Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Chistmas Tournament.

3 posters

Go down

The Chistmas Tournament. Empty The Chistmas Tournament.

Post by Athia Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:09 am

What is this?
For the third time, an annual Christmas tournament will take place. This year the tournament will take place over three days:

- Friday 26th
- Saturday 27th
- Sunday 28th of December.

There will be one/two events/exercise each day. Approximately time will show in the in-game calendar.

How to register for the tournament can be found at the end of the thread.

History?
As mentioned above, for several years, I’ve been hosting a Christmas tournament on different realms. This year, it will take place on Defias Brotherhood. During the tournament, your skills, creative thinking, execution and knowledge will be tested. There is no requirement of neither gear nor level. Every event/exercise can be executed by anyone.

Rules?
In some exercises will neither mount nor potions be allowed. In other exercises will, or might be, special abilities like; stealth, leap, fly or levitate also be prohibited. This will be told and given in advance of the exercise.

Requirement?
As mentioned earlier, there is no requirement of neither gear nor level. However, VoiP will be required. We will be using Raid Call for this Christmas event. Raid Call is free and can be downloaded at their sites. Furthermore, there is also a requirement to sets of 2-6 hours during each tournament day.

Participant price?
To do this both cheap, but as well as a worth full prize, I’ve decided a price of 100g pr. player, pr day (includes of two exercises). One hundred gold is neither too much nor too little. Every payment needs be done at least two days before the tournament.

How many can partake?
For now, I have set to a maximum total of 30 people. This can be changed if there is great interest.

What exercises are there?
Last year we had an exercise called “The naked mile”. This was a marathon where you had to make a level 1 character. The goal was to reach Booty Bay first. Everyone had to start in SW at the same time. This was great fun, and everyone enjoyed it.

This year, I can promise one exercise that will be executed. The name of the exercise is: “The Parkour of Stormwind”.

Award?
As you probably hope, yes there will be a prize involved. As in a normal tournament, the prize will be shared respectively between 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. The total amount of collected gold will be shared between respectively 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.

- For 3rd place: 15% of the total sum.
- For 2nd place: 30% of the total sum.
- For 1st place: 55% of the total sum.

The prize pool itself depends on the amount of participants.

How do I win?
After each exercise points will be awarded. In total, maximum, you can award 7 points, pr. exercise. Rules are as follows: Whoever comes at the first place will get 7 points, second 6 points, third 5 points and it follows. You get it. The player(s) who has the most points by the end of the day (after two exercise) wins the prize.

Day & time?
The tournament will take place from Friday 26th to Sunday 28th of December. However, you do not need to participate every day. After each day, a winner will be announced. To make it simple: To join on Friday, pay 100g. You can now partake in the exercises this day. If 30 people joins, equals 3000g. This sum will be divided and shared among 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

If you want to partake another day, the same instructions as above. Think of this as paying a ticket for a concert or a cinema. You pay and attend. Made simple, easy for you, easy for me.  

How to register?
I have created a google docs form where you can easily to fill in your character name. Link you can find below:

- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

After you’ve typed your name in the form, please contact me personally in the game. It is best to contact me while I'm online. But an in-game mail can also be sent. It is important that you sign up on the spreadsheet if you want to partake. You'll also get an ingame calendar invite later on. Just as a reminder.

I wish you all a Merry Christmas.

May you all participate.

Best regards:

Athia

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update: [December 22nd]

Friday 26th: Opening ceremony followed by two (2) exercises. I've decided to announce the two first exercises on Friday. What I can tell is that it will be determined in Stormwind. Two parkour courses will be on the agenda. However, the actual course will not be given or told.

Keyword: Creative thinking.

Last edited by Athia on Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Athia

Back to top Go down

The Chistmas Tournament. Empty Re: The Chistmas Tournament.

Post by NicholasBullard (Taph) Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:32 am

Would you like us to make this IC, or will this not be a roleplaying event?

I couldn't get it out of the context, but the mention of lvl 1 characters in the example made me lean towards it being an OOC event.

Either way! It sounds fun and I will tell my friends about it, and try to attend myself as well!
NicholasBullard (Taph)
NicholasBullard (Taph)

Character sheet
Name: Taph Gibson
Title: Captain of the Gilneas Platoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Athia Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:20 am

@NicholasBullard (Taph):

If you want to be IC or OOC is really up to you, simple as that. There isn’t any rules whether you want to RP through the tournament (IC) or stay for the competition/rivalry OOC. By opening for all, and everyone, to participate is what people like the most about this tournament for the past years.

Hope to see you there.

Athia

Back to top Go down

Post by Heirio Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:12 pm

Seems good. Does the Raidcall require a microphone?
Heirio
Heirio

Back to top Go down

Post by Athia Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:34 pm

No, a microphone is not required. However, why we want everyone on Raid Call is to prevent as much typing as possible. Typing are time-consuming.

Athia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down