Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Regarding WPvP...

+3
Muzjhath
Mervyn
Demurral
7 posters

Go down

Regarding WPvP... Empty Regarding WPvP...

Post by Demurral Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:46 pm

heya, just a quick thing regarding World PvP (ICly).
Mainly, how is it often done? Do all the particpants stay in their RP clothes to fight / run away as required, or do all that can switch to full PVP gear?

Is it tactical (more so than BG's) ie, guys with bigger and badder armour are more likely to be targetted first than the little guys in plains clothes cowering in a corner? (this assumes you stay IC and don't go full zerg fest).

Are abilities and spells cast much like you would against gankers and BG/arena opponents, spamming your rotations as fast as possible, or is it done usually with auto attacks, with occasional Mind Controls by priests etc to make it more involving?

Main reason im interested is that i've never actually seen it done, and the only basis i have for comparision is just the ganking you get while leveling or from Good Squad randomly.
personally, i hope for the more casual, laid back auto attack etc approach, makes it more sportsmanly and at least allows us to stay IC and not just die repeatedly.
Demurral
Demurral

Character sheet
Name: Greyclaw
Title: Witch of the Wilds

Back to top Go down

Regarding WPvP... Empty Re: Regarding WPvP...

Post by Guest Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:50 pm

I think the guys who is arranging the WPVP decides if to have PVP gear on or keep the RP gear, mate!
I have no clue! That is what I'm guessing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:54 pm

Speed read this but eh, this is what I do.

Pert has his light chainmail gear, which he would wear normally.

He has his "proper armor"(vicious glad) for when he'd expect combat with the horde, big battles etc.

And yes, I'll use all my abilities, to not do so would be silly/boring/complicated/unenjoyable.

Back to top Go down

Post by Demurral Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:57 pm

See ,thats what i expect, but for example, when the Ravenholdt were helping the Forsaken in Gilneas, I mainly saw them using autoattacks, and the players themselves moving backwards as they were slowly overpowered / forced back, and moving forwards a few steps as needed. It allowed for alot more fun for both sides, as well as allow us to stay IC and not have the deaths as "ooc", which clearly defeats the purpose of trying to dominate an area.
Demurral
Demurral

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mervyn Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:15 pm

Honestly i like a mix, at times, such as in Gilneas, i find auto-attacks appropriate, but sometimes i enjoy much bigger PvP gear brawls in the nice open air! Smile

Mervyn

Character sheet
Name: Mervyn
Title: Deathbringer

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:47 pm

When I pvp. I want PvP. Not some "*let's stand and out attack for ten minutes, moving a bit, and emoting that the other side can't read*".
For gear, I prefeer when we get told "use your best gear, maybe take away a trinket or cloak for some slight ballance" since it's just by far more fair than "go RP gear" since TTH have a lot of people in the Mounteneer gear which is what, level 25 ish? While many orcs roleplay in level 60-80 gear.

In RP PvP I want as fair as battle as is possible where everyone does everything they can to win! Without whining. Since as long as both sides try their best it's darn fun, win or lose.

As for the "death" I have only one time died in a wpvp battle and considered it a death and not a "I fainted/fell and crawled away, tactical retried". And that time the character in question did really die.

(As for staying IC in battle, I've got some /y macros!)
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:49 pm

Calen/Flint[Domovoi] wrote:See ,thats what i expect, but for example, when the Ravenholdt were helping the Forsaken in Gilneas, I mainly saw them using autoattacks, and the players themselves moving backwards as they were slowly overpowered / forced back, and moving forwards a few steps as needed. It allowed for alot more fun for both sides, as well as allow us to stay IC and not have the deaths as "ooc", which clearly defeats the purpose of trying to dominate an area.

Sounds like a dance more then a fight though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:57 pm

I don't see why you shouldn't use both, one battle in your rp gear and one in your pvp gear. To say that you can't use specific abilities is something that could (and most likely will lead into) "Yeah, i used that, but xxx started first". That tendency to become incredibly offended and not be the bigger man/woman/thing, that I see as the core of all drama. What I myself don't do, is tunnelvision that one guy. I'll attack someone for some time, then switch, if they run, I run after. If someone tries to catch me while i'm running after someone, I might turn around, I might not, who knows.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:58 pm

Calen/Flint[Domovoi] wrote:See ,thats what i expect, but for example, when the Ravenholdt were helping the Forsaken in Gilneas, I mainly saw them using autoattacks, and the players themselves moving backwards as they were slowly overpowered / forced back, and moving forwards a few steps as needed. It allowed for alot more fun for both sides, as well as allow us to stay IC and not have the deaths as "ooc", which clearly defeats the purpose of trying to dominate an area.
Nice said!

Back to top Go down

Post by Meralynn / Ashla Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:45 pm

I agree with the OP here. If I want to RP a battle I would like it to be as realistic as possible and not necessarily about pvp abilities.

Though I am more negative than most to game mechanics over all so you should maybe not listen to me. ^^
Meralynn / Ashla
Meralynn / Ashla

Character sheet
Name: Meralynn
Title: Sergeant, Blazing Shields

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:50 pm

In my experience it varies. If you're going for the more auto-attack, 'realistic', RP focused stuff where its based around more actually RPing the situation out and having it like a real battle (see the recent Battle for Pyrewood we had with Cult of Shadow) then naturally RP gear is worn since the idea is not to act like your foe is a raid boss.

On the other hand when it is 'proper' RAWRMASHTEHH0RDE/ALLIES in Player versus Player I tend to go with people wearing their best kit. Why? There is always drama over what people deem to be 'RP gear'. Some may consider it 10-60 questing greens, Cataclysm greens, whilst others wear their Bloodthirsty Gladiator and call it RP gear. Hilarity ensues from those people on the opposite side who are being trashed because of their lowbie gear.

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayse Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:55 pm

in the SI7 operations I opt for RP situational encounters. (Pyrewood ect) It was a test but however it went well. Everyone on both sides enjoyed it and made the most ^^. You wear your RP gear the and aim isn't to kill asap, it's to play out the fight as a battle. Moving, autoattacking, shooting ranged, spell effects, grenades, flares you name it.

Awesome fun ^^
Jayse
Jayse

Character sheet
Name: Jayse Ravenwest
Title: International Man of Mystery

Back to top Go down

Post by Demurral Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:12 pm

aye, thats exactly what i wanted to see, where both sides can easily stay IC the entire time, without needing to worry too much about just getting ganked from the otherside, or having to deal with the whole "death is OOC, i was knocked out" scenario.
Demurral
Demurral

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down