Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naj'wah: huntress of Shirvallah, A hunting tale

Go down

Naj'wah: huntress of Shirvallah, A hunting tale Empty Naj'wah: huntress of Shirvallah, A hunting tale

Post by Sharyssa/Adenah Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:43 pm

This is the first story I wrote for my Troll huntress, it's not long nor contains plot or anything alike. But it gets the essence of what she is about, as hunting is the biggest part of her life.
I hope it's somewhere near enjoyable Smile

--------------------------------------------------------------------

There was a gentle breeze and the young female troll was prowling in a bush. The sun was slolwy rising above the hills, but her concentration was upon the bear nearby the shore.
Next to Naj'wah, in a tensed crouch stood her tigress companion. No words are needed between the two hunters as they keep their eyes on the target in front of them, both ready for the kill. The troll huntress pulls back the string of her bow when suddenly a scent invades her nose, the wind had changed direction. Naj'wahs nostrils flare as she snaps her head to the side, her narrowed eyes focusing on the small figure in the distance. Baring her teeth she lets forth a low and vicious snarl.

The tigress knew now that the bear was no longer of importance when she herself spotted their new target. A puny male gnome was unaware that he had become their prey as he kept walking into the direction os Chillwind.

A loud and menacing growl started to built up in Naj'wahs chest as her catlike yellow eyes flare up with rage while watching the gnome. The rage, it started to burn in her veins, her heartbeat speeding up and the adrenaline spreading inside her. Everything following from here only took a few seconds as she quickly readjusts her stance, crouching forward for a clearer view while remaining hidden in the bush.

The arrow in her bow was already pointing fiercely into the gnomes direction. Moving silently, the young huntress keeps her trained gaze upon the sudden invader, the glow in them bright as they flash up with blind rage before pulling back the string of her bow once more.
With incredible speed the projectile launches forward, crossing the distance within a heartbeat before burrying itself into the gnomes chest.

Tija did not need a command and leaped forward at the exact moment that the arrow got fired, her paws leaving marks in the grass as she sprints towards the gnome. Only slightly slower then the arrow.

Naj'wah herself lured out of her crouch at the exact time that the arrow had pierced trough the gnomes chest, launching herself after Tija, arriving only a split second after the Tigress to find the gnome dead on the grass.
From his chest the arrow pointed upwards while Tija had her claws burried into his shoulders as her fangs where ripping the skin of his throat with a feral and victorious growl.

At the sight of the dead prey, the woman curls her lips into a menacing and savage grin, inhaling the strong scent of blood with a satisfied feeling now that the rage that had built up inside her seemed to subside ... untill the next hunt, lingering to fuel the womans strenght.

With a barely audible tone, Naj'wah kneels next to the corpse of the gnome and starts humming a soft prayer while removing the arrow with a swift pull.
"I praise you Shirvallah, take the blood of this lesser as prove of my gratitude that you have blessed me with your gifts. I feel honored to hunt in your name, the Loa of the Tiger, strongest of cats"

Tija moved to stand next tot he female, a low content purr emerging from the cats throat as she presses her bloodied nose against the huntress' hand, making Naj'wah chuckle and lift her hand to stroke the cat as she praises her dearest companion for a job well done.
With another wide grin the female troll inhaled deeply before leaning her head backward, screaming from the top of her lungs as a feral growl can be heard while she roars in victory

"BLOOD! FIRE! DEATH!"
Sharyssa/Adenah
Sharyssa/Adenah

Character sheet
Name: Skytalon/Duskeye
Title: Archer/Pyromancer

Back to top Go down