Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Time to look to the future.

+16
Rmuffn
Allonia_Miral
siegmund
Lavian
Odgan / Keag
Foa
Jans Biornson
Dianthaa
Thelos
Raenmar
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Ledgic
Vaell
Kozgugore Feraleye
Ara
Broncrast
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Time to look to the future. Empty Time to look to the future.

Post by Broncrast Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:47 am

First of all I'm not going to say I want anyone to panic over this thread, it is simply an idea that popped into my mind one night Smile

Many of you RP families, old veterans, young adventurer or something along the lines, but as time sloooowly goes by it only goes as fast as in RL.
Basicly my idea would be to skip ahead an amount of years, so some of you might be getting slightly gray-haired, some of the young adventurers or newbie fighters are grown alot more experienced, the child you and your IC wife/husband had is a teenager now and even a playable person!
Wars might have been fought, people might have died, some might come back from hiding (Peers out at all the evils out there).

This would be a new chapter of the entire server, it would be the sequel to Defias Brotherhood RP.
Think of all the progression your character can/could/have gone through in those years, you started using a weapon for the first time as you joined a group of warriors, today you are a proud soldier/scout/guard/married woman?
The possibilities are endless to what our characters could be, maybe we could take it as far as gnomes making new technoligy xD (maybe not)

Yes I know there would be ALOT....alot of work behind this to actualy do, and for both horde and alliance at that.
This was my idea atleast, jumping forth in time for a sequel to our characters story.

Feel free to leave a reply, again this is not a real suggestion so no need to hate on me for it xD it is simply an idea that struck me and I found thinking about it very fun.
Broncrast
Broncrast

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Time to look to the future. Empty Re: Time to look to the future.

Post by Ara Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:54 am

they did this before when one of the expansions came out.There was a 5 year gap in lore so some people started trying to bridge the gap.But I dislike the idea of Bob ageing x amount of years in a month.Wait... lol skip that Very Happy
Ara
Ara

Character sheet
Name: Ara
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Broncrast Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:55 am

Bob never knows where, who, where he is anyway xD

Edit: Just to clearify, I don't mean RP time as accelerated, but literaly skip ahead. Lets say that when the next expansion hits we drag time ahead with 5-10 years. (That is an example people nothing more!)
Broncrast
Broncrast

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kozgugore Feraleye Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:19 am

Though I understand the idea may be appealing to some, you can't in any way convince the entire community to roll with such a thing. I do believe some people in Kingdom of Stromgarde did such a thing in the past, though you can't really extend such a thing beyond your own characters if others don't feel much for it.

As for the 'five year lore-gap', that was a common misunderstand with both Cataclysm and Mists, due to a certain description. In-game, there haven't been any time-jumps in between expansions or otherwise as far as I'm aware.
Kozgugore Feraleye
Kozgugore Feraleye

http://www.orcsoftheredblade.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:54 am

It would be too difficult to impliment. Though some characters may benefit from it, others may not - e.g, someone RPing an ongoing event/conflict.

We can create guards, ministers, representatives of races and even building owners (or as close to the mark as possible without too much drama) but time skipping is definitely a little far and too much to ask of every RPer. The WoW lore isn't ours to completely change, but instead find loopholes and expand on the parts that they overlook.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:54 am

I'd never want to make up five years of things my characters have done, or five years of things that have happened to them. That would be exhausting.

On top of that, I wouldn't want to miss out on any of it.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Gor'Thrak Frosthowl Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:04 am

You could probably go to some place/town and have those interested RP amongst yourselves for a while before turning back to the normal. I can safely say that I won't do so myself though.
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl

Character sheet
Name: Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Title: The Bloodaxe

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:28 am

I sort of like the idea. In the 3 years I've played Raenmar he's changed as if he's aged 20-30 years, so it would be nice for him to actually age significantly.

That said, I really don't think it'd work. And it'd mean missing out on a lot of RP.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet
Name: Raenmar Alric
Title: Commander, Druid of the Wild

http://gilneas.guildlaunch.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:32 am

I would actually rather play out flashbacks. Like, for example, play a draenei in pre-Orc War Draenor.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dianthaa Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:37 am

Pao wrote:I would actually rather play out flashbacks. Like, for example, play a draenei in pre-Orc War Draenor.

Very much like this idea, could have it like a short one week or two week event?

The time skipping idea could be interesting for some, but I think it's far too complicated to get it to work server-wide, only shot is if you went for some sort of bubble thing with just the people who are keen on it.
Dianthaa
Dianthaa

Character sheet
Name: Dianthaa
Title: Deathmaster of the Vile Thorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Jans Biornson Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:29 am

Pao wrote:I would actually rather play out flashbacks. Like, for example, play a draenei in pre-Orc War Draenor.

Oh yeah, that could be so awesome :O Also for orcs to be Mag'har before the corruption for a week or two.
Jans Biornson
Jans Biornson

http://www.livogsang.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Foa Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:46 am

Ledgic Caan wrote:I'd never want to make up five years of things my characters have done, or five years of things that have happened to them. That would be exhausting.

On top of that, I wouldn't want to miss out on any of it.

