Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[H] The Great Horde Hunt [World RP-PvP]

+4
Reyxor/Dlaqev/Lucag
siegmund
Zackarn Yorelas
Cado
8 posters

Go down

[H] The Great Horde Hunt [World RP-PvP] Empty [H] The Great Horde Hunt [World RP-PvP]

Post by Cado Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:58 am

Lok'tar Ogar

You have been invited to participate in the the Great Horde Hunt. Since the Gathering I have feared there is no true patriotism in many of you. Prove me wrong brothers and sisters of the Horde. For you will get the chance to prove your allegiance with the Horde and the might of you and whom you represent.

On the 24th we will gather and start in Stormheim, the Broken Shores. These corrupted lands are full of demons, but they are not our prey. It is the Alliance dogs that are fighting these demons. You will be put in a hunting party and you will compete against the other hunting parties. Track and kill Alliance filth that are roaming on the Isles. To prove your kills you must take the ears of your victim. You are to be back within one hour. The party with the most ears wins a mighty great prize.

Bring your best weapons and equipment. I expect the mightiest of organisations and warriors to be participating in the hunt.

May your blades never dull,

Kroggar Tuskraider

OOC:

Hey there!

I thought it was finally time for the Marauders to have a community event. With the release of Legion and world quests, Azeroth is full with players roaming the lands. Which opens a lot of opportunities for World PvP. And World PvP can be even more fun when done so IC'ly. So on the 24th the goal is to gank Alliance players in individual groups. The group forming is all very dependent on who and how many people will show up. Most definitely the group forming will be guild based.

So the objective is to kill as many Alliance players as possible with your group within an hour. The group needs to make sure to count the kills. Every Alliance kill counts as two ears, as every Alliance race has two ears (wich is the trophy you will have to prove your kills with). We start in Forsaken Foothold, Stormheim. The hunting grounds are the entirety of the Broken Isles. You may cross every border as long as you are back in Forsaken Foothold within an hour.

The start of the event will be 9PM, the actual Horde hunt 9:30. So you and your group must make sure to be back at the starting location at 10:30. Every minute you are later you lose ten ears. Then a prize will be given to the group that won, ending with a feast for the people that are still looking for some after RP.

Ganking is always fun for the gankers, but never for the ganked. So to not ruin the experience of the victim too much we do have a few rules. As I am only in one hunting group I would like the groupleaders to keep their groupmembers from breaking these.

RULES:
No spawnkilling. When you have killed a certain player you move on. However if you come across this player again at a different location you may kill him and count him as a kill.
No disrespectful global emotes towards your killed victims. If you are to be disrespectful use /e.
Remain IC throughout the hunt. It is an RP-PvP event after all Very Happy

If there are any questions or suggestions please leave them here or whisper me (Kroggar-defiasbrotherhood).

(PS If there are any Alliance RP-PvP guilds that might have caught an eye on this topic and are interested to counter the hunt, please add me on btag Chocomeli#2314. Certainly would make the event more interesting Very Happy)
Cado
Cado

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

[H] The Great Horde Hunt [World RP-PvP] Empty Re: [H] The Great Horde Hunt [World RP-PvP]

Post by Zackarn Yorelas Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:17 am

Greetings, Kroggar Tuskraider

Though our initial estimate had strongly suggested that Alliance forces would be too occupied to consider pursuing hostilities they have repeatedly shown through boundless stupidity that the mutual threat bares no importance when weighed against their personal vendetta regarding the alleged treachery of the Horde upon the Broken Shore.

Though Dalaran remains a sanctuary beyond the city the war rages on in small roaming death squads intent on disruption and harm to the Horde war effort against the Legion...

It is time to remind the Alliance Dogs what happens when they trespass where the Wolves roam.

You shall have the support of House Yore.

~The Patriarch
Zackarn Yorelas
Zackarn Yorelas

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

[H] The Great Horde Hunt [World RP-PvP] Empty Re: [H] The Great Horde Hunt [World RP-PvP]

Post by Skarain Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:06 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

On the behalf of Red Reach Raiders, my thanks (and screenshots) for the event.

Unfortunately due to the world being Sharded, some planned encounters with Alliance RPers were unsuccessful. Around 271 Alliance players lost their lives during the one-hour long hunt of roughly 25 Horded, divided into 5 groups.

Due to the Sharding technology, organizing RP-PvP fights with other faction will be hard on The Broken Isles. To toss around ideas for RP-PvP however, we can make use of the Black Rook Hold Arena sometime and hold faction-specific Tournaments over there.

Another plan would be a RP Campaign, or event, in where we "set base" on one of the Warden Towers, always leaving some people defending while the rest go about doing either RP-WPvP, casual RP or DM events.

My few cents to promote more RP-PvP!
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:40 am

Ah darn, forgot this was going to happen. Shame about the sharding but those are some good ideas there, hopefully next time I can remember when something starts.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:32 am

I feel like I should know what 'sharding' is, but I've literally never heard the term before this thread. Is it some kind of phasing?

As for potential Warden tower RP-PvP, discussed that as late as the other night with the guildies that they'd make excellent spots for such. I certainly hope the dwarves can get some action (especially since we're getting better activity now as well).
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Reyxor/Dlaqev/Lucag Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:19 pm

Was going to participate as a part of the counter force, but the issue proved to be with the game mechanic of phasing, which didn't give a chance for being on the same phase with the Horde at all. So ended up empty handed, except now it's known for me that Broken Isles leave very little room for rp-pvp.

After learned this ooc I think the Ninth Company should concentrate on the Forsaken in Lordaeron to avenge the Dark Lady Sylvanas' treacheries towards Alliance. Just an idea for now, what this will turn out to be is in the hands of the Ninth Company to decide from their part. Partly also to help the gilneans, who might have similar thoughts currently.
Reyxor/Dlaqev/Lucag
Reyxor/Dlaqev/Lucag

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:07 am

Sharing is a form of unpredictable phasing. Whenever an area of the game gets to crowded, the game automatically creates a new instance, a new 'layer' of the zone and lobs a proportion of the people in there.

This results that no area will be extraordinary crowded, the mobs are not heavily contested and players with worse computers do not suffer as much lag. This tech also was reason why the launch went so smooth.

The system tries to prioritise that your friends and guild members are in the same 'shard/phase' of the world. You can also Group Invite someone, which will get you on the same phase as they do.

There is however no way to control the way this sharding works cross-faction. You have no means to ensure that you and your faction-counterpart raid will be in the same instance of the world, effectively rendering RP-PvP creation extremely tricky, as you may be standing in the exactly same location yet unable to see each other.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Blazesong Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:14 am

I think one solution might be we have people show up on the same spot ungrouped from both factions, whoever is in the same phase with an alliance/horde member invites the rest of their faction. That should work in technicality, no?
Charlie Blazesong
Charlie Blazesong

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynard Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:49 pm

Charlie Blazesong wrote:I think one solution might be we have people show up on the same spot ungrouped from both factions, whoever is in the same phase with an alliance/horde member invites the rest of their faction. That should work in technicality, no?

Clever - and like all the best ideas, simple too.

The only issue would be if the server saw a big pile of horde grouped up and another one of alliance, all in the same place and figured that was too many and so phased one raid group out to a new shard. But if they have this logic in place then they actually have logic which is going to make WPvP on any big scale impossible to effect. So I'm guessing they're not that daft...
Reynard
Reynard

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:48 am

Never underestimate the daft side of the force. I guess we just have to try out Charlie's idea regarding invites and see if that works.
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down