Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oh come on...

+23
Buntasi
Shandrea/Nar'Gaya
Torukan
Rasonal Dranger
Gesh
Dharum
Jakins
Saevir
Morgeth
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kozgugore Feraleye
Kil'drakor
Mandui
Lavian
Nayan
Gunnell
Halya
Nathiniós
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Koroko
(Goggy) - Exilius
Zhakiri
Elízabéth Moren
27 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Oh come on... - Page 4 Empty Re: Oh come on...

Post by Guest Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:38 pm

(Goggy) - Exilius wrote:Oh come on... - Page 4 Whyfel10

Its a Conspiracy! Shocked
Come back Feli, come back! D:

Back to top Go down

Post by Buntasi Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:33 am

right i might not really have a place in this discussion.. So Don't click the spoiler. If you think i should stay out of it.

But here is my opinion

Spoiler:

double spoiler more for mods/admins
Spoiler:

Buntasi

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://www.mad-jack.com/shadowstalkers

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimgi Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:27 pm

I don't claim I fully understand the reasons or backgrounds behind this strange unrest in some forum users, but I still felt the need to bring my two cents to this discussion.

First :

In my opinion this forum needs a very strict policy regarding posts that do not contribute to anything else than creating an ever increasing amount of thread derailing, and flaming.

(We're this one of my forums, I would create a "Trashcan" -thread where mods could move/split everything worth a warning, where posts are not counted and where the flamewars could be continued freely. "Trashcan" group access obviously granted by request to anyone interested in dumpster diving)

And my reasoning behind that is :

As far as I have understood, the whole reason for the existence of this forum is to try bring the WoW gamers on DB that are interested in roleplaying together, enable the current RP Community to grow and prosper and to offer a platform for the community to discuss events and issues related to RP in Defias Brotherhood.

I joined this forum initially to keep myself updated and maybe even contribute a bit to what happens on the RP side of DB server, and I was really pleasantly surprised to see there really is a living, breathing and active RP community that makes an effort to arrange memorable events.

However, after lurking the forums for a while, a big amount of the content on the forums seems to sadly revolve around non-RP related issues. I would not see that as a problem, as some of those threads have been amusing, except for the fact that flaming, derailing and amount of threads posted without any real content has started to slowly increase. I hope this development can be stopped.

Obviously in communities players come and go - and the size of the community grows and shrinks at times, so it's important (or is it ?) to get new players involved now and then to keep the RP community active. For introducing new players to the community a forum like this would be/is of course ideal.

However...

Constant flaming, thread derailing, threads filled with nothing else than pointless youtube videos and images, intra-community bickering and flamebaiting isn't really going to encourage new forum members to make the effort to be a part of the said community. It does not output a view of a community welcoming new members with open arms. It's good to keep in mind, that from a newcomers point of view this forum represents the RP Community on Defias Brotherhood, and it should be important to everyone on these forums to keep that image clean (and even more so to the moderators and administrators) by enforcing a fairly strict policy on how to behave in these forums.

I am NOT saying that people should not be able to show criticism towards the actions of other people, or have personal disputes. I am just suggesting it should be kept out of public, just for the sake that this forum can fulfill it's purpose of attracting new members to the community, and more importantly : Make the forum look appealing in a way that the new users feel encouraged to make posts on the forum and to contribute at least their own two cents.
Grimgi
Grimgi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:36 pm

That's why we have different forums here. IC, Events and LFRP are for RPing purposes, Game Related is for WoW, General is the dumpster. Now stop complaining, forums are fine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:48 pm

If that makes people feel better - I can go ahead and make a "Defias Brotherhood Spam Forum with no policies or boundries", which will act as a general chat but be one click away.

Oh wait, general chat IS one click away! Either way I still can make it ^^

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimgi Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:01 pm

Archal/Hazrah/Vaneyk wrote:That's why we have different forums here. IC, Events and LFRP are for RPing purposes, Game Related is for WoW, General is the dumpster. Now stop complaining, forums are fine.

Point taken.
Grimgi
Grimgi

Back to top Go down

Post by Quin Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:12 pm

Halya wrote:This is shameful.

Besides that I also dont get it. I've posted some horrible things and never got a warning ontop of that I've never seen big hassle when forums had a lack of moderators its always when there's too many.

Also I dont understand what needs to be moderated here, we're all faggot rpers with vaginas not ebaum forum fanatics
Quin
Quin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arinith Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:21 pm

*facedesk*

Stop making these threads about how the mods are evil. If you don't like it, go away. Personally, I'm very happy about the way these forums are moderated. And yes, sometimes people have to be strict. This place has grown out to be huge, so to make sure no one gets seriously hurt the mods need good and proper rules to keep things in check.

It is their decision. This is not a democracy.
Arinith
Arinith

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:04 pm

The flame war & this thread's original purpose ended on 08.06.2010, everything has been settled... more or less.

Lock would be pro.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:11 pm

Locking this then as it's solved and settled.
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Name: Cathee Piner
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum