Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Toying with an idea for the future.

+2
Skarain
Zackarn Yorelas
6 posters

Go down

Toying with an idea for the future. Empty Toying with an idea for the future.

Post by Zackarn Yorelas Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:14 pm

In a recent discussion thread I heard mention of a time Stromwind was burning and under siege from cutthroats and robbers, which got me thinking.

We have a prison in the city, what would happen is for some reason, they escaped (Were helped to escape) ?

You would have an army of thugs marauding around the city, trying to escape and I thought how would that work... You could have A horde raid, Deviate fished up to look like ninja's, playing the role of convicts, trying to break out of the city.

There would be a bit more structure to it ofcourse but essentially that's an event idea I'm thinking about for the future, but I wanted to do an interest check first as it would require a fair amount of Horde players wishing to play the roll of convict, also I am thinking the convicts objective would be to attack the king for revenge. (Just to create an objective that has some value OOC)

So, interest check!

Last edited by Sir Zackarus Xaviour on Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zackarn Yorelas
Zackarn Yorelas

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Toying with an idea for the future. Empty Re: Toying with an idea for the future.

Post by Skarain Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:47 pm

I do quite like it, as a RP-PvP event.

How hard are Deviate fish to farm? I remember it being time-consuming when I did think of stacking them up once. Considering that a Raid is +20~40 people, and you need ~5 per person, unless you trick around with Skymirror and Reflecting Prism.

The Horde will have to group up on outskirts of Stormwind, at some mountaintop. When they are ready, they swoop to the stockades, pop the item and start causing havoc.

If wanting to keep by bounds of semi-realism, flying mounts need to be off-limits for the prisoners and the roleplaying folks. You can however not ask that from all the OOCers who may be present, who will swoop in to join the fight. This may cause problems in terms of numbers, though if they join the fight itself as to roleplay-pvp, that is only a good thing.

The corpse-run distance for Horde is all the way from Goldshire, so the event needs to be an one-wave hit, or alternatively push on until they wipe, then regroup at another mountaintop and (???) do it again/go home.

Pushing to Wrynn sounds like a good objective. Unlikely to get down, depending on raid size and boss HP/damage (haven't checked).

Still, a decent idea. Needs a bit of organizing, but sure, can be executed
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Toying with an idea for the future. Empty Re: Toying with an idea for the future.

Post by Vardrek/Burgen Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:04 pm

Sir Zackarus Xaviour wrote:In a recent discussion thread I heard mention of a time Stromwind was burning and under siege from cutthroats and robbers, which got me thinking.

When was this? Can't say I remember any sort of guild like that.
Vardrek/Burgen
Vardrek/Burgen

Back to top Go down

Post by Zackarn Yorelas Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:14 pm

I also watched the city burn during the cops and robbers escapades

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Zackarn Yorelas
Zackarn Yorelas

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:29 am

Let's see...

I also watched the city burn during the cops and robbers escapades, it was Rp, and I wanted to join....but wasn't allowed to (I didn't fit the story line). It was disheartening. Then finally I was suddenly included....omg....was Rend talking to me? Oh wait, he had a knife at my throat.....not quite what I had in mind. So from being ignored to my chars life suddenly in danger, it was a bit much.

Aha, so the time the Cartel did their flashy we're fleeing to AD event, had a feeling i'd be that.

Just so you know that was just another of their really bad bad events, no suprise they said she didn't fit the storyline at the start. I just had fun becouse i took on a gnoll costume and ran around the city as a fugitive, honestly it was more fun then the EDGY criminal outbreak the cartel made. Not that they are much more liked on AD.

Onto the topic here itself, making the horde do this shenanigan is a interesting idea but all in all I see it getting a bit out of control really and hard to handle.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Mallucis Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:55 pm

The idea is really, really bad. Mall wouldn't allow any prisoner to escape his cell, not to mention the prison. I won't add "even if," simply because it's impossible.

Spoiler:
Mallucis
Mallucis

Character sheet
Name: Aramal Blackstone
Title: Knight of Stormwind, Lord of Blackwood

http://mallucis.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Blazesong Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:10 am

Prison breaks happen. No prison is too secure to get breached, either with outside help or purely inside. The inside stuff is harder though cause it requires your men not to pay attention to what the criminals are saying. And we're talking about a major prison now right? Like the Stockades or something?
Charlie Blazesong
Charlie Blazesong

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zackarn Yorelas Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:28 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

May have some Horde willing to help us with this o/
Zackarn Yorelas
Zackarn Yorelas

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down