Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pt.1 "Memories"

2 posters

Go down

Pt.1 "Memories" Empty Pt.1 "Memories"

Post by Rakshine/Vect Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:10 am

Disclaimer: These stories have been written more than two years ago. I was pretty new to the lore malarkey back then Very Happy

"Memories"

"I wish there was a easy and a short way to explain what and why i'm like this. Of course, my looks right now are just a small part of my life, i wasn't like this before neither. I didn't care about what I did, as long as i could get that silver or copper in my pocket. Things weren't as they are right now as well. A lot of Orders and petty Guilds have been disbanded. People live and die, just like those I once knew. Life goes on and changes, so, I will just start from the beginning, when I found myself in Northshire"

Early morning, around five or six bells, I woke up with a cold sweat, you could hear my heart beating against my chest. The Priest that was attending to my wounds said it was a nightmare.
But he seemed troubled.
"Who are you? If i may ask," the Priest said in a low tone.
"You were begging for your family. Tell me your name, maybe I can help, maybe i have heard of them"? He had one of those determined looks in his eyes, and I knew, if i did decline, he'd just ask again in a couple of minutes.
"Rakshine, my name is Rakshine Andore ", and i ran my hand over my face, wiping the sweat off, "...and my family...". An eery silence fell over me. I wanted to know, but couldn't remember. The Priest was waiting for a answer, you could see that.
"I don't know...", i answered, and at that moment, my face looked like it was slammed by a unstoppable force from a warriors mallet.
Even tho, what looked to be a amnesia, the tending Priest didn't seem worried.
"An old couple brought you here. They left you some clothing and small rations of food, in case you'd leave. As well, they mentioned something about your current condition, what was it... oh yes -It will be better in time-".
What's this i'm hearing? An old couple took me here? I really wanted to thank them, but I knew they were long gone, from the looks of the rationed cornbread - It already had molding on it. I pushed myself up and headed to the clothes.
The Abbey itself seemed old, spider webs here and there, dust mostly everywhere. When i started dressing myself, I just realized how ragged up they were : Patched up places on the pants, a nice hole in the right boot, showing my big toe covered in a sock and holes'n'tears on the shirts sleeves...
"I guess it's better than running around naked," I whispered to myself.
"If you wish, we can provide you with some rations and a couple of copper to get you going". It was a nice offer from the Priest and i nodded. "But for that. you must earn it. Come, eat your fill, then go see Milly near the Vineyard".
I guess i kinda saw that coming, nothing in this world is free, even if your a cripple or a guy who's lost half of his memories. Actually, i didn't mind it then. I ate some honey bread, a piece of sausage and a nice glass of cold milk. That was enough to get me full, but I still felt like i hadn't had a decent meal in days.
I thanked the Priest for the early breakfast, stood up from the table and started walking toward the exit. Just then, the Priest stopped me with his talking, but this time it sounded more important.
"The dreams seem to be the key to your memories. Try and understand them if you can, but don't forget, that your current life is more important than your past. Oh, and one more thing, Milly is to the right, outside of the Abbey". He bowed and left to a darkened hall.
I thought about his words and kind of knew what he wanted. "Best get this done then..." , I thought to myself as I left the Abbey. Even then, I felt voulnorable, alone and... as if been watched....
Rakshine/Vect
Rakshine/Vect

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Pt.1 "Memories" Empty Re: Pt.1 "Memories"

Post by Rakshine/Vect Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:53 am

When I stepped outside, a cool late summer breeze hit my face. Looking around, one could see caravans of different wares and even a couple of small food merchants. Other people were scurrying around, working or just relaxing from what it seemed. I noticed a man, with rather short black hair and a beard, trying out one of his magic tricks. His left hand began to glow, a few seconds later a slight spark and a explosion, like one of those small firecrackers kids play with. That didn't stop him from cursing a few words at the tiny scars. I got a smirk and quietly laughed at that misfortune. This abbey seemed like a sanctuary to people, and so I walked alongside the wall to where Milly was supposedly been working.

As i came along the corner, a strong stench filled my nostrils. It came from the stables, right to the abbeys side. The stench of horse dung and urine was overwhelming. To the distance, across a small river I saw a orchard of grapes, probably used to make wine. Peering around the stables, Milly was nowhere to be found. I looked at the orchard again, now noticing a woman with black hair and two men that had red masks on their faces. Those men were pushing her around, making her stand and doing it all over again. Of course, I couldn't let this continue, so i started running towards them.
When crossing the bridge, one of the men noticed me. He nudged the other one and nod. The one who noticed me left the woman be, but the other kept pushing her around. At that point one could feel my anger in my mind. I griped my right hand fist, arced it to my side. The masked man almost stopping near me, trying to land a punch first, but unlucky for him, my fist met his face first. Only thing that surprised me there was, that a couple of bright sparks flew from the hit.
The one that stayed with the woman was shocked to say the least. Unlucky one who got hit, was laying to my left, unconcious. I glared at the other one as he let go of the woman. He ran to his partner and started to drag him off, swearing that he'd be back and kill me for that. Letting that threat flow out of my mind, I ran to the woman.
"Are you alright, lets get you to the abbey", and i put my hand on her shoulder, trying to help her stand.
She was rather quick to answer, "No need, I'm alright. They come once a week to collect some money".
When she said that, the first thing to run across my mind was: "Great, did I just beat up a taxman"?
She got a light smile, seeing my face turn to void. "Don't worry about it Paladin. They are the local thugs of the Defias Brotherhood", she told me.
I smiled back at her, but at that instant, i got tons of questions bothering me as well. Defias Brotherhood? Wait, did she call me a Paladin?
"My name is Milly, I take care of the orchard here. You must be the new arrival, one of the Priests mentioned you. Rakshine was it?"
I nod. As I wanted to ask something, she started talking again, "About you helping around? You just did. If you can take this barrel of grapes with me to the abbey, it will be much appreciated".
At that moment I didn't mind at all. We picked up the barrel and got to the abbey. The Priest who was taking care of me back there, nodded at Milly. She went in. He looked at me, now, in the light you could notice he was rather old, seventies or eighties, gray beard and hair.
"We thank you for you help. It seems that our help is not needed anymore as well. Please, take this as our token of appreciation for helping out". He pointed at the satchel near the stairs.
I picked it up, looked inside and saw a bag of around thirty copper, some apples, a fist sized piece of meat and a hunk of bread.
"If you follow that road for a half a day, You'll come across a small place called Goldshire. If your lucky, you might find some jobs there". I nod once and shook the priests hand.
Setting the satchel on my belt, I began walking to road I was told to. In the distance behind me, I heard faint words: "Light bless your travels Paladin".
Again, Paladin. I know who they are, but i sure don't feel like one. Maybe that trick i pulled back there made them believe otherwise. Looking at the clouded sky, one could say it was noon already.
"Half a day eh?", with those last words I entered the forest and set out on my real journey. And by thinking like that, it felt like a damn fairytale with a happy ending.

End of Part 1.
Very Happy
Rakshine/Vect
Rakshine/Vect

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:47 am

I imagine this is old news to a lot of people, but I don't know anything at all about Rakshine, so it's interesting to me! And I enjoy seeing the ol' starting area written into a proper story, it's nice for the imagination. I'll be readin' as you post up more ^^
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet
Name: 'Lady' Vale
Title: courtesan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down