^ Basically this, you'd be missing out on too much Roleplay which could possibly be interesting, and not only that, imagine the "Timelapse" would occur during a conflict between two factions (Which is quite a high probability), Add upon that the fact that during that five year timelapse the randomness of events could be astounding (characters might even die to some random factor like a fight or a pack of wolfs or such)

There's just so much you'd lose from jumping a few years ahead, compared to what you'd gain from staying and roleplaying during the time to show the growth of your character until that period and outline what has happened. Jumping five years ahead would be, as Ledgic said, quite exhausting. Of course, if you are into the character aging thing, you could probably find yourself some form of IC solution which is acceptable lore-wise. (like using the caverns of time or something, I'm not that good at WoW lore, so I won't be giving one out).

As for the flashback Idea, I'm not sure what to think of it, it might have a good outcome, but due to me playing too much AC, the goblins or gnomes , working along with mages to create an arcane animus comes to mind.
Foa
Foa

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jans Biornson Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:49 am

Foa wrote: Of course, if you are into the character aging thing, you could probably find yourself some form of IC solution which is acceptable lore-wise. (like using the caverns of time or something, I'm not that good at WoW lore, so I won't be giving one out).

The orcish warlocks on draenor, used their powers to age the orcish children faster, in order to get more warriors in shorter time. I think pretty much that it's illegal IC.. But it's an option Wink
Jans Biornson
Jans Biornson

http://www.livogsang.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ara Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:21 am

Just like the battle maiden quests in Vashier

Can I marry your brain? Very Happy
Ara
Ara

Character sheet
Name: Ara
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Odgan / Keag Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:31 am

Would be fun for one day, but if you look at Blizz lore, could very well be Azeroth is invaded and conqeured by the Legion in five year.
Odgan / Keag
Odgan / Keag

Character sheet
Name: Ildranor Strongbrew
Title: Mountaineer-Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:52 am

I've done RP like this on small scales in the past with a few others. Basically RPing past events involving our characters or playing a "what if" future in a small scale. Those are more doable and fun than trying to persuade a whole community to participate.

However all the best!
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:04 am

You can always use the Caverns_of_Time to your advantage if you'd want to make a event out of it, make a good story how you'd drop into it and so on.
The game does use it a lot as in dungeons and raids, in the future and into the past.

I'd be a fun idea to make like a event out of it then really time skip, plus the future can change at any time, any small thing can change it and past is past, lot's of lost stories.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Allonia_Miral Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:05 am

Maybe do as proposed earlier, have some mishap journey to the Caverns with the other people interested, and have them spent some years in some alternate timeline and come back older? Would also secure you against some lore changes that will inevitably come up.

Edit: Someone got there before me Razz
On the matter of lost stories - from month to month my idea of what Allonia's future would be like, would have to change drastically depending on what happens. You can never tell!
Allonia_Miral
Allonia_Miral

Back to top Go down

Post by Gor'Thrak Frosthowl Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:08 am

*Goes to the Caverns of Time*
*Gets blasted by a dragon*

I'm not so sure if they'd let you do something like that. Why is it even needed? You can just say that "This is an event that takes place 5 years into the future", keep it in a bit secluded place and that's it.
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:09 am

Allonia_Miral wrote:Maybe do as proposed earlier, have some mishap journey to the Caverns with the other people interested, and have them spent some years in some alternate timeline and come back older? Would also secure you against some lore changes that will inevitably come up.

On the matter of lost stories - from month to month my idea of what Allonia's future would be like, would have to change drastically depending on what happens. You can never tell!

The problem with that is there will be quite a few people who will froth at the mouth to exterminatus you from the globe for doing that.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Gor'Thrak Frosthowl Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:11 am

Well, to be fair, the only times we've been sent into the Caverns of Time or even allowed in is when history has been in dire need of help. I don't really care that much though, it doesn't concern me.
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:12 am

You can however use the -setting- of Caverns of Time. Without actually saying you used Caverns of Time.

When doing flashbacks.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gor'Thrak Frosthowl Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:12 am

That is true!
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Grufftoof Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:16 am

Aneira wrote:
Allonia_Miral wrote:Maybe do as proposed earlier, have some mishap journey to the Caverns with the other people interested, and have them spent some years in some alternate timeline and come back older? Would also secure you against some lore changes that will inevitably come up.

The problem with that is there will be quite a few people who will froth at the mouth to exterminatus you from the globe for doing that.

And I say, bollocks to them!

RP can be fun (and tropetastic?!) (Dallas and Bobby Ewing meets WoW, Dr Sam Beckett quantum leaps into Ogrimmar?!) without causing some of the venomous bile that is often associated with anything "outside of the ordinary".

What about Wormhole malfunction? Sending you a-la Time Tunnel to some weird and/or time? Things exist in WOW which could definitely work into a Time Bubble or Time Slip or something.

EDIT: Exactly Ixi.

Last edited by Grufftoof on Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:21 am; edited 2 times in total
Grufftoof
Grufftoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:20 am

Calling it right now: Makes can cast time loops. They have atleast two abilities that affect the flow of time around you. A really powerful mage with a really powerful focussing iris of some sort should be able to propel you into the future if you want (or bring back an older you)
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next