Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creating Banners - How to get a Transparent background?

5 posters

Go down

Creating Banners - How to get a Transparent background? Empty Creating Banners - How to get a Transparent background?

Post by Etular Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:18 pm

As some of you may or may not know, I've been planning for a while now to create my own personal website found here. If you go to the bottom of the page, to where it says "Choose a theme:" and click on "Test Theme", you'll see the background I plan to have. On the otherhand, what you'll also see is the default "Zetaboards" transparent-background logo - as every other logo i try to create fails to have a transparent background! Mad This is, ofcourse, where I rely on the help of our Technical Experts here on the forum - How would I be able to get an outstanding, Gold-coloured, Edwardian Script ITC fonted piece of text with a transparent background that reads "Etular's Website"? Neutral

Any help would be much appreciated.
Etular
Etular

Character sheet
Name: Etular Fizzlebomb
Title: Demonology Student of GAIRDAS

http://www.etular.tk/

Back to top Go down

Creating Banners - How to get a Transparent background? Empty Re: Creating Banners - How to get a Transparent background?

Post by Ondius Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:21 pm

Have you tried saving it as .png? that extension saves transparency

Ondius

Back to top Go down

Creating Banners - How to get a Transparent background? Empty Re: Creating Banners - How to get a Transparent background?

Post by Jeanpierre Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:03 pm

GIF or PNG are formats that allow transparency. PNG offers partial transparency but is slightly weaker in terms of compression and is less supported by old browsers.

Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Ondius Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:22 pm

true enough. when you prepare a template in photoshop, the sliced images will be .gif by default. Both work for what you want, so try it!

Ondius

Back to top Go down

Post by Kil'drakor Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:24 pm

Keep in mind you'll most likely get a less sharp image when you add a transparent layer in GIF. Smile

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:30 pm

The only bit of Knowledge I can offer you here is, If your working on the banners, and such in photoshop or a graphic program. make sure you erase the background, it can't be " white " that doesn't count. In photoshop you should see a dark and light gray checkboard type thing. 
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Etular Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:07 pm

I used Adobe Photoshop/Image Ready 2.0. Lucky me, being somewhat trained at how to use a never version at school, I got a half-decent image here.

I've updated the website and added it, too. The problem is, ofcourse, that it still has a white outline - but that could be easily ignored. If there's a way to remove it, I'm all ears. Razz
Etular
Etular

Character sheet
Name: Etular Fizzlebomb
Title: Demonology Student of GAIRDAS

http://www.etular.tk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:39 am

The white outline is a result of a faded edge. There are two solutions:
(1) make the edge -hard-. This may require you to change the style of the text to avoid a faded border. Keep in mind that if you save the image in a different scale than the original one, the rescaling might add a faded edge as result of the scaling.
(2) Use PNG which allows partial transparency.
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down