Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First aid?

+15
Ferrius
Zhakiri
Cathee Norris
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Thelos
Muzjhath
Amaryl
Ixirar
Thondalar Stormleaf
nope
Allonia_Miral
Lyniath
Helmut
siegmund
Heirio
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

First aid? Empty First aid?

Post by Heirio Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:42 pm

Is there any place where I could read up and learn about first aid and how to do it? Because I think I will need it in the future for my characters, but I only have limited knowledge of it OOC.
Heirio
Heirio

Back to top Go down

First aid? Empty Re: First aid?

Post by siegmund Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:08 pm

You probably are gonna need to know it in real life too.

Though for the purpuse of RP and keeping it simple i'm sure there might be some sort of guides around on this page and around as well as topics on stuff related to it. Now i can't really remember anything specific...

But this is one good thing to look at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The most common and basic stuff that might come up in RP
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmut Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:09 pm

Google first aid, watch videos of people pussing on bandages and gauze.
Helmut
Helmut

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:13 pm

First video on youtube.

Legit nuff I'm sure
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyniath Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:50 pm

Will just add that people who use Magical Healing are literally the worst.
Lyniath
Lyniath

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Allonia_Miral Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:02 pm

I am saddened to see I belong among one of the literally worst people on earth ;_;
Allonia_Miral
Allonia_Miral

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyniath Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:17 pm

Allonia_Miral wrote:I am saddened to see I belong among one of the literally worst people on earth ;_;

Soz XD
I've just had too many good potential RP situations ruined by "X instantly waves his hand over the would and you are perfectly healed"
Lyniath
Lyniath

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by nope Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:38 pm

Sometimes I quickly google "how the fuck do i treat a burn" during an Rp. Doesn't even interrupt the flow of stuff all that much for me. I don't even feel particularly informed about it and it helped with immersion for me personally.
nope
nope

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:09 am

Magical healing can be done in a fun way too and to not make it "just wave a hand" in some cases it's better to take the easy way out and just do that.

But you can't always just wave a hand especially if the person has something in their wound or honestly a lot of things can complicate it a bit! Nor does magic healing always fix you up back to 100%

It is taken for granted though yeah and a easy solution.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Thondalar Stormleaf Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:02 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is pretty good. If not, I just google the wounds I deal with when I rp. Smile

Thaldir (on Azeroth) can teach you medicine IC, as well as herbology and alchemy.

I like both natural healing and magical healing (on Thondalar), and often combine both in long, descriptive emotes and healing, if I have time for it.
Thondalar Stormleaf
Thondalar Stormleaf

Character sheet
Name: Simaria
Title: Little Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Swan Emperor Arenfel Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:25 am

Lyniath wrote:Will just add that people who use Magical Healing are literally the worst.

I'm going to make sure everybody heals you magically from now on.

I don't get this?

Is it the length of the emotes? Is it the convenience? Seems like one of those silly opinions people bandwaggon for the sake of playing devil's advocate. You can be just as ridiculous and overbearing through mundane methods of healing as you can with any of Warcraft's multitude of healing spells yo.
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Swan Emperor Arenfel

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:42 am

/e applies bandages to the wound
/s Okay guys, that's that, good job.

I'm such a good RPer :-)
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:17 am

/e Accidentally sticks the scalpel in %T's heart, making it bleed until he passes out and dies.
/S Damn, should a used magic.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:32 pm

Swan Emperor Arenfel wrote:
Lyniath wrote:Will just add that people who use Magical Healing are literally the worst.

I'm going to make sure everybody heals you magically from now on.

I don't get this?

Is it the length of the emotes? Is it the convenience? Seems like one of those silly opinions people bandwaggon for the sake of playing devil's advocate. You can be just as ridiculous and overbearing through mundane methods of healing as you can with any of Warcraft's multitude of healing spells yo.
In my case it's the "instant fix".
I just personally don't see the point in why allow yourself to get injured if you're not going to RP being it for more than thirty minutes.

So, if someone role plays medical healing as "Speeding it up", "Making sure the bone sets right", and other non "LOL MIRACLE!" Things I have absolutely no issue with it.
In a lore setting I've got no problem with the instant thing as a concept. Just that it is incredibly boring in play as it negates potential fun.
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

First aid? Empty First aid sources

Post by Guest Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:34 pm

Lannael Ven'Renn wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is pretty good. If not, I just google the wounds I deal with when I rp. Smile

Th same here, both the forum and google are good to get your information. Plus you can always ask experienced role players for advice. Some of them are real life medics.

I learned most by asking or following other role players and the rest by forums. And there is always cold straight logic to guide you in life.

