Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should we all try and focus our RP around Stormwind once again?

+8
Krogon Devilstep
Allonia_Miral
Rhonya Steelheart
Adry
Skarain
Muzjhath
Officer High Morale
Axebane
12 posters

Go down

Should we all try and focus our RP around Stormwind once again? Empty Should we all try and focus our RP around Stormwind once again?

Post by Axebane Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:02 am

Hello everyone! There has been a lot of discussion about the matter that the RP is dying out on Defias and that much can't be denied. The RP is slowly dying. Just about a year ago, Stormwind was full with RP'ers all over the city! You had the Braves, Regis, Shields, Company and every other guild running around doing what they do best. Sure, we had some good and bad moments with a lot of people not agreeing with eachother, but at least it we had the RP. I know a lot of guilds are currently out in Dreanor on the front line to protect the Azeroth or something else, but we really need to start thinking about our RP-hub that is slowly fading away...

Why is it so important that we all should focus our RP around Stormwind or at least do all the casual RP there? Because we need it. Again; the RP-hub is slowly fading away and we need that hub if we don't wanna see this community splitting up, which it currently is. If we all were to spend more time with our casual RP around say the Pig or someplace else, we'd show our faces to the part of the server that doesn't RP and even attract more RP'ers so we can fill out the spots of those we've lost during these hard times of RP. I've been talking with my own guild (Band of the Brave) and we're currently discussing this but I'd like to hear everyones opinion.

Could the RP be saved if we all go back to Stormwind again? Should we do it and if not, what should we do instead?
Axebane
Axebane

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Should we all try and focus our RP around Stormwind once again? Empty Re: Should we all try and focus our RP around Stormwind once again?

Post by Officer High Morale Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:11 am

Stormwind was not full with RPers just about a year ago doe
Even then the amount of RP was pretty small
just had to say that
and yes this is by personal experience which would be like strolling around the city everytime I RPed

Officer High Morale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Should we all try and focus our RP around Stormwind once again? Empty Re: Should we all try and focus our RP around Stormwind once again?

Post by Axebane Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:19 am

Maybe it was not ''full'', but there were heck of a lot more players than it is today. The thing about Defias (in my opinion) is that we've always been a rather small community, but the quality has always been really good! I'm gonna fire some shots by saying this, but I believe that was seperates us from Argent Dawn in general. There's A LOT of players on AD, but the quality is rather low in general. I'm sure there's a lot of great guilds out there, but the general RP on AD is meh.

On Defias, I've always loved the quality. It's the good old Quantity vs Quality I guess...
Axebane
Axebane

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:33 am

There are likely more good roleplayers on AD than on DB.
They just don't hang out in the RP Hubs =D

(just my two cents on Hub areas)
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:47 am

Could you tell me why the "rp community is currently splitting up"? What is your definition of that? I am trying to understand your perspective.

Any case, to answer the question itself.... No. I think roleplaying should be focused in where people want to be roleplaying and to make the most out of that.

While what we speak is mostly the Alliance Perspective, Horde does not seem to have any problems whatsoever being Guild-focused and roleplaying in Draenor. They are often working together to, guild alongside guild (from what i know).

If the majority of people wishes to Roleplay in Draenor, in my view they may roleplay in Draenor. While you worry about your hub, people are quite likely to return there eventually when they have exhaust everything that they think they can be doing in Draenor.

In my case and with The Azure Flame, for us there is no Stormwind to return into. The guild concept resolves around us being unsatisfied with the Alliance and Stormwind represent everything that we detest.

Also while i presume you rest your point in 'return to SW RP' as a hub where guilds and people can find one another and interact, you do not need Stormwind specifically for that. As the Guild Leader of Azure Flame i stay in touch with the other guild leaders and individuals with the intention to create interaction with their guilds and mine out in Draenor. We are by no means 'lacking' interaction despite us being far from Stormwind. Other guilds can be doing the same.

It does not matter where we roleplay, as long as we keep advertisement going - inform people who ask where Roleplaying can be found and be open and friendly to all bystanders and curious people who are intrigued about roleplaying. That is how the community grows and stays healthy.

So in my view, the key point is not where we roleplay, but what we make out of that. The Horde is in here. The Alliance to is now in here. We have the people. It's all only a matter of smacking those folks together and you have more roleplaying and interaction than you could ever dream of.

Ps: Embaari Village seems to be the Alliance RP hub of current in Shadowmoon Valley.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Adry Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:07 pm

Defias is literally no different to AD in terms of quality, and equally no different to every other RP server I've ever been on. This pretentious "AD IS SHIT" mentality is just a load of balls. And frankly, there's nothing wrong with the server as it is. There's still a healthy amount of inter-guild dialogue, and I daresay the quality has improved (in my experience atleast) since the vacation of Stormwind.
Adry
Adry

Character sheet
Name: Lelitha Étoires
Title: Pretend-Champion of the Band of the Brave

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhonya Steelheart Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:19 pm

Skarain wrote:
While what we speak is mostly the Alliance Perspective, Horde does not seem to have any problems whatsoever being Guild-focused and roleplaying in Draenor. They are often working together to, guild alongside guild (from what i know).

