Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rings of Outland!! (arena RP event official post)

4 posters

Go down

The Rings of Outland!! (arena RP event official post)  Empty The Rings of Outland!! (arena RP event official post)

Post by Azapha Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:43 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Blood. Death. Carnage. Many of us have fought in the battlefield. The scent of blood, the crackling of fire, the sound of thunder, the clash of metal. The stench, intoxicating, not easily forgotten. Yet, that is not enough. Part of a fight, part of an army, only a small piece of the picture, easily forgotten. 'True' glory can only be found on the floor of the Arena, soaked in blood of fallen combatants. This is the ultimate demonstration of skill in combat. Two teams enter, only one 'walks' out. This is the name of the game... in the Rings of Outland.

The Rings of Outland is a bi-weekly RP-PvP event in the form of a 3v3 Tournament, hosted every 2nd Friday in turns with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Organized in the Ring of Trials and Blade's Edge Arena of Outland, teams of three are set to fight against eachother in a ladder-style tournament. The team which stands victorious over all others will be crowned as the "Champions of the Rings"... up until the next tournament.

Tournament Overview:
The players wishing to participate in the PvP must form a 3v3 team themselves and apply their team to the tournament through the Announcer of their faction.

The Announcers will call in teams to enter the Arena corridors, check that both teams are ready and give clearance to begin.

During Round 1, new teams may still apply to the tournament even if fighting would have already begun.
Once Round 2 begins, and Victor teams are put against Victor teams, new teams can no longer enter the tournament.

The tournament will continue up until a team reaches the peak of the "ladder" and is crowned as the Champions of the Rings.

At the end of the tournament, a "free-for-all" brawl will be called on the Arena floor, which concludes the event.

Roleplaying:
Being a roleplaying event, teams are required to apply their teams In Character through the Announcer.

Spectators and combatants waiting for their turn are encouraged to roleplay on the spectator seats and participate in casual conversation, betting and cheering their favourites to victory.

The victors of the tournament may add the "Champion of the Rings" (of Outland) into their list of personal accomplishments, being an In Character tournament. You may also continue participating, for even more fame and glory! Winning the Rings of Outland even once, twice if not thrice is a thing you can definitely brag about In Character.

Combatant Rules:
-Teams with 2 Healers are not allowed.
-Food Buff, Flask, Augmentation Runes or Well Rested (tent buff) are not allowed.
-10 Minute Cooldowns, Time Warp/Bloodlust/Heroism, Combat Res are not allowed.
-Consumables; Healing Potion, Alchemical Potions, Engineering Toys (Glider, Stealthman, Rocket, Nitroboost, Shield) are not allowed.
---
-The Combatants must be in a Group of their own (to avoid receiving raid-wide buffs from the spectators).
-The Combatants will always begin in the Arena corridors.
-Stealth classes must remain visible in the corridors before the game starts.

A team found breaking the rules will first be warned and a re-match will be arranged.
Repeated breaking of the rules will result in disqualification from the tournament.

General Rules:
-No interfering with the Fights that are going on.
-Resurrection of your fallen friends is allowed ONLY after all three of a team have fallen and one team is clearly victorious.
-Attacking other Spectators or the Announcers is not allowed.
-Using Knockbacks to force Spectators or Announcers into the Arena Floor is not allowed

Breaking of the rules will first receive a warning. If the behaviour persists, the Announcer will disqualify the player from the tournament and request them to leave and (if need be) order them to be "killed on sight".

FAQ:

Q: The Alliance have like 20 people and we're only 9 of the Horde! How do we even stand a chance?!
A: The fights are in 3v3 format, and Blizzard states 3v3 to be the most balanced form of PvP. Your success will depend on the capabilities of your team, not the numbers of your or the other faction. If Alliance have more teams in total participating than the Horde, Alliance teams will be put against the Alliance until each team have fought once.

Q: I would love to watch, but I don't want to fight. Is that ok?
A: Yes. This is a Roleplaying event, organized in Open World, with areas reserved for spectators. Do join us there in roleplaying.

Q: I can't see Emotes! All that I see are " does some strange gestures"!
A: The Arena Floor is a PvP area, so custom emotes are blocked. Emotes such as /wave and /smile still work. Make use of them. /say and /yell are neither blocked, so for custom emotes, use emote or in those channels. A number of Roleplaying addons such as Total RP 3 detects those marks and colours the text between such marks into emote colour.

sponsored by:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Azapha
Azapha

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

The Rings of Outland!! (arena RP event official post)  Empty Re: The Rings of Outland!! (arena RP event official post)

Post by Azapha Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:51 pm

Would like to thank them who attended the last event held of the 11th this month , really was happy to see the popularity picked up to more than i expected.. Extra thanks also given to Skarain for help in making this event possible on horde side and the support ooc in making this possible

Next event will be held on the 8th of January as im not going to run one over Christmas day .. the event to be Starting at 21:00 server time from now on to allow for more freedom of people to be able to attend.
Azapha
Azapha

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

The Rings of Outland!! (arena RP event official post)  Empty Re: The Rings of Outland!! (arena RP event official post)

Post by Skarain Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:33 pm

Is today or is cancelled due to Holidays? Had someone ask of me about this event.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Webbles Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:48 pm

Azapha wrote:Next event will be held on the 8th of January as im not going to run one over Christmas day

I guess he would've posted again if he had changed his mind!
Webbles
Webbles

Character sheet
Name: Webbles Boozeboat
Title: Her Majesty

http://thescarlet.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Azapha Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:54 pm

Yes the event today is cancelled, I did put in my second post that next event will be on the 8th of January as I realised today would not be a practical day as webbles as put down.. I have kids and today my time is with them and family so I won't be able to commit as I think a lot of parents can probably understand
Azapha
Azapha

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:54 pm

No worries. I mostly asked in place of a friend who were wondering. You sneaky person hid the date of next event well in the earlier post, one that one missed by skimming quickly over.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Azapha Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:09 pm

Full Apologies for the 8th jan event. i had internet issues preventing me from coming online for start of the event Sad. why on that day and not others i dont know but it is annoying,

next event will be on 22 jan. again sorry to any who wised to attend
Azapha
Azapha

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zackarn Yorelas Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:17 pm

22nd? I was under the impression these would be held on saturdays Q_Q
Zackarn Yorelas
Zackarn Yorelas

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:50 pm

In the past, on Fridays. I think however if enough people request it/fits the general schedule better, the dates can be changed.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zackarn Yorelas Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:10 pm

I vote for Saturday! (23rd)
Zackarn Yorelas
Zackarn Yorelas

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down