Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Letter to the Wardens, Disciples, Theatre, Delirium, Cavalry and Ninth Leaders.

+8
Oacenth
CarmtanNightglade
siegmund
Skarain
Skaraa
Elisheva
Mallucis
Zackarn Yorelas
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Letter to the Wardens, Disciples, Theatre, Delirium, Cavalry and Ninth Leaders. Empty Letter to the Wardens, Disciples, Theatre, Delirium, Cavalry and Ninth Leaders.

Post by Zackarn Yorelas Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:34 am

Greetings Sir / Madam

I am writing to you today to inform you of news I received in regards to Vile Thorn activity we recently brought to the councils attention.

New information has come to us, as such our plans have changed drastically as we now believe they seek to conduct a training exercise of sorts in the lands of Duskwood and Northern Strangle Thorn.
To "Bloody" the new recruits, as it were...

Women, Children, it makes little difference to these fiends.

As such we ask you to lend what aid you will to our efforts to repel these attacks, should you be willing to assist us we shall distribute between our numbers to guard the likely assault targets and thus preventing them from harming any innocents.

We shall bloody their recruits indeed...

But help us or not, we will stand for the innocent and defenceless, I hope you stand with us.

Sincerely...

Elder Kane, Patriarch of House Yore.

Page 1:

Page 2:

Map 1 (STV):

Map 2 (DW):

-OOC-:
Zackarn Yorelas
Zackarn Yorelas

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Letter to the Wardens, Disciples, Theatre, Delirium, Cavalry and Ninth Leaders. Empty Re: Letter to the Wardens, Disciples, Theatre, Delirium, Cavalry and Ninth Leaders.

Post by Mallucis Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:38 am

You can hear the sound of drums and trumpets coming from Westbrook.
Mallucis
Mallucis

Character sheet
Name: Aramal Blackstone
Title: Knight of Stormwind, Lord of Blackwood

http://mallucis.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Letter to the Wardens, Disciples, Theatre, Delirium, Cavalry and Ninth Leaders. Empty Re: Letter to the Wardens, Disciples, Theatre, Delirium, Cavalry and Ninth Leaders.

Post by Elisheva Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:25 am

This call to arms has been delivered to the Wardens.

Elisheva

Back to top Go down

Post by Skaraa Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:33 am

The Theatre are already planning their assault and have the most pretty little ambush point. We'll liaise with you IC soon.
Skaraa
Skaraa

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mallucis Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:03 pm

It will collide, however, with the Weekly RP spot. Have that in mind.
Mallucis
Mallucis

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:14 pm

One has to make the decision whether they will go for a weekly event or for a RP-PvP event that happen maybe once a month.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:16 pm

Or just make the RP PvP even the Weekly RP spot. The Horde have lowbies and so RPing and left alone doing their own thing, not like the Weekly spot RPers that don't want to PvP can't make something interesting happen.

siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:20 pm

Oh crap...many Alliance....

I think Arli will be leading from the rear on this one, and from the shadows and with a plentiful supply of gtfo-there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mallucis Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:52 pm

siegmund wrote:Or just make the RP PvP even the Weekly RP spot. The Horde have lowbies and so RPing and left alone doing their own thing, not like the Weekly spot RPers that don't want to PvP can't make something interesting happen.

Mael, do you copy?
Mallucis
Mallucis

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:57 pm

Just politely tell the alliance to stay in various places in small numbers/patrol places and you can do your roguey thing.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Zackarn Yorelas Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:02 pm

I'm planning to split the numbers across the points to keep it low enough that they present a viable target and additional numbers on patrol moving between points on the road, etc

However if you like you can add me to B-Tag, and give me an idea of the numbers you have at the time and I'll work toward ensuring it's equal so we can have a competitive go at it, rather then a big blob that's impossible for you to attack

**Edit

Charlieblaze will be leading the event for House Yore, so it will be more useful to coordinate with him about troop numbers and such
Zackarn Yorelas
Zackarn Yorelas

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by CarmtanNightglade Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:32 pm

Looking forward to facing the Thorns again Wink
CarmtanNightglade
CarmtanNightglade

Character sheet
Name: Carmtan Abendas Nightglade
Title: Physician

http://wardensofazeroth.wowlaunch.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Skaraa Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:17 am

I believe the Theatre and Yore have already coordinated, unfortunately I was far too busy last night to attend the IC chit-chat but we can finalise everything before the attack tonight. Looking forward to some RP.
Skaraa
Skaraa

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:27 am

I've absolutely no idea how many will turn up but I've done my best to contact GLs in game so fingers crossed we can get some rp/pvp. We will be doing this all IC, I want to keep raid chat to a minimum so as to force people to /say! Too often all the tactics are discussed in raid chat, far more fun to haggle it out IC (although I agree slower but *shrug*). However, no problem with some ooc chat across faction to help organise stuff.

My battletag is Arli#2954 so feel free to add me, but I'm kinda a private person and have just the officers and rl friends on tag so please don't be offended if I drop you off afterwards Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zackarn Yorelas Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:36 am

I'll try not to poke you to much for info to avoid breaking your immersion, essentially my only question will be.

"How many do you have?"

And then we will aim to ensure our numbers are as even to that as we can.

Not to worry, I'll be removing you most likely too, it's getting harder to sneak into Goldshire now my B-Tag list is filling up, how's a man meant to pursue a carrier in mail-box dancing when his constantly pestered I ask you!

bounce
[=]
_¦_

Le'Mail:
Zackarn Yorelas
Zackarn Yorelas

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:25 pm

Just wanted to say thanks, we had a brilliant time on our side. Really appreciate efforts to balance and hope it wasn't too dull for you guys.