We've never truly had an RP hub with the Orcs of the Red Blade for example, and since WoD came out and we went to Draenor, we've had loads of applicants. I can honestly say we're going pretty strong now, perhaps even stronger than last year when everyone was so tired of Pandaria and left. But yes, we hold Horde meetings with all Horde guilds and joined events or campaigns can be discussed there. Which works pretty well so far actually.
Rhonya Steelheart
Rhonya Steelheart

Character sheet
Name: Rhonya Steelheart
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Allonia_Miral Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:57 pm

I guess the only major inter-guild meetings we have Alliance side are council meetings, and most people are bored at those.

Is there something we can learn from Horde meetings to help against this perhaps?
Allonia_Miral
Allonia_Miral

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:09 pm

An equivelent of the "Horde Gathering" for the alliance would be a great idea. 'The Alliance Summit'.

See, simples!
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:17 pm

Allonia_Miral wrote:I guess the only major inter-guild meetings we have Alliance side are council meetings, and most people are bored at those.

Is there something we can learn from Horde meetings to help against this perhaps?
As an observer looking in. What I've understood about the Horde meetings they are basically just guild leaders/officers meeting up to OOCly(maybe ICly) gathering up to discuss what they are up to and to see if any group events are to be planned. And keeping them open for new places (not sure how that works since well, outside observer).
Should be easy enough to organize for willing participants.
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhonya Steelheart Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:38 pm

They're GM or officer, two from each guild, ICly discussing what each guild is doing and what they're going to do, or need help with. The first thread of the meet is here:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Can easily convert that to an alliance thing, I suppose.
Rhonya Steelheart
Rhonya Steelheart

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Beladon Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:57 pm

I think this is what the council is intended for but rarely actually done. I think the use of the ministers sometimes intimidates people, thinking they must have a ministers approval, I used to have arguments with a former GM about the authority they held over our RP.

Currently there is not much wrong with the RP on the server, there are plenty of people Rping, but I admit it must be hard for new to realm players to get involved. In the past week three of the largest RP guilds on alliance side have been stationed out in Draenor. However focusing RP on SW will not solve the problem, it never has in the past.

Recently we're seen a little success with some RP-PvP action around Draenor, a few new to roleplay have been contacting myself and a few other guilds inquiring about RP. I think a larger presence in areas that have lots of players is more important than focusing RP in SW. Stormwind is used as an afk Hub, even less so now with garrisons. And if we look at horde RP, they seem to be doing fine RPing outwith a main city for extended amounts of time. I think instead of moving the RP to SW, we need to move the RP to where the players are.
Beladon
Beladon

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Allonia_Miral Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:02 pm

So that meeting sounds like the one-off thing we had at a Garrison at the start of the expac? That was nice, I liked that gathering.

Yes, more of that please.
Allonia_Miral
Allonia_Miral

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhonya Steelheart Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:19 pm

We hold them every two months now, sort of. The second meeting is planned by the Blood Wolf Clan, later this month. So it's not the same people organising it all the time either, and no one is 'minister' or higher than anyone else, apart from one neutral person who makes sure not everyone talks at the same time icly or goes way off topic. I was that person last meeting and it went perfectly fine. Even Horde can be somewhat organised! Razz
But yes, I think as the others have been saying as well, it's always been the difference a bit between Alliance and Horde, from what I've seen. Alliance tended to stick to SW a lot (At least the guilds that speak out a lot, like Natures grasp for example has their own places and things they stick to for as far as I know.) And Horde usually travels around everywhere, we've only had a few guilds that actually stuck to one place at times.
RP isn't all about having everyone in one city I suppose, but more that you sometimes just need to know where to look for it to find it. And that's the hard thing for new people as well.
Rhonya Steelheart
Rhonya Steelheart

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:50 am

It is kind sad and I have to agree here, the rp is dying and a year ago was better than now, however must guilds and people left to AD and I think the remaining Rpers should focus for now in Stormwind indeed, some rpers ( not many ) are rping in Drenor and that is a bit of a problem for low level rpers, even new one who want to try can't get there or can't even know its happening there so maybe we should try indeed to focus on Stormwind for some time ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Arabella Greene Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:33 am

This exact discussion happened a few months ago on the forums. Scroll down a bit to find it. The conclusion was "don't tell people what to do with their rp."

Rp isn't dead. There are people rping, but at their own pace and their own speed. The alliance is slowly becoming more like the horde is, in terms of rp. It's uncharted territory for most but it's not nessesarily a bad thing. Just new.
Arabella Greene
Arabella Greene

Character sheet
Name: Arabella Greene
Title: Terrible Role Model.

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:37 am

If you're determined there won't be any issue with finding people interested in RP.

Maybe instead of asking people to come to SW if you want people in SW you should do something about it yourself.

There were and are some events being made by the Emiraude, though I myself am not really RPing these days. How about you actually do some research and help people if you have the will to do so.

Here is one of the event posts for the 29th: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Skaraa Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:30 am

With the loss of the Stormwind Regiment and Cartel, and given how busy I am IRL at the moment, I have largely given up on Stormwind. I'm finding it hard to get the time to run the Theatre's events, let alone Council meetings or random RP.

An Alliance Summit (or Alliance 'Horde Gathering') is a very good idea and something I suggested in passing somewhere before. No ministers, just guild leaders; everyone on equal footing doing inter-guild diplomacy. An IC place to organise cross-guild events and exchange stories. Guild leaders/officers do diplomacy, guild members meet and greet. It is a good way to bring people together.
Skaraa
Skaraa

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:06 pm

looking at Thread title - NO

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down