Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RP-PvP] Shadows in the Night (CONCLUDED)

+5
Littlepip
Tantzui
Skarain
Zackarn Yorelas
Exigua
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[RP-PvP] Shadows in the Night (CONCLUDED) Empty [RP-PvP] Shadows in the Night (CONCLUDED)

Post by Exigua Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:01 pm

Hello there!

With the horde campaign of the same name moving along, we are getting closer to the RP-PvP parts of it. I have already been in contact to several alliance guilds which have expressed an intent to take part. Horde officers and GM's have been invited to the calendar event, and have hopefully passed the information on to their guilds. Everyone who follows with the campaign will taken to the scene. For all the rest of you out there interested, but so far unknowing, this is for you.

We have plans to hold the RP-PvP in Winterspring at about 20 server time on the 18th and 19th, with a break on the Sunday, to finish with two more days of fighting with the 21st and 22nd.

I hope we get many willing fighters from both sides, with good even battles, and a lot of interesting RP around it!

If you want to reach anyone regarding this, turn to Vardrek or Beladon for Alliance side, or to Exi on Horde side.

Exi - Painted Skulls

Last edited by Exigua on Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:21 pm; edited 3 times in total
Exigua
Exigua

Back to top Go down

[RP-PvP] Shadows in the Night (CONCLUDED) Empty Re: [RP-PvP] Shadows in the Night (CONCLUDED)

Post by Zackarn Yorelas Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:17 pm

The House approves!

The blood of trolls will nourish the pale tree...

That said from an OOC side we're interested in keeping the numbers even and the battle enjoyable (Competitive) for both sides, so no issue here if the alliance should outnumber the Horde, we will at least be willing to have a few sit out.

Also a thank you for the initiative!

Zackarn Yorelas
Zackarn Yorelas

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

[RP-PvP] Shadows in the Night (CONCLUDED) Empty Re: [RP-PvP] Shadows in the Night (CONCLUDED)

Post by Skarain Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:21 pm

Make a post of this on Roleplaying forums? Very Happy

Including all pretty pictures and screenshots that are yet to come.

Shameless RP-PvP server advertisement [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Exigua Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:47 pm

Definately something I should consider actually! Thanks for the tip Smile
Exigua
Exigua

Back to top Go down

Post by Tantzui Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:15 pm

HYPE BUMP!

Also go spam some thumbs up on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] .

Tanks mons.
Tantzui
Tantzui

Character sheet
Name: Tant
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:05 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The Alliance slowly making their way back to their base of operation in shame of defeat.
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet
Name: Littlepip
Title: Runemage

http://the-adventures-of-roleplay.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Exigua Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:56 am

The battle of yesterday ended with a 3-2 victory FOR THE HORDE!

Rest assured, that this act of aggression will not go unpunnished... Be afraid, Alliance... Be very afraid!

Looking forward to the PvP today!
Exigua
Exigua

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:02 am

If i get my hands on more healers i'll sit on you all day damn you no chaos bolts for you filthy horde!
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Naroma Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:49 pm

Quick post for clarification, will the same person be coordinating this each event? Would be handy to have a go to contact regarding it all.

The original post states "If you want to reach anyone regarding this, turn to Vardrek or Beladon for Alliance side" and I understand there were connection issues yesterday which is unavoidable, though it would be handy both IC and OOC to point towards whoever may be in charge.

Thanks in advance and bring on the next battle.
Naroma
Naroma

Character sheet
Name: Naroma Herandir
Title: Master Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zackarn Yorelas Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:20 pm

Well, before tonight me and Exi were planning to do a quick ooc planning to organize how it would run, but that was primarily because I was the only guy available at the time for it.

I'm more then happy to hand of the reins!

However should I be the one coordinating again I will make it know and go about things much as we did last night, inviting via lfrp, forming a raid, and setting objectives.

