Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WPvP - IC or OOC?

+2
Naroma
Reynard
6 posters

Go down

WPvP - IC or OOC? Empty WPvP - IC or OOC?

Post by Reynard Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:50 am

Gotta love acronyms!  Smile

So, I was in IF the other day, RPing out some smithing at the Great Forge when a horde of Horde rushed in and killed me and all the smith NPCs there - yes I was PvP flagged which I generally try to always be.  One of the guys I was RPing with whispered me and said (paraphrased), "Don't worry - they could never get here IC, so we can ignore that", after they had slaughtered me and those around me.   At the time I just /shrugged and carried on, literally ignoring the 'event'.  But after a while I got to thinking about it some more.

We are on an RP-PvP server.  So WPvP is accepted and encouraged, right?   Therefore isn't ALL WPvP effectively IC?  If the Horde players have raided IF and got into the middle and started killing folk and NPCs - why should we just blank it and ignore it?   We chose to be on a RPPvP server so surely we should therefore respect and react to PvP events as if they were all IC, shouldn't we? Otherwise shouldn't we switch to a purely RP realm like AD?

Is there any accepted wisdom on this?

Just curious...  Smile
Reynard
Reynard

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

WPvP - IC or OOC? Empty Re: WPvP - IC or OOC?

Post by Naroma Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:56 am

Generally most people treat all PvP as IC. Though as with all things to do with RP, it is up to the individual player and it ends with that really. Some may choose to react to it every time, others may not, as long as people respect others choices then it shouldn't really make a difference.

I'm sure some others will have some more detailed input than myself, but I've always seen any RP choice regarding reactions is always down to each individual.
Naroma
Naroma

Character sheet
Name: Naroma Herandir
Title: Master Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Azapha Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:01 am

I agree with naroma on this one, personal choice I don't count the random 40 man gank raids to trade District as IC,  there not IC there here to gank and will respawn /use game mechanics like jumping betrween the SW front gate entrance to "phase" out of combat and all sorts that I can't take ICly

But I often take a lot of PVP as IC otherwise
Azapha
Azapha

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:16 am

If I am on my military characters and a Horderaid comes, I treat it in an IC manner and defend the city. That is only natural to do. I mean, they can be escaped prisoners from the dungeons, they could be random criminals from the Underforge, or an actual Horde raid that tries to steal resources from the dwarves. After all, Ironforge was close to fall during the Second War to the orcish Horde. Stormwind DID fall during the same war, so technically it isn't impossible for them to get there IC'ly.

What I'm trying to say is: Do what is natural for your character. Call for guards, arm yourself and fight back, whatever. Either they come IC'ly or not to raid a city, matters not. You make them into your roleplay either way and can act around it.
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Maelmoor Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:09 pm

Depends on the situation.

If some oocers flies into the Stormwind Keep on dragons and what not shouting ooc things then there is no chance I take it ICly, as it's totally unrealistic. If a group attacks a smaller settlement or somewhere where there is conflict I can consider it an IC attack thoughl
Maelmoor
Maelmoor

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Blazesong Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:29 pm

Nowdays I tend to go with the flow, so long it doesn't seem intrusive and it sort of fits in with the plot I tend to leave the Horde coming in to do whatever there IC, wether I fail in defending myself or not depends on if I win or lose the fight. I tend to take a wound if I die in game while rping etc.
Charlie Blazesong
Charlie Blazesong

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down