Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

House History

+2
Webbles
Zackarn Yorelas
6 posters

Go down

House History Empty House History

Post by Zackarn Yorelas Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:44 pm

OOC:

Greetings dear reader, I, William. S. Yore have made it my late life's work to collect, sort, and translate the various source materials and histories pertaining to my house's (Supposedly) long and at times, very fantastical history.

As such I will begin my continuing recount of what I have learned regarding the bloodline of my family

In the year ?-?-? Lealin Yorelas of House Yore (Of the Quel'dorei of Dalaran) Did marry into the Family of Arnold Ottomir of House Ottomir (Human of Arathore)

This union did much to undermine the standing of House Ottomir within the empire, detractors within the nobility worked to undermine the power of Ottomir until the House was little more then a vassal (Taken in by long standing friends and allies, House Reinorm.

It was during service to Reinorm that Lord and Lady Ottomir were blessed with their first child, Arthore (the 1st) Yoromir (The family changing the House name there after to "Yore" )

Note** It seems to be custom within the Yorian Houses to attached a suffix, or prefix, to the "Yore" surname to denote family branch, in this example of the first recorded occurrence Ottomir and Yore became "Yoromir"

Though House Yore (Yoromir's) served Reinorm for many generations, in time they began to rebuild their power base through a series of political alliances, and distinguishing themselves in battle (Rather ironically the low standing of House Yore ensured they were constantly placed in the thick of the fighting allowing them to quickly re-establish them selves, even surpassing other House's in terms of Sovereign favour for their continued victories and exemplary conduct)

During this time at the hight of it's influence House Yore made a special request of the Kingdom in regards to the children born of Yore.

"As we Know, to be a Noble is more then blood, it is heart, the heart to fight for truth, for family, to stand when others would fall, to be of strong mind, body, and the wisdom not to misuse these powers, as such we ask that the Children of Yore shall hence forth be required to prove them selves to their family, before we may recognize them as heirs to our holdings and powers of governance and that we may also take into our family those who are lost and raise them up as one of our own, to be counted in the eyes of this sovereignty as Yorians also should they prove them selves worthy of the honour of serving this kingdom as our forebears have done"

Though reports show this request was met with heavy controversy, despite this a vote was held in favour of this strange request, I can only Imagen the circumstances currently had House Yore in a very politically strong position at the time, making refusal almost impossible (5 for, 4 against) however this agreement has stood since that time and has of yet not been revoked, as such the House Yore (Yoromir) continues to exercise this right

<< More soon >> TM
Zackarn Yorelas
Zackarn Yorelas

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

House History Empty Re: House History

Post by Webbles Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:22 pm

Welp. You can refine the story as much as you like, but don't expect everyone to acknowledge you as actual nobles.
Webbles
Webbles

Character sheet
Name: Webbles Boozeboat
Title: Her Majesty

http://thescarlet.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Azapha Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:04 pm

Zack the problem im going to say it now is.. you would be a Order not a noble house by what is here Sad.. a respectable one maybe, but the system to how the HoY is ran is that of a Knights order , even if you have paper work.. blood line nobles wont see you as the same, they would see you as an order like the silver hand . Pacts and Oaths or knight's things. not nobles, nobles are because they are by blood, a Knights order would be able to gain prestige in a world of nobles and respect, but they are not the same

even with paper work and proof of the noble title, no noble will see them as the same. your like John Snow from game of thrones in the regards of how other nobles will react to you
Azapha
Azapha

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zackarn Yorelas Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:33 pm

You've highlighted some key issues and I'll take them on-board for future editing, cheers o/
Zackarn Yorelas
Zackarn Yorelas

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zackarn Yorelas Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:34 pm

Our progress thus far, still far from finished, but we are begining to put pencil to paper

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Zackarn Yorelas
Zackarn Yorelas

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zathoroz Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:11 am

#Zackarus4President
Zathoroz
Zathoroz

Character sheet
Name: Zathoroz
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vardrek/Burgen Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:59 pm

#Zackarus4dictator
Vardrek/Burgen
Vardrek/Burgen

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Eveline Williams Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:15 pm

So, this thread is old but the skeleton timeline has been updated for a while now. To give a basic overview I welcome you to look at the below picture;

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Click to zoom in!

(Hosted elsewhere due to its massive size.) Recent history and shennanigans not included. (Such as Centax being assigned as new Patriarch) There may be some mistakes here and there though I've done my best to review and avoid these, the years may not be entirely accurate due to either not being accurately mentioned elsewhere; Did my best using wow-wiki, wowpedia and so on, consulting numerous sources for what I believe to be the most accurate Yorian timeline thus far.

Now, the actual story behind all these events?.. I'd invite you to join Yore and learn about it ICly! It will be written out over the course of the coming weeks.
Lady Eveline Williams
Lady Eveline Williams

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down