Patient: I got a headache when I press on my head.
Doctor: Stop pressing then.
Patient: Oh.
Doctor: That will be 5 gold.

Healing is healing whether natural or magical. The immersion factor is set be the players who wield it. Longer and more descriptive emotes can add to this immersion.

But time spend on a treatment depends on the healer and the patient. The healer can be short in time and do you really want to wait until tomorrow for being mend? Also for the patients, they don't want to be kept too long as they like to run off again to their certain deaths. After a while you know who wants the royal treatment and who not.

I tend to use both natural and magical and sometimes even combine them if the situation allows it. If we only would use natural healing then half of Stormwind would walk on crutches and the trolls would have been extinct because of our troll blood addiction. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:35 pm

No, people who mortally wound their characters every odd session and then force you to spend three hours or more treating them while you'd rather be out doing something entertaining are literally the worst.

Also:

Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:09 pm

Yeah, the problem with medical RP that as the healer you're 90% of the time just a prop. There's no back-and-forth, it's solely about the needs of the injured.

If you do go the first-aid-surgery route  99% the time people get bored and pissed off.

if you go the, here: blessing you're fixed, people get pissed off for not getting their RP.

And regardless which situation is picked - they'll be taking gunshots within the hour or the next day as if nothing happened.

People should stop giving healers crap - we don't do it because it's interesting RP that explores characters and their relationship.

Last edited by Amaryl on Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Thondalar Stormleaf Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:32 pm

Aslaya Oathkeeper wrote: If we only would use natural healing then half of Stormwind would walk on crutches and the trolls would have been extinct because of our troll blood addiction. Smile

Good thing Trolls blood Elixir don't contain actual trolls blood then. XD
Thondalar Stormleaf
Thondalar Stormleaf

Character sheet
Name: Simaria
Title: Little Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:35 pm

Lannael Ven'Renn wrote:Good thing Trolls blood Elixir don't contain actual trolls blood then. XD

Oh, silly of me. I should have looked that up first. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:37 pm

Amaryl wrote:People should stop giving healers crap - we don't do it because it's interesting RP that explores characters and their relationship.
I never give healers crap. I only give crap to people who abuse WoW magic as to always get heroically/critically/mortally injured but never deal with it for more than "MEDIC!"
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Swan Emperor Arenfel Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:44 pm

Muzjhath wrote:
Amaryl wrote:People should stop giving healers crap - we don't do it because it's interesting RP that explores characters and their relationship.
I never give healers crap. I only give crap to people who abuse WoW magic as to always get heroically/critically/mortally injured but never deal with it for more than "MEDIC!"

Honestly there's nothing wrong with instant fixes. When I played my other healers, I would genuinely just bullshit a reason to have it done instantly because I'm not going to waste my time on some one who repeatedly demands primadona star treatment for each and every wound.

I'd rather "miss out on potential fun", than spent an hour on someone who will respond to the healing with the literary equivalent of a children's popup book and show zero signs of gratitude imo.
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Swan Emperor Arenfel

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:04 pm

As healing and medicine has become a rather hot topic lately, I revived this sub-section to try and gather it and organize it a bit here. There has been a similar discussion there regarding this, first aid vs. healing Smile

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Name: Cathee Piner
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:07 pm

I think people put too much emphasis on how other people RP out injuries. Why is that any of your business? If I get injured ICly, I'm going to stay injured for exactly as long as it is convenient and interesting to me and adds something that increases my enjoyment of my RP. If that means a month, I'll be injured for a month. If it means a year, I'll be injured for a year. But if it means getting severely injured at 8 and being healthy by 10, then I will be injured for 2 hours and that's it.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:09 pm

Swan Emperor Arenfel wrote:
Muzjhath wrote:

Honestly there's nothing wrong with instant fixes. When I played my other healers, I would genuinely just bullshit a reason to have it done instantly because I'm not going to waste my time on some one who repeatedly demands primadona star treatment for each and every wound.

I'd rather "miss out on potential fun", than spent an hour on someone who will respond to the healing with the literary equivalent of a children's popup book and show zero signs of gratitude imo.

And you missed my point. My issue isn't as much with the instant fix as the people who abuse it to constantly be hurt with no downsides. Generally those who demand the most of a healers time since they get hurt at every opportunity.
They'll come in bleeding from an artery or a severe compound fracture and "I NEED HELP!"
Then after the healer patches them up. "Thanks, I'll come again!"
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Swan Emperor Arenfel Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:17 pm

Well. Whatever floats your boat!

I wonder if Tauren rogues are also Tauren surgeons. They're so good at their job you never have to visit them.
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Swan Emperor Arenfel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum