Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Diplomacy/mission market

+2
Skarain
Calisar
6 posters

Go down

Diplomacy/mission market Empty Diplomacy/mission market

Post by Calisar Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:19 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Diplomacy/mission market Friday 17th Oct approx 9pm onwards

From the World's end tavern in Shattrath there will soon be an open house invitation going out.

Do you have a mission abroad? Do you require some foreign help? Do you have a job that you cannot handle alone. Maybe if you can find us... you can hire.. a new team!

This is a little joint venture between the Stormwind Minister of Foreign Affairs and the Kaldorei Ambassador to encourage the growth of new ties amongst the Alliance. Starting small, if there is interest then we might shift the location around each time perhaps.

Maelmoor Lightbringer will be hosting a backroom debate on diplomacy. A little bit of plotting and discussion on ways to improve things. IC Leaders and officers will be welcome to pull up a chair, join in and IC mingle. (Over there sir... behind the curtain at the back of the tavern, amongst the cigar smoke and brandy and the occasional dancing girl)

Calisar Ravencrest will meanwhile be hosting a free bar at the front of the tavern for those seeking or offering more simple missions. Prop up the bar and state what you need, maybe she can hook you up with a willing party to help you out.

There is only one rule.. If you attend, you -have- to bring with you a service to offer or a job for which you are recruiting. Don't come empty handed, be ready to offer some hook that other players can use to get involved with you. It can something small and simple ("hey I need this book translated, any Druids here?") to something much bigger ("we're going to need some help destroying this horde encampment, looking for mercenaries and willing parties to help us").

Whether you represent a guild or are unaffiliated, the invite is open to you for this random evening. You might find a new IC connection offering just what you need... Then again you might not.

Ps... No bar fights or Cal will MC you into thinking you are a dancing girl for the night... You have been warned Wink
Calisar
Calisar

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Diplomacy/mission market Empty Re: Diplomacy/mission market

Post by Skarain Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:48 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], which would overlaps with this event has been cancelled for the week to allow a larger turnout for this event. Good luck out there. I will see how to divide my time and what character to use to make an appearance.

Maybe Blue can come help? She could be one of those dancing girls Smile
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Maelmoor Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:07 am

Can warmly recommend this for everyone who is interesting in diplomatic RP or just "working across the borders"!
Maelmoor
Maelmoor

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:29 pm

What about the Horde? I'll prod [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] about the event if Goblins are welcome (in case they've not already noticed this).
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Maelmoor Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:01 pm

Skarain wrote:What about the Horde? I'll prod [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] about the event if Goblins are welcome (in case they've not already noticed this).

This one is intended for the Alliance, we will see going forward!
Maelmoor
Maelmoor

Back to top Go down

Post by Maelmoor Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:48 am

Please notice that this is tomorrow (Friday 17th), starting around 21:00 server time Smile
Maelmoor
Maelmoor

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:25 am

Inran will be there.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmut Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:50 pm

Helmut will be there. He is expecting drinks and food!
Helmut
Helmut

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin Drake Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:42 pm

Like this! I should be coming along hopefully Very Happy
Robin Drake
Robin Drake

Character sheet
Name: Robin Drake
Title: Wolf of Shady Lady Street

Back to top Go down

Post by Calisar Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:42 am

Bump for tonight and the opportunity to show off your shiny new toons in casual RP Wink

Have been trying to get my head around the alternative timeline/timey-wimey business of the current patch.

As far as I can figure it, the Shattrath we can portal to in game is still 'our' Shattrath. So the event being held there still should work.
Calisar
Calisar

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:58 am

Calisar wrote:As far as I can figure it, the Shattrath we can portal to in game is still 'our' Shattrath. So the event being held there still should work.

Yup. Outland exist in our timeline as a floating rock in the Nether. Despite the fact that The Dark Portal, the great gateway between the worlds have an altered end-destination now, we remain aware of the dimensional coordinates of Outland and are able to travel through Portals there. Seeing that the quests hint that you are able to travel between Draenor and Azeroth through Portals (abit incredibly straining to conjure), despite The Dark Portal being destroyed, there is no reason why you could not do the same between Azeroth and Outland.

Also the reinforcement portals between Stormwind/Orgrimmar <--> The Stairs of Destiny(The Dark Portal, Outland) remain active. That is how we travel "normally" to Outland and Back, if a Mage to open a Portal straight to Shattrath is not available.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Maelmoor Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:24 pm

Thanks to everyone who turned up! Was some great fun Smile
Maelmoor
Maelmoor

Back to top Go down

Post by Calisar Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:45 pm

Thanks to all who came along, many more than I expected and I hope you found some new RP out of it Wink
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

A snippet after the last guests left:
The hour was late and the band were slowly packing away, the staff drifted from table to table at the World's End tavern clearing the debris as they went.

Two figures remained seated, dregs of a bottle of brandy between them. Cal rested her feet on the table amongst the empty glasses squinting at the bar bill whilst Mael rocked his chair back on two legs, poring over a map of the Blasted Lands.

"Ugh I smell like a dwarven brewery" she sniffed a damp sleeve, wrinkling her nose. "Next time.. I'm going to pay someone else to tend the bar"

He smirked rolling the map away with a shake of the head "So.. what was the damage in the end?"

"Well.. no broken furniture for a start" Cal muttered arching a brow "which is an enexpected bonus"

She spread the bar bill out between them on the rough table, dragging her finger down the long list.

"Two large barrels, one of mead.. one of dark ale for the dwarves. Good of them to come, and in such numbers too hm? One and a half bottles of good whiskey... all poured into that one human. A miracle he could stand at the end!"

The list continued down as Cal murmured in wonder "Aariam took on that bottle of Felweed Absinthe all by herself" Cal winced, thinking of the cost, and the hangover Aari would have the next morning. No wonder she didn't take much persuasion to dance on the stage...

"Four bottles of that half decent Dalaran red and one of Feralas white, Eleven bottles of Stranglethorn gold label brandy and a few platters of cooked meat and bread and.. a few bottles of water for the Draenei"

"Every race had some representation.. that is something to build on hm?" Mael nodded to her before knocking back his glass with a trace of a scowl "even the gnomes" They both rolled their eyes, recalling Spoon's spectacular opening gambit in the diplomatic talks.

Cal had tended bar, far from the debates, but gossip had filtered through to her that Spymaster Spoon's opening salvo had been something along the lines of: "Hey you elves, time to get your heads out your asses and help the Alliance out..."

Thank Elune for Kathene's sense to draw that gnome to one side and contain the damage.

She gestured to the bill idly "I've got this one" holding up a hand firmly to stall his protests before they even started. She flashed him a look, no argument to be heeded.

"I hear, there's a rather atrocious den in Dalaran, quite neutral... under the city somewhere" she shrugged counting out her coins for the innkeeper "if this business to the South settles, perhaps next time we could try there? I promise, you can pay for that one"

Emptying the last of the brandy into their glasses he sighed, nodding eventually "alright, to the Alliance then?"

The glasses chimed together "Tssk" she smirked "to -our- alliance."
Calisar
Calisar

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:30 am

Me an' tha lads be looking forward to the next one! It was a fantastic evening to catch up, have a chat and drink all you can! Next time I'll be sure to bring more belly's for you all to pour your gold into!
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet
Name: Littlepip
Title: Runemage

http://the-adventures-of-roleplay.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down