Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RP]W-PvP Scenario: "Dustwallow Dustup"

+25
Mallea/Trollmeat
Torukan
Sylvina
Calisar
Zinkle Figgins
Eavya Morninglight
Gesh
Magaskawee/Anaei
Muzjhath
Zhakiri
Guldujenu
Rhenchu
Nayan
Nithel
Thenkar
Geldar
BarĂ²th / Olian
Tso/Feloreth
Shaelyssa
Dorik Thunderbelly
Mandui
Ghorana
Kristeas Sunbinder
Gallandria
Teebo
29 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

[RP]W-PvP Scenario: "Dustwallow Dustup" - Page 2 Empty Re: [RP]W-PvP Scenario: "Dustwallow Dustup"

Post by Zinkle Figgins Thu May 27, 2010 6:02 pm

Awesome work, Teebo! I expect ass-kicking events just like this for the retake of Gnomeregan as well Very Happy
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet
Name: Razgash Gronnbane
Title: Warbringer

Back to top Go down

[RP]W-PvP Scenario: "Dustwallow Dustup" - Page 2 Empty Re: [RP]W-PvP Scenario: "Dustwallow Dustup"

Post by Calisar Fri May 28, 2010 11:36 am

Crikey!

/salute for all the hard work! Sounds great Wink
Calisar
Calisar

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvina Fri May 28, 2010 12:52 pm

I hope Sunfuries are going to join this event somehow since this sounds great!
Sylvina
Sylvina

Character sheet
Name: Sylvina Fireheart
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Torukan Fri May 28, 2010 1:04 pm

I will definately be joining the event and compiling a video of all of the battles/rp that took place

Torukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Teebo Fri May 28, 2010 11:33 pm

Just a quick update regarding the planning in response to Geldar's suggestion.

I'm going to try and finalise a tentative date over the weekend and will post it here early next week along with a rough time line of key IC events in the weeks leading up to it. Provided there's no major clashes and most guilds find the date/time suitable, then we can start setting up proper invites on both sides via the in-game calendar, which will be formalised about one week after the tentative date is released.

During the week after the tentative date is known, I'll track interest from guilds and players in one of the first posts in this thread. So if a particular guild goes back to it's members with the date and they're keen and think they can provide 10 participants for example, then the list will read: Guild A (10) and so on.

Hopefully by the end of next week we'll have a clearer picture of those wanting to sign up as well as those wishing to lead and organise each faction IC'ly and OOC'ly. As far the actual leadership is concerned, those positions are currently open to both factions. I'm not putting myself forward to lead the Alliance defence OOC'ly (i.e. managing and co-ordinating the raids during the event) as it's not something I would want or can do very well.

However, I am very happy to help in the organisation leading up to it and in setting up the calendar events on both factions if necessary although that's pretty straightforward and probably best done by the overall faction raid leader. I think the easiest way to go about doing it would be to send invites to guild leaders and allow them to add their members to the event while regularly tracking the numbers here to keep them relatively balanced.

So yeah, over the coming week there will be the opportunity for prospective raid leaders to step forward and offer their services to their faction! Basically, you will be the key point of contact for the event for your faction and responsible for co-ordinating the individual raids under your command on the day as per the faction briefings. IC'ly I would imagine that a human will be more likely to lead the Alliance Expeditionary Force as Grand Marshal and an Orc would lead the Horde Vanguard as High Warlord. They could certainly appoint race-specific Lieutenants, Legion Commanders, etc but I'll leave that up to the IC discussion amongst the existing authorities: SW Council et al.

Geldar wrote:
And as a idea to lessen the lag, if we have say 2 raids on each side why not seperate the raids into different fronts? Might sounds complicated but if you get good leaders for each division it should work like a charm, provided as another idea: Have the leaders on ventrilo/skype with the opposing group leader so there could be communication at all times.
Yeah, I think the Skype/Ventrillo/TS idea is very good and should be done to ensure smooth communication and to resolve any possible misunderstandings quickly.

