Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] The Bloody Raven, now in business!

+12
Feral / Blackfall
Darkios
Clarke
siegmund
Skarain
Robin Drake
Saintnick
Heirio
GavinRavensmantle
Adry
Officer High Morale
Janard Karn
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[A] The Bloody Raven, now in business! Empty [A] The Bloody Raven, now in business!

Post by Janard Karn Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:18 am

THE BLOODY RAVEN

Greetings to you wonderful patrons of Defias Brotherhood. I come to you today a simple Corsair, wondering if his little gathering of buddies could potentially turn into a popular guild.

Now! Onto the main idea:
                                The main idea is that three people, (And a bundle of redshirts) mutinee'd against their Bloodsail Captain and took his ship. A fully-armed Kul Tiras warship, as most of their ships are unless they're re-purposed trade ships and are looking to go about their own business. But this hasn't come without it's downsides. Now they'll be hunted by said Bloodsail, and not to mention their already criminal lifestyle could pull attention from numerous Guardsmen! And so they should, considering the powerful weapon they now have their hands on. But what can a couple of mutineer's do on their own? This is where the people get involved!

Bloodsail are known for their viscious recruitment techniques like kidnapping and extortion, and these may be revisited amongst the crew of "The Bloody Raven". But ofcourse kidnapping and extortion aren't the only way recruitment can be handled. What about all those people looking to escape their boring work-a-day lives or run away from that clingy lover who stalks you around town? They go to us! Grab a cutlass and a flintlock and escape to a life of freedom, pillaging and gold! Not to mention fun...

That's the general idea of it. Smuggling, mercenary work, bounty hunting and thievery. Not to mention a little bit of plundering. Let's go pillage some villages, I say!

Ranking System:
                    Captain: Janard Karn has no been voted into Captaincy by the remainder of the crew that mutinee'd in the first place. He'll be keeping a hold over the crew and leading their actions in the days to come... You want to fuck with someone? You fuck with him.
                    Mate: The Captain's seconds'. Depending on how much sway they hold amongst the crew, people will hold positions of "First", "Second", "Third" Mates, and so on. Sometimes it's needed to have lots' of "Mates" amongst the crew to make sure each person have their jobs and their supporters.
                    Boatswain: The most trusted and skill members of the crew. People under this rank would be the Head Surgeon, Lead Carpenter and Senior Navigator. These men would answer to one of the Mate's and deliver whatever needs to be delivered onto those beneath their wing.

After these ranks, the system takes more of a "generical" turn, where a rank is only a listing. A single term for what the persons' role is on the ship. Then inside these ranks, their actual sway amongst the crew and how much they are trusted will be recorded in their roster notes.
                         Bladesman: The fighters and swashbucklers of the crew, nothing more to say than that. These people will likely be the ones to go on-shore with the Captain.
                         Gunner: The cannoneer's, riflemen and generic powder-abusing son'bitches that make every sea-battle an annoyance for the enemy crew. The dwarves' of the sea.
                         Sailor: The people in charge of keeping the sails ready and able for venturing out on the sea, the people under the watchful eyes of the Head Navigator. These men and women would need to be agile, strong and have good knowledge of the ship they're working on.

Introductory ranks:
                        Powder Monkey: People in charge of quickly carrying gunpowder from the powderstore in the hull of the ship to the cannons on the main deck. You gotta be quick! You gotta be smart! Get around as fast as you can, and make sure those guns are topped up!
                        Swabbie: The lowest of the low! Welcome to the crew of The Bloody Raven, ye' wee scallywags! Ye'll be wit' us fer a lon'time comin'!

Recruitment Methods:
                           We've decided we'll be taking on all the wonderful recruitment methods tied to that of the Bloodsail and old pirates from history. Kidnapping, buying slaves, hiring from ports and taking onboard marooned marines. So, if any of you have any alts and would be interested in having them recruited in a more exciting way, be sure to tell me!

Contacts: Janard, Steele, Everinth.

