Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] The Blackguard - [Crime, Diplomacy, Hired Blades] [Now featuring: Inactivity!]

4 posters

Go down

[A] The Blackguard - [Crime, Diplomacy, Hired Blades] [Now featuring: Inactivity!] Empty [A] The Blackguard - [Crime, Diplomacy, Hired Blades] [Now featuring: Inactivity!]

Post by Isadore Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:53 pm

The Blackguard

Something is stirring in the Dwarven district.
Behind the Shady Lady, street urchins are fed in exchange for information
and rumour has it, there's a fence for 'hot' wares available.
Furthermore men in black tabards have begun frequenting the tavern.
The Barkeep flashes a grin and tells you they're recruiting.. But what for?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Short Description:

Why is it 'the Blackguard'?:

Purpose and agenda:

Ranks and Responsibilities:

Warnings and sidenotes:

Thanks for presumably reading it all. Let me know what you think or whether you're interested!

Last edited by Llewyn on Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:44 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : More information, alterations and graphics.)
Isadore
Isadore

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

[A] The Blackguard - [Crime, Diplomacy, Hired Blades] [Now featuring: Inactivity!] Empty Re: [A] The Blackguard - [Crime, Diplomacy, Hired Blades] [Now featuring: Inactivity!]

Post by Azapha Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:51 pm

Few things in learned over the years worth considering how you plan to tackle

First off, the shady lady, is this HQ? Because every dark or sinister guild that has used one location for all there shady RP tends to become the hot spot to the point you have hard time building RP up without it being snuffed out way to early.

This depends on how you use shady lady though, if it's your fence/face to sell your earnings and it's not where your plans are spoke about then great.

just think every guild that used slaughtered lamb got bombarded out by guards /"hero's" who just learned all the criminal RP was in one place. Picking a number of locations both in out of city IMHO and not being rooted to one spot is better, what criminal master mine dos not have lots of resources and contacts right Razz

Second, just my 10 cent but maybe the "legal /face" cell of organization's members should have titles that sound legit? I mean you can't really call your self a deceiver as a job title to non guildys
Azapha
Azapha

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

[A] The Blackguard - [Crime, Diplomacy, Hired Blades] [Now featuring: Inactivity!] Empty Re: [A] The Blackguard - [Crime, Diplomacy, Hired Blades] [Now featuring: Inactivity!]

Post by Webbles Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:46 pm

Does the organisation have any specific themes or goals? So far it sounds rather cookie-cutter. Though perhaps your point was to let it start that way and let it evolve into something more specific.

And what sort of diplomacy are you talking about?
Webbles
Webbles

Character sheet
Name: Webbles Boozeboat
Title: Her Majesty

http://thescarlet.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Isadore Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:40 pm

I get your point, Azapha. I'll try to conduct the organisations meeting and events at various locations as to keep them off our actual premises, though I'm a bit reluctant about giving up the location. It's the only tavern within the dwarven district, which seems like a premier district for crime. It contains both the atmosphere and the features fitting for a band of criminals. It might snuff out some potential crimes, but that's part of roleplaying the opposition. Every plan shouldn't succeed.

Webbles wrote:Does the organisation have any specific themes or goals? So far it sounds rather cookie-cutter. Though perhaps your point was to let it start that way and let it evolve into something more specific.

And what sort of diplomacy are you talking about?

I realise the current formula is rather bland. The intention was to let the players shape the organisation, once there was enough people with ideas for the future. I fear the attempt to attract a more diverse crowd left this group lacking a theme or identity. I shouldn't try to excuse my lack of originalty, but I was hoping the organisation would evolve into its role as it gained members and reputation. After all, it'll be more to fun to have your character listen to his colleagues needs than dictate some intangible five-year-plan.

Slight rant aside, my imagined goal was to have a group of lower class criminals encourage other desperate city-dwellers to not turn upon eachother and instead pursue bigger targets in unison.
I pondered the theme of just being a band of travelling Highwaymen, but would rather let people join up and decide for themselves. If there is solely the wish for thievery, then we won't pursue anything but that.

The diplomacy would be mostly centered around sustaining a legitimate business front and offering the guilds clandestine services to the right people. Should we succeed in keeping our operations somewhat believable, there should be oppurtunity for members to pursue any public positions.

I realise now I still got some writing to do on this.. But the comments are appreciated so far!
Isadore
Isadore

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Webbles Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:12 pm

I do get where you're coming from, and it's not a bad idea, but it could use a little more information.

For example, what's the story behind the name?
Webbles
Webbles

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Isadore Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:59 pm

Webbles wrote:For example, what's the story behind the name?

Valid point. Will be adding some information on that.
Isadore
Isadore

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Webbles Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:02 pm

Oh, you've sneakily updated it already. Definitely looks more interesting now, whilst still pretty vague!
Webbles
Webbles

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:08 pm

This does indeed sound like a good concept to weave into RP. Looking forward to meeting you ingame.
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Azapha Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:58 pm

very nice , liked the little backstory to the name Smile (actually gave me a feel of the black company setting books with that very gritty dark kind of fantasy, look forward to seeing it)
Azapha
Azapha

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down