Regarding the lag, I'm hoping it won't be a problem of course but I think having a "Plan B" in case it becomes unbearable is probably worth doing. Siphoning each faction's force off into fronts could be handy. My only concern is that most players want to be "where the action is" and if it's felt that one front is better or "has more action" than the other then it could be problematic, yet if the fronts are balanced and lead well then it shouldn't be a problem.

Because Dustwallow Marsh is a relatively small zone (at least in terms of the portions most players use when travelling through and the areas where the battles will take place), the fronts would need to be quite far apart to reduce the impact of the lag I would think. Although I'm not sure on the specifics of how having X number of players in a zone impacts lag, i.e. will the effect of 250 players at North Point Tower be the same as having 150 there and 100 at Brackenwall Village? Does the world server partition load-balancing on a per zone basis?

One possible scenario involving splitting the forces into fronts that sort of ties into the briefings would be have half the Alliance raid defend Northwatch Hold and the other half defend North Point and then split the Horde assault in the same way. If you have any other ideas about specific fronts that tie into the objectives then I'd be keen to hear them Very Happy

But aye, the Skype idea is great. I reckon we should try out the big pitched battle at North Point first anyway and then if the lag is terrible, switch to Plan B and do the Northwatch assault at the same time or whatever front splitting is suggested. Being able to arrange this via Skype on the day would be really handy if we need to do something about the lag.

Geldar wrote:Eitherway, if I am ever given control of a division its name will so be "Ghost Division"! -scuttles off like Zoidberg to listen to Sabaton-
A division! I had you pencilled in as a possible Grand Marshal! Razz I've had a gander at that Sabaton track and shall be playing it next time I dive bomb those Horde beserkers in Wintergrasp!

Geldar wrote:PS: Bloodwind regiment ready to serve the Alliance!
Theramore will need your shock troops in the dark days ahead!

Damor/Zinkle wrote:Awesome work, Teebo! I expect ass-kicking events just like this for the retake of Gnomeregan as well Very Happy
Thanks Zinkle. I'm sure the Tinker's Court has something planned for the High Tinker's campaign and I can't wait to sign up for victory! I'm really tempted to check out the quests on the PTR but think I'll wait until they go live to savour the campaign with fellow gnomes!

@ Calisar and Sylvina : Thanks for the support -- hopefully both of your guilds can get involved. Smile

Kougor/Tashun/Galavan wrote:I will definately be joining the event and compiling a video of all of the battles/rp that took place
Excellent! 'Tis always a nice way to remember the experience and get a sense of the perspective of others from different factions and angles/etc. I'll probably try and do a bit of Frapsing as well but the more the merrier!
Teebo
Teebo

Character sheet
Name: Teebo Gyroblast
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mallea/Trollmeat Sat May 29, 2010 3:05 am

Sounds fantastic, I'll be there.

Though my current crew in the Fishing Squad aren't really RPers (becoming Bloodsail admirals and then standing around on a ship in pirate gear saying "Arr." and fistfighting for captaincy for half an hour doesn't count), but I'd bet they're sure as hell up for a huge fight. Of course with side balance being a factor, how keen are you on these less disciplined elements joining in? Would you look to limit it somewhat, or just leave it wide open for participation?
Mallea/Trollmeat
Mallea/Trollmeat

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Sat May 29, 2010 10:02 am

Heya Teebo, thanks for the long detailed reply to the points made, and as I am on my lunch break thought I would give some little more details to what you wrote regarding splitting the fronts.

Regarding the lag, I'm hoping it won't be a problem of course but I think having a "Plan B" in case it becomes unbearable is probably worth doing. Siphoning each faction's force off into fronts could be handy. My only concern is that most players want to be "where the action is" and if it's felt that one front is better or "has more action" than the other then it could be problematic, yet if the fronts are balanced and lead well then it shouldn't be a problem.

Because Dustwallow Marsh is a relatively small zone (at least in terms of the portions most players use when travelling through and the areas where the battles will take place), the fronts would need to be quite far apart to reduce the impact of the lag I would think. Although I'm not sure on the specifics of how having X number of players in a zone impacts lag, i.e. will the effect of 250 players at North Point Tower be the same as having 150 there and 100 at Brackenwall Village? Does the world server partition load-balancing on a per zone basis?

One possible scenario involving splitting the forces into fronts that sort of ties into the briefings would be have half the Alliance raid defend Northwatch Hold and the other half defend North Point and then split the Horde assault in the same way. If you have any other ideas about specific fronts that tie into the objectives then I'd be keen to hear them Very Happy

But aye, the Skype idea is great. I reckon we should try out the big pitched battle at North Point first anyway and then if the lag is terrible, switch to Plan B and do the Northwatch assault at the same time or whatever front splitting is suggested. Being able to arrange this via Skype on the day would be really handy if we need to do something about the lag.

I am taking as a example the last anniversery war in Grizzly Hills where both sides had nearly a total of 300~ players in total there. Now that proved to be quite problematic as the lag turned the screens of many people into comic books. Though, after time forces evened out after people began leaving, disconnecting (Not to mention my cunning plan at poping 3 path of frosts as we charged making 50~ Horde members DC!) and the lag was minimised to the standart lag on such events.

Now, what I meant by seperating it on different fronts, let me elaborate: You have 200 people in total or so (or more in which what I say can be simply multiplied) and we have the zone map, we open that very same zone map and we look for some key-locations in it for both Horde and Alliance, say those locations are 3-4 for instance as you said: Northwatch hold and the several towers present along the paved road for Theramore. Now if the raids are seperated in equally large groups and positions on key locations to defend/attack everyone will be a part of the action and chances are lag could be less, though chances are lag could be even bigger! But the main idea as I see it would be two options:

A) Horde pushing in from the keylocations making the Alliance forces withdrawing to Theramore where they regroup and we have a culminating battle around the city.

B) Alliance is pushing the Horde from the keylocations making the Horde withdraw towards the Barrens as we drive them out for a culminating b attle around the exit points or the Horde town.

Though those can prove to be rather difficult to time and organise properly because it will depend on adequet leaders from both sides working togheder in a synchronised manner.

Now as for the communication! Skype is a option yes, but from experience I know that with the lag from the game and from the call itself things sooner or later become impossible, that is why I think the best option would be for Ventrilo for those who have normal/slow computers that are sent to communicated and Skype for those with fast PC`s and stable connections. Though the most important thing in this is communication between the sides so I feel it is crucial that either option (Skype, Ventrilo) is used to avoid misunderstandings, attacking when not prepared, camping while trying to ressurect and just the general packadge of drama that comes along with this.

Eitherway! Awaiting details on what we are suposed to do in the SWCouncil regarding this, when, how, and so forth. People are anxious to help and learn more details o_o

PS:
Geldar wrote:Eitherway, if I am ever given control of a division its name will so be "Ghost Division"! -scuttles off like Zoidberg to listen to Sabaton-

Teebo wrote: A division! I had you pencilled in as a possible Grand Marshal! Razz I've had a gander at that Sabaton track and shall be playing it next time I dive bomb those Horde beserkers in Wintergrasp!

Geldar wrote:PS: Bloodwind regiment ready to serve the Alliance!

Teebo wrote: Theramore will need your shock troops in the dark days ahead!
To the first point, I`d be glad to help out with organising and provide the resources and manpower on my disposal for the battle and RP ahead of us if you pick me as Grand Marshal Erwin Romm- errr wrong, sorry.

To the second point, go get yourself the new Sabaton Album "Coat of Arms" put on the songs "Coat of Arms", "Screaming Eagles" and "Wermacht" and enjoy.

To the point three, I will talk with Mandui and Shinden about helping out and providing the shock troops needed for this, I am quite sure people from Bloodwind will go into a frenzy when they learn there is such a event in the making.