Last edited by Janard Karn on Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:34 pm; edited 3 times in total
Janard Karn
Janard Karn

Character sheet
Name: Janard Karn
Title: Ex-Bloodsail Corsair

Back to top Go down

[A] The Bloody Raven, now in business! Empty Re: [A] The Bloody Raven, now in business!

Post by Officer High Morale Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:21 am

Sounds like a lot of fun!

Officer High Morale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

[A] The Bloody Raven, now in business! Empty Re: [A] The Bloody Raven, now in business!

Post by Janard Karn Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:23 am

Officer High Morale wrote:Sounds like a lot of fun!

Counting that as a "Yay!", thank you very muchly!
Janard Karn
Janard Karn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Adry Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:26 am

1. RP isn't dying at all. There has been less RP in Stormwind since the launch of the expansion because of Draenor, but people are slowly coming back. Other than the usual small level of RPers moving to AD every now and then, there has been no 'great exodus' at all. In fact, a lot of former players have came back to WoW, and the server, because of the expansion. So no, RP is not dying here.

2. Having ventured down that path before, I have to advise you to make sure your pirate guild keeps close ties with another guild. Be they trade partners or rivals, it's essential in keeping the RP from getting stale. There isn't a mercantile or pirate guild knocking around at the moment (to my knowledge at least), so the floor is open to you!

3. Don't care if people whine, do as you please. Have fun. Also, guns would actually penetrate plate armour VERY easily, so your example isn't the best!

Best of luck with this. Haven't seen any pirates around in a while. A lot of guilds travel on ships when they're heading to events, so there's always some potential for piracy funtimes.
Adry
Adry

Character sheet
Name: Lelitha Étoires
Title: Pretend-Champion of the Band of the Brave

Back to top Go down

Post by Janard Karn Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:30 am

Adry wrote:1. RP isn't dying at all. There has been less RP in Stormwind since the launch of the expansion because of Draenor, but people are slowly coming back. Other than the usual small level of RPers moving to AD every now and then, there has been no 'great exodus' at all. In fact, a lot of former players have came back to WoW, and the server, because of the expansion. So no, RP is not dying here.

3. Don't care if people whine, do as you please. Have fun. Also, guns would actually penetrate plate armour VERY easily, so your example isn't the best!

Best of luck with this. Haven't seen any pirates around in a while. A lot of guilds travel on ships when they're heading to events, so there's always some potential for piracy funtimes.

Thank you for the feedback. And I meant no offence with my first point, and I do understand a lot of people are in Draenor. But I also know people are leaving. I've had a few of my friends scurry off infact, that's all I meant by it. But thank you for that! And as for the guns, I intend on being very nice with people about them. I'm a good pirate like that. Harhar!

Counting this as a second "Yay!", thank you.
Janard Karn
Janard Karn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinRavensmantle Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:45 am

Yay! I miss pirates. Badly. Nothing else to say.
GavinRavensmantle
GavinRavensmantle

Back to top Go down

Post by Janard Karn Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:46 am

GavinRavensmantle wrote:Yay! I miss pirates. Badly. Nothing else to say.

Then depending on the future Yay or Nay's, you'll soon be wishing we weren't back! Harhar!
Janard Karn
Janard Karn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Heirio Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:55 am

Adry wrote:1. RP isn't dying at all. There has been less RP in Stormwind since the launch of the expansion because of Draenor, but people are slowly coming back. Other than the usual small level of RPers moving to AD every now and then, there has been no 'great exodus' at all. In fact, a lot of former players have came back to WoW, and the server, because of the expansion. So no, RP is not dying here.

2. Having ventured down that path before, I have to advise you to make sure your pirate guild keeps close ties with another guild. Be they trade partners or rivals, it's essential in keeping the RP from getting stale. There isn't a mercantile or pirate guild knocking around at the moment (to my knowledge at least), so the floor is open to you!

