, still clinging on a small axe,, probably dieing when trying to defend himself and who was with him.
Horror and tears already filling my eyes, I turned my head towards the crunching sound. The flames of Andorhal lighted this,,, this, thing.
It was gnawing and tearing at two bodies, one was wearing a dress my mother wore on rare occasions and the other had child hands. I couldn't believe it, tears now flowing freely down my face, dripping on the floor.

From the grief, I let out a small squeak, gasping for air, but that was enough to draw the attention of that thing.
Its face was half rotten and red from blood, as it dragged my sisters body in front of it and threw her against the wall, leaving a red stain.

We stared at each other for a good minute and I moved my foot backwards. That Undead started to charge at me.
I quickly moved out of the way running down, because of that, the Undead crashed in to a cupboard, breaking it.

Heading to the horse near the house I heard a loud scream coming from inside my house, it sounded like the cries of the many damned.
I took the horses reigns, but just then, that thing burst out of the window, jumping at the horse, taking the weakened animal down as it clawed and bit at his side. Death came to the horse slowly and painfully.

I started to run towards Strahnbrad, seeming to shake that Undead, hoping that it found a better meal in the steed.
So it did.

After that, time went by fast. I walked on roads unfamiliar to me.
Last thing I knew was the feeling when I passed out. Utter lonelynes, sorrow and grief.

As I hit the ground, I woke up in the Lion Prides bed, covered in cold sweat, trembling and shaking.
I looked at my hand trembling from left to right. Next thing that hit me was extreme anger. I wanted revenge and to put my family to rest.

The Crusade, that man, I needed to talk with him.

I hoped they could help me..
Rakshine/Vect
Rakshine/Vect

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down