"Fast as the wind
The Invasion has begun
Shaking the ground
With a force of 1000 guns

First in the line of fire
First into hostile land
Tanks leading the way
Leading the way

Charging the lines with a force of a furious storm
Fast as the lightning phantom's swarm
200 miles at nightfall taken within a day
Thus earning their name, earning their fame

They are the Panzer Elite
Born to compete
Never retreat
(Ghost Division)
Living or dead
Always ahead
Fed by your dread

Always ahead as the Blitzkrieg rages on
Breaking morale with the sound of blazing guns
"

Bonus underneath:
Spoiler:
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Teebo Sun May 30, 2010 2:56 pm

Mallea wrote:Of course with side balance being a factor, how keen are you on these less disciplined elements joining in? Would you look to limit it somewhat, or just leave it wide open for participation?
Aye, the plan ideally is to open it up to everyone who wants to join in once we've formalised the details and have a solid group of RP'ers committed to the basic objectives and structure signed up. As long as players have a quick glimpse at the briefings to get a sense of what it's about and listen to their raid leader on the day, there shouldn't be any problem in anyone coming along.

As the event draws nearer and the calendar invites go out and are monitored we will be keeping an eye on numbers and the levels/mix of those attending of course, but only to ensure that the event itself will be reasonably balanced.

For example, I'm not sure if anyone from <War Drum> is active on these forums, but having tangoed with them many times before I'm sure that they would be very keen to attend and also respect the event objectives while providing a valuable addition to the Horde assault force. We just need to dangle a few gnomes tantalisingly close to their lines and they're away!

Geldar wrote:Not to mention my cunning plan at poping 3 path of frosts as we charged making 50~ Horde members DC!
What an ingenious plan. Wink

Geldar wrote:Now, what I meant by seperating it on different fronts, let me elaborate...
Indeed, well both of those options seem viable.

In the Alliance objectives I noted that we'd just try and hold the line or fall back but there's no reason why one front (if the raids are split on the day) can't try and push the Horde back out of the marsh if the initial clash at North Point goes well for the Alliance defenders. Similarly with the North Watch Hold defence if there's a second front there. The Horde should have a known fall-back positions in that case, e.g. if they are repulsed from North Point then the first fall-back point could be Brackenwall Village where they should be allowed ress and regroup towards before clashing again and so on.

I agree with the communications options too. Having raid leaders from both sides on Ventrillo or Skype should ensure the event flows as smoothly as possible and allow any lag corrections to be made on the spot.

Geldar wrote:Eitherway! Awaiting details on what we are suposed to do in the SWCouncil regarding this, when, how, and so forth. People are anxious to help and learn more details o_o
I'm sure! I'm hoping to come up with a tentative date and time later tonight or tomorrow. If it's largely acceptable then we can formalise calendar invites later in the week. I'll also list some suggestions as to when each RP grouping can "start" or would hear of it IC'ly as well as a rough time line running up to the event.

Re: Points one to three and the bonus --> EPIC. Theramore will need a Marsh Fox to turn back the tides of darkness!
Teebo
Teebo

Character sheet
Name: Teebo Gyroblast
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raelo/Lucanor Sun May 30, 2010 4:41 pm

The Tinker Federation will be glad to fight for the Alliance in this promising event! We will be able to muster a few level 80s to the actual battle, but our true strength lies in reconnaissance. (That, and eating cookies. Hmmm, cookies...) In fact, I was already starting to plan an event where the Federation tries to intercept a transport from Ratchet to Durotar, with the added difficulty of staying alive when the Orcs try to catch them. This could easily be adapted to fit this event, the transport for example could be a letter from the SGE to Orgrimmar discussing the attack...
Raelo/Lucanor
Raelo/Lucanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dourin Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:09 pm

This looks brilliant! Sign me up!

Dourin

Back to top Go down

Post by Quin Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:24 pm

Faboulatastic Teebo.
Quin
Quin

Back to top Go down

Post by Etular Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:10 pm

If this happens, I beg of the host, please add me to this event! Laughing

It sound absolutely, positively excellent.
Etular
Etular

Character sheet
Name: Etular Fizzlebomb
Title: Demonology Student of GAIRDAS

http://www.etular.tk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Torukan Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:11 pm

Any word on this amazing event?

Torukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2