If you need to contact me (Though I'm not entirely certain I will be leading Alliance side just yet) my B-tag is in my Signature (add a little message along the lines of "defiasrp" and I'll auto accept)
Zackarn Yorelas
Zackarn Yorelas

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Naroma Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:25 pm

Great thanks. My primary concern is having little RP to justify half of us being there from an IC perspective, of course we are there for RP-PvP, but it felt a bit off just all appearing in Winterspring, coincidentally with several other groups, and charging the Horde without clear direction.

However, I appreciate the initiative and it seems to be a success so far, and I'm eager to see some more of the Role-play side of this turn of events.
Naroma
Naroma

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zackarn Yorelas Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:29 pm

Well, we did try to create a sub plot to fuel the conflict, these short attempts were announced in /rw in the form of a sentinel announcing to the guardian of Starfall Village the Horde had arrived at the Lake ruins, and it was confirmed they were the same ones who had been burning and destroying in Ashenvale.

Though as I said, it was done very quickly and it could have been easily missed.

Sadly, given the ooc desire to include as many people a possible, but also the IC concerns of why would they all be there, and all team up, the story is... Very basic.

The Horde are here, we're all here, let's help defend these lands for the Kaldorei!
Was essentially the plot drive.
Zackarn Yorelas
Zackarn Yorelas

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Naroma Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:39 pm

Catching F5 when you've written a whole post is infuriating.

I caught the sub plot, though it may seem a very in depth and perhaps over thought out reason, myself and my guild members did not feel it appropriate IC to follow a dark clad mercenary looking fella screaming orders from horseback, to attack the Horde as an appropriate reason to involve themselves. It was a fight led by a stranger on his terms.

-Obviously- I understand the reason for this OOC, but criticism for reflection, perhaps in future we can all take into consideration those who attend these events for the RP and take their characters actions very seriously. As I personally felt like I should exclude myself to avoid breaking character, as much as I wanted to PvP.

This is not a criticism towards anyone personally, just an overview of a man sitting on the side lines feeling a tad left out.
Naroma
Naroma

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zackarn Yorelas Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:20 pm

If your character story does not allow you to participate in the event, as it is structured, I'm afraid that is an issue for your self.

Every thing that could be done, to include people and give them appropriate motivation to join in was done ICly. (Certain things -Must be- IC, to allow OOC things to happen)

I share the same issue, to a degree. I would have very much liked to do this event on my DK, but alas. Paladins were going to be there on mass, not a good place for him to be.

I would suggest, as a work around. They may conclude that in order to protect alliance interests, it is worth supporting others doing the same. (That was the intention with the call to arms sounded by Drakore during his "Heroes, adventurers!" speech)
Zackarn Yorelas
Zackarn Yorelas

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Naroma Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:50 pm

My exact point can't exactly be worded through a forum post with how I intend it, as you can understand I'm sure. My character has every reason to be involved. I was just pretty surprised that so many Stormwind Council affiliated groups attended, but a stranger to those present led the charge. My issue isn't with the event structure and I'm sure I'll be stuck in when I can next get online.

Its a minor issue really, it just all seemed very random and the RP part just didn't seem to happen (At no fault of any individual, plenty of opportunities arose but little happened).

And once again to keep this clear as sometimes text only conversation can be misconstrued, I'm simply stating my observations, I'm in no way criticising any individuals, their Roleplay or any other actions.
Naroma
Naroma

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zackarn Yorelas Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:52 pm

I believe I understand now;

House of Yore were there for their own Cold Weather training, ICly it was a coincidence that they happened to be there at the same time as others.

As such, you likely felt ICly that he had no place leading troops, which is a fair point.

Tonight things will be a little different and we actually need a third team leader, I am hoping for it to be drawn from a guild not DoL or HoY since we are both leading teams already (A healer is ideal, but we will take what we can get)

If you have someone in ToB who you feel, ICly would be willing to cooperate with Drakore, they could lead a team and perhaps provide you with a more realistic means of investment
Zackarn Yorelas
Zackarn Yorelas

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Naroma Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:01 pm

That about sums it up yeah.

