Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] Kings Household Cavalry [RP-PVP]

3 posters

Go down

[A] Kings Household Cavalry [RP-PVP] Empty [A] Kings Household Cavalry [RP-PVP]

Post by Heldrik Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:43 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
"For the King, For the People, For the Alliance"

History  

Due to the proclivity for the monarch to be mounted in combat and the fall of the Knights of Azeroth, a new bodyguard regiment was required during times of war, The Household Cavalry was formed from the Royal Guards (Household Guards) of Stormwind to form a battlefield regiment to protect the King in the field.  This training was not easy as infantry units were  required to learn not only how to ride, but also how to fight in the saddle whilst in battle and how to maintain their mounts out of it. With the loss of the Knights of Azeroth at the culmination of the first war, much of their elite expertise was lost and the burgeoning Cavalry sought to once more train hard to establish themselves as not only elite on foot, but on horseback too.

Purpose

The primary charge of the cavalry will always be the defence of the King and the lands he rules over.  Due, in part, to the increase in offensive operations since the fall of the Lich King and the renewing of hostilities between the Alliance and the Horde, this mandate has been expanded to incorporate any military expeditions; to secure the Alliance and its peoples, Stormwind and its holdings and by default the King's Life. This creates the potential for the Cavalry to fight on behalf of the other leaders within the alliance or alongside other orders. The only caveat being: unless the King sees fit to deploy them elsewhere.

Recruitment Changes

Though some would question the importance of Stormwind within the greater alliance, it has, nevertheless become home to many races. The Kings Household Cavalry has protected this bastion of human endeavour and its king from  the myriad threats which avail it. It is no longer enough to say that the protection of Stormwind should fall to humans alone. After all there are many now who wish to protect their homes and livelihoods within the city who come from distant lands.  As a result of this the human only restrictions have been lifted and all are welcome to apply.

Potential

This all amounts to the modus operandi of the cavalry, being that of a highly mobile fighting unit capable of reaching a warzone in good time and good order, bringing the myriad skills and local knowledge of the various races now being accepted together, to ensure that no battlefield is a challenge and proving that any line can be broken with a well placed charge.

OOC - History

The Kings Household Cavalry was formed first during classic/vanilla wow by a great guild leader, operating as "The Third Squadron", of which i was ultimately promoted to 2IC gaining valuable experience of leading a guild both IC and OOC filling in for the boss when he wasnt around. (this was on a character called Derithor, the former name of my warrior (now an IC DK)) That incarnation of the Cavalry eventually disbanded as personal plot lines for many guildies developed beyond the guild itself including treason and the infiltration by the Scourge (always something to keep you on your toes). Other Real Life responsibilities contributed to it ending just prior to WotLK release.  There was a second incarnation by a random who used the guild name very briefly with a very gaudy tabard design with (as far as im aware) no affiliation to the original guild.

OOC - Intentions

Obviously as a military guild, RP won't be the only thing we partake in. I've never been one for restricting what players do outside of RP events, so if you have your own raiding buddies or RBG's/Arena's etc, its your prerogative to keep going with those! Hopefully if enough people joined the guild, PvE and PvP could become a guild event (not necessarily in character) for everyone to enjoy.
As far as the name itself and what the guild stands for goes, I'd now like to continue the name of the guild and expand its membership to contribute to RP on the server and i Hope, to foster the growth of server RP by working with other guilds, both alliance and horde. So if any of this interests you or you'd like to help in both the construction of the guild or helping towards server RP then please feel free to get in touch with me in game using this name or PM me for my battlenet tag, horde or alliance!

Cheers,
Heldrik.

Last edited by Heldrik on Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:17 am; edited 8 times in total
Heldrik
Heldrik

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

[A] Kings Household Cavalry [RP-PVP] Empty Re: [A] Kings Household Cavalry [RP-PVP]

Post by Maelmoor Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:53 pm

Good luck!
Maelmoor
Maelmoor

Back to top Go down

[A] Kings Household Cavalry [RP-PVP] Empty Re: [A] Kings Household Cavalry [RP-PVP]

Post by Tor Wolfrise Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:56 am

Saw you recruiting in trade chat, great to see you found this place. Wishing you the best of luck!
Tor Wolfrise
Tor Wolfrise

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Heldrik Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:19 am

unashamed bump to show off the artwork compliments of Shai. The Cavalry is not dead by the way, just on a hiatus while i get through this semester of uni. (who the hell needs research methods really?!)
Heldrik
Heldrik

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down