For the third, I think it depends on the bullet. For example, modern bullets with rifling would definitely do it, but old flintlocks might have a 50/50 chance.
Heirio
Heirio

Back to top Go down

Post by Saintnick Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:18 am

Thou may haveth my "Yay", Corsair scum.
Saintnick
Saintnick

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Janard Karn Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:55 am

Thank you both, Jack and Nick! Myself and the gang have already created the guild after much ushering in-game and on here! And I'm sure you'll be glad to hear we've already scrounged up a newbie roleplayer from the signatures! Hip-Hip for The Bloody Raven!

Last edited by Janard Karn on Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Janard Karn
Janard Karn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin Drake Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:13 am

Yay. I remember the last pirate scum we down at the Shady Lady had a rivalry with. Should be good opportunity here again look very much forward to meeting you scallywags Very Happy
Robin Drake
Robin Drake

Character sheet
Name: Robin Drake
Title: Wolf of Shady Lady Street

Back to top Go down

Post by Heirio Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:36 am

Please please PLEASE do not go inactive.
Heirio
Heirio

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:50 am

Roleplaying is not dying on here. While the numbers may have declined when compare to Vanilla, that is simply natural as a game grows older. However the merged RP-PvP servers have more than a healthy population, and where there is people, there is people to be lured into the world of Roleplaying.

Just be active about your recruitment, post a macro in trade, post on defiasrp.com, post on Realm Forums(battle.net), post on Roleplaying forums(battle.net) and you won't be lacking members.

As for the concept, i can see it work. In my view, the more diversity we have on the roleplaying scene, the better it is, hence i do welcome your guild of pirates.

I to advice on the rivalry or other bonds with other guilds. Roleplaying in WoW works the best with person-to-person / guild-to-guild interaction, rivalries, allies, arguments and so-on. While you may go on a trip to pillage some village, make sure that it is not the only thing you do, as being in total isolation can rob the color from the face of the guild and cause things go dull and gray.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Janard Karn Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:59 pm

Thank you for all the feedback, guys. And don't worry about rivalries and such, I'm already speaking to Robin about that. Yes. I aim high when it comes to people I want to piss off.
Janard Karn
Janard Karn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Heirio Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:09 pm

Will you be cruel bastards like normal Pirates or will you be "BUT WHY IS THE RUM GONE?!"
Heirio
Heirio

Back to top Go down

Post by Janard Karn Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:28 pm

We'll be cruel bastards alright, but we'll definately be angry and confused if the rum runs out! You can bet yer' beard on tha'!
Janard Karn
Janard Karn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Heirio Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:44 pm

C'mon, we need Jack Sparrow.
Heirio
Heirio

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:01 pm

I think we've all had enough of Jack Sparrow. A few movies enough of him.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Janard Karn Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:06 pm

No Jack Sparrow's here. Maybe a tropical version that isn't constantly drunk, but hey-ho!
Janard Karn
Janard Karn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarke Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:35 pm

You get a huge "Yay" and a "YAARGH!" from me! At long last, some new piracy in the making. Might be making myself a new pirate!
Clarke
Clarke

Character sheet
Name: James Clarke
Title: The Lionheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Janard Karn Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:28 pm

We'd gladly have you, Clarke! Just gimme a shout if you ever come around to it!
Janard Karn
Janard Karn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarke Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:29 pm

Absolutely, I will!
Clarke
Clarke

Character sheet
Name: James Clarke
Title: The Lionheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Janard Karn Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:31 pm

Be sure to contact me in-game for lots of information, Clarke! And anyone else who's interested!
Janard Karn
Janard Karn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Janard Karn Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:37 pm

Question for all of you! The crew is looking to dock into Stormwind at this very moment and were looking at the empty galleon. Is that currently taken by anyone or could we infact snag it for our guild headquarters?
Janard Karn
Janard Karn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin Drake Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:52 pm

As far as I'm aware with the Crimson Rose not really being around all that often you shouldn't have too many people coming down to that boat apart from the every now-and-then "We need to use a boat" rpers.
Robin Drake
Robin Drake

Character sheet
Name: Robin Drake
Title: Wolf of Shady Lady Street

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next