This evening we're mostly all busy. However Monday and Tuesday the event is continuing right? We will be attending both of those events.

And of course with some RP prior to the next assault we are present at I'm positive we can elect a representative to lead a team.

I look forward to watching the events unfold through both intermission RP at the lodge and on the field of war alongside our many comrades.

Appreciate your input Zackarus and I'm sure I'll see you in game soon.
Naroma
Naroma

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:32 pm

IC wrote:It would seem the Alliance has had a bit of a falling out. Once everyone wakes up the next morning for another day of fighting the Mountaineers and any soldiers under the command of Bavragor Stonehearth is gone. Leaving leaves gap a rather large gap in the camps defense, especially across the mountains and night shifts.

Keep in mind that this is not to prevent anyone in the Mountaineers or the Clans of Khaz Modan from roleplaying, they are free to do so. However no longer as a Mountaineer or a Soldier.
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet
Name: Littlepip
Title: Runemage

http://the-adventures-of-roleplay.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Naroma Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:16 pm

Eagerly awaiting a post for this evenings results!
Naroma
Naroma

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zackarn Yorelas Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:38 pm

3 - 2 (A victory for the Horde)

I'm a bit tiered to expand on it, but hopefully the Horde will oblige with a more comprehensive over view of tonight's activities.

But, no one threw thier teddy, peace was kept and the event "Worked" and hopefully, people had fun.
Zackarn Yorelas
Zackarn Yorelas

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Naroma Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:41 pm

Good to hear! (Not the result, but the success)

I'm sure we can pull back for a win on the remaining evenings.

Naroma
Naroma

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mallucis Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:21 am

Zackarus did some great job leading this PvP, there's no doubt. I understand Naroma's IC problem, I had very similar. But, due to the absence of the actual Event Leader, it was still better to risk something ICly controversial, than to loose the event OOCly.
Mallucis
Mallucis

Character sheet
Name: Aramal Blackstone
Title: Knight of Stormwind, Lord of Blackwood

http://mallucis.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Exigua Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:52 am

I should look at this thread more often... Good work Zack with keeping up!

On the saturday evening, the horde had confirmed from the Goblins that there was indeed something of interest on the isle in the middle of the frozen lake west of the town, some place with a silly elven name. With the plan to head over there to protect the island in order to allow an excavation, they had also heard rumours of increased magical activity at a cave to the southwest, again with some weird elven name. The horde had just headed outside the Goblin town and gone onto their mount, when a force of Alliance charged right past them on the road, presumably heading over to the cave and continue with whatever magical things they had planned there. The Horde quickly split up, sending one group over to defend the island, the other charged after the Alliance, and indeed found them in the cave.

After several battles, the Alliance had managed to keep a slight foothold in the cave, though they had failed to take the island. Fights also broke out at a tower, where the horde again was victorious.

We had in total 20 fights, 19 of them in ~5v5 size, the last one a full 10v10. The fights were taking place in sets of 3 at each location. Overall, the horde won 11 fights, and the Alliance won 6. I'm aware that only makes it 17 fights, the remaining 3 all had outside interference. Overall, the battles went 3-2 during the evening, 1 draw due to interference, and the last 10v10 getting some interference too.
Exigua
Exigua

Back to top Go down

Post by Zackarn Yorelas Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:45 pm

Looks as though I will be on point for alliance invites tonight - I will do it the same as before, lfrp, raid invites, etc.

Looking to start inviting around 19:50, and RP'ing around 20:00

If all goes well, ready to fight by 20:30
Zackarn Yorelas
Zackarn Yorelas

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zackarn Yorelas Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:50 pm

Rain of (tears!)
On account cancellation

((C wat I did thre))

That is the end of the Wintersprings Campaign, thank you all who attended, we had a lot of fun, I hope you did too.
Zackarn Yorelas
Zackarn Yorelas

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next