Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Racial Voices

Go down

Racial Voices Empty Racial Voices

Post by Esturi Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:36 pm

A while back I decided to create a Gilnean character that remained unaffected by the worgen curse. The simple way to do this would be to create a human character and simply act them out as if they were Gilneam - only one thing bothered me with this approach. My characters voice. For example all combat messages would be spoken in an American (Stormwind) accent whereas to stay immersed I'd need that London (Gilean) accent to be spoken.

Long story short I dug around in the game files and did a little research and found a simple solution which will override the default human voice with the Gilnean human voice.

The reason I'm posting this is because if you're in a similar situation as me you'll likely find this a very interesting little change that will make you that bit more immersed in your character. If anyone is interested in doing something similar (this is not limited to human voices) I'd happily help out, or if anyone simply wants to make the actual change that I made then I'd happily share it.

I should state that I don't believe this is against the terms and conditions, and it certainly isn't hurting anyone at all. I've had this change active for over six months now without any hassle.

Esturi

Back to top Go down