Back to top Go down

Post by Oacenth Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:06 pm

I really enjoyed it! Many thanks to all the people who made it a thing!
10/10 would do again.
Oacenth
Oacenth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zackarn Yorelas Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:52 am

Ah I was straight off almost right after as I was very tiered, but we learned some stuff from this one.

Trouble is there are a lot of us, but we also want to include everyone, but that means "Sharing" the combat to a degree, then you get the people whining they are bored.

Boring people are always bored, I've no sympathy for that and don't feel responsible to entertain them, an RP environment has been created for them to have fun in, if they can't then that's down to them.

Only had one Hic-up in terms of player conduct but it was from a very very new RP'er, so I hope that wasn't taken to heart as I'm sure they are not clear on the etiquette just yet

It's our second go at running an RP-PvP event, I think it went fairly smoothly, but if any one has criticism in regards to it's organization I would like to hear that as it helps us improve for the next one, and we do hope to have a next one.

And also that this will encourage more of the Horde guilds who shy away from RP-PvP to take part.

I like to win, but I am more interested in it being fair for all involved, otherwise winning doesn't mean much.

Just for the people who weren't here, to give an example

Alliance were 30+

Horde were 8

As such we tried to divide the teams into groups of 8, with the under 100's doing patrols / side things (Calling people back who moved off and increased an areas numbers beyond that)

The Ambush point at the Darkshire entrance was overcome, however Ravenhill proved heavily defence-able , but we moved forward from the town of Darkshire to avoid the guards participation (Purely an OOC thing, as Charlie brought up in TS that if they attacked when we were near the town, the guards would give us to large an advantage and ruin it)

All in all, each area got "TWO" bouts with the Thorns and Venoms, and one or two very furious fishmongers.

And the mad dash toward Lakeshire almost proved fatal for the alliance as the lead riders were much faster on the scene then others
and quickly found them self surrounded by Horde!

and an effort was made to capture one of the attackers, but if that was successful or not we have yet to see, if it was expect a follow-up from us (We will likely move them to a "Secure" location for interrogation, somewhere viable for an assault by a Horde rescue party)

Aaaaand I think that's it, some screenshots in bound from one or two people who were able to get one.

((Oh and a side bonus, about 3 new RP'ers joined in who I've never seen before, so woot for community growth! - unbalanced our numbers a tad at Darkshire though... Thankfully the Horde were not to annoyed about that))
Zackarn Yorelas
Zackarn Yorelas

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tantzui Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:34 am

Too bad I was busy the whole weekend. But glad to hear it went well. Smile
Tantzui
Tantzui

Character sheet
Name: Tant
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:33 am

We'd really like to do it again but I will split out the combat and non-combat training to different days as I felt I was rushing people too much to properly rp things - but that's just organisation my side.

We would also probably choose a different night since many havbe gmeets on a Sunday, maybe a Friday?

Have to thank you for how well you organised it on Alliance side, we never felt completely overwhelmed and only called it at the end when people had to leave so we knew we couldn't give you much of a challenge.  Everyone played fair too, which was lovely and the minimal rules worked for this sort of event I think.

I'd like to try and do something similar again, plan ahead a bit more and see if I can get more from the Horde rp/pvp community to join in.  If I did, would you guys be up for it?  It would be a different approach/zone just to keep things interesting.

From my IC perspective, you send us packing back to Horde lands with a burning hatred of Alliance re-kindled Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:35 am

Spoiler:

Some screenshots that I remember to take.

I do not have anything particularly to add to Zack's and Arli's posts. They pointed out the good & bad on the event rather well. Alliance came to the scene with perhaps to much "time", some us waiting 2 hours until the first fight, but we'll know how much time for "pre-rp" we need now.

As for IC... "This affront on the Alliance land by the foul Horde must not go unpunished! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Onwards, brothers and sisters. To Lordaeron! (or/and) Burn Grom'gol to the ground! We shall show them why the Alliance is 'the' dominant world power and that the Alliance is not one to be trifled with!"

^Yes please! Basketball

Spin the wheel of hatred!

Last edited by Skarain on Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Zackarn Yorelas Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:47 am

Aye we would indeed, and Friday works nicely for us at least, it's our Order of the Oak allotted event day (RP-PvP)

I think the method you used to initiate this one was fairly solid, mystery informant giving some information on the likely attack area, it was easy to work with to get people going.

And the more the merrier, the larger the group you can field, the fewer we need to split up, means less time between bouts all round which should keep the tempo high enough that no one is waiting around to long.

As for the rule set, I agree. It's easier, and more realistic to the "Realm" not to mention less enforcement needed to simply run, ress, allow all abilities, and so on.

And the team who feels they are at the point where the CD timer is to long to realistically contest the area just ress and runs back away from the fight (Denoting they wish to leave combat)
Zackarn Yorelas
Zackarn Yorelas

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:17 am

Probably the best people to try and motivate the Horde are the Horde. Plus the Horde probably know better who is about there still these days. On the forums least besides those that actually seem to have participated in this are just blood elf guilds.

Not subed myself nowadays but Skarain i'll add that if they don't want a battle just go in and take their makeup, that ought to make them come out of hiding.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:31 pm

So would the Alliance be up for a continuation of this? Maybe in a couple of week's time so that we have time to spread the word IC'ly on Horde side. We can visit again or would you like to be stabbed in the delightful surroundings of Tirisfal instead?

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:35 pm

I don't know about the other guilds, but House of Yore are definitely up for a continuation.
Willy
Willy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next