Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] Gathering the forces - Monday 15th of December

+4
Adry
Blackreed
Allonia_Miral
Raene
8 posters

Go down

[A] Gathering the forces - Monday 15th of December Empty [A] Gathering the forces - Monday 15th of December

Post by Raene Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:39 am

"Fortifications are good Commander. Whilst there's always room to upgrade our current buildings, the outer walls stand strong with only the finest of the Alliances quarried stone. We've got a bright future ahead of us here." Baros Alexston boasts as he clears the clutter around his drawing table, folding away the blueprints into their Pandaren style scrolls and dropping them right into the waiting arms of his Dwarven Assistant Brightstone.

"Brights the right word there sir, ye've gone an' used white stone. If th' Iron Horde come knockin' with them ships a their's they just need to look fer the brightest buildin' in Shado'moon." she complains as she follows behind him, barely able to peer over the growing stack of blueprints.

"Where I come from, apprentices are often seen, and not heard." Lieutenant Thorn snaps, shooting a hazing glance at the Dwarf with her golden eye. Brushing off the burly Dwarfs cheery smile, the Gilnean Officer grips her own set of papers, stacking them neatly on the desk for a more detailed perusal later. "Commander, these are the latest reports from the Talons in regards to personnel, the last Field Marshals group has been found. It seems the 157th made it, rescued by Field Marshal Silversongs collective no less. This should account for approximately ninety percent of the auxillary Stormwind Forces not directly affiliated with the Vanguard." she elaborates, a look of fierce determination burning a hole through the wooden chair to the mysterious figure on the other side. The Commander had yet to make any signs of acknowledgement and were it not for the slowly stirred glass of water rotating around in the Commanders grasp it wouldn't be too difficult to imagine they had fallen asleep during the extensive nights briefing.

Rising from relative obscurity, it's said that when the engimatic Commander appeared upon Azeroths battlefields, the Alliance would be forever changed for the better. Rumours had always surrounded the Commanders origins, but this paled in comparison to the rumours surrounding their actions whilst in the service. From their ability to shoot the wings off a butterfly at a mile out with both bow and rifle, to their incredible strength rumoured to be able to feel a great oak in a single swing. A champion of the Light, an Archdruid, an Archmage, a High Elementalist, a Dark Lord, a Hero, a Heroine, a Gnome, a Night Elf, a Draenei and Gilnean. To the masses, the Commander was all of these things and more. In some circles, the debate of the 'Commanders' existence was dismissed as a mere rumour as a means to bolster morale of this impeccable Soldier, and even Thorn was amongst those skeptical of the Commanders legacy. Perhaps it was the Commanders own idea to keep their history and lineage shrouded in mystery Thorn mused, a way to shroud some dark forgotten past or to inspire some other obscure potential hero to step out from the shadows.

Whoever the Commander was previously however was for naught. She had no use for a fable to inspire her, no need for a legend to fall a tree for her, what she needed was for her Commander to give her direction and to stop listening passively. As she opened her mouth to try and coerce the Commander into making a move, the rotating glass in the Commanders wrist abruptly stopped, cutting her off with the hauntingly powerful voice of the mysterious figure.

"Equip the Talons with maps, and begin penning letters of summons to the Garrison so that we can begin preparing for the next move. Additionally, send a requisition order for some of Khadgars best mages. If we're going to prepare hosting for the Alliance, we're going to need to make sure we can bring in suitable materials to restock them with materials, and allow for circulation of forces between the rested and the injured." they explained, their voice monotonal and bland, stripped of any defining features or telltale characteristics, a clearly well practiced skill. "Is there anything else, Lieutenant Thorn."

Baros looked on at the two, his gaze always drifting back to focus squarely on the Lieutenant who had only just begun to relax her tensed shoulders with a light exhale after the Commander had finished speaking. "There is the matter of a memorial service for the late Admiral... I know how much he meant to you."

"Don't assume to know my mind, Lieutenant Thorn. I'll deal with that matter personally. That'll be all Lieutenant." the Commander finished before returning to the slow swirling of the half drunk water glass.

"... Am not being funny, but he's 'ardly gone is he?" the bright eyed Dwarf muttered lowly to the daydreaming Baros, snapping him out of his longing stare at the hardy Gilnean officer.

OOC Information: This is my personal attempt at trying to bring the Alliance forces into a set period of time in line with Blizzards lore. This is not the platform for people to say "This is what X guild is doing" or "This is what Y character is up to" in regard to lore, this is a collective attempt to bring everyone into a line that is compliant with Blizzards established lore.

It's also an introduction to the mysterious 'Commander' figure that would be the player character, which I feel is an important part of the WoD narrative. Whilst this Commander wouldn't have any active affect on anyones individual RP, it opens up the platform for people to use the 'Commander' as and when they see fit when it comes to the Alliances greater narrative.

For the sake of this "Gathering the Forces" event, a Level 3 Garrison would be used where the Commanders/Guild Leaders speak of what they're trying to achieve in the Town Hall whilst the rest of the Alliance forces would get to mingle about in the rest of the Garrison awaiting orders.

Additionally, this would open up the opportunity to use portals ICly to get people to and from Stormwind. For the sake of the day, travel to and from Stormwind would be up and available for anyone to use, but after the day, portal use would be restricted again to important Alliance-critical use, and routine movements limited to certain days of the week similar to what Ashal Anore is doing.

THIS IS NOT REPRESENTATIVE OF WILD TEMPEST, OR ITS MEMBERS. THIS IS AN INDIVIDUAL EFFORT UNAFFILIATED WITH MY GUILD. SKARAIN HOLDS THE FINAL SAY IN REGARDS TO WILD TEMPESTS DIRECTION OR INVOLVEMENT IN THIS PROPOSED EVENT

Edit: The "Talons" in this story, are Druids of the Talon. Stationed within the level 3 Garrison, they'd be used as messengers by shapeshifting into their Bird forms. This should mean that no matter where you are, so long as you aren't deliberately hiding or trying to RP that you're extensively lost, you should receive a summons and directions to the Garrison.
Raene
Raene

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

[A] Gathering the forces - Monday 15th of December Empty Re: [A] Gathering the forces - Monday 15th of December

Post by Raene Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:39 pm

Double posting because I'm a shitlord!

[12:15:41] Ixirar: Not sure what the point of that thread is. What're you hoping to accomplish with it?
[12:17:20] Dexter/Senariul: For the past few weeks, people have been establishing their own lore on what has happened, and what hasn't happened and where. Due to phasing, a lot of guilds that claim to be in one area, might not see another guild in that same area thus creating a mixed narrative.
[12:17:24] Dexter/Senariul: Karabor is a prime example of that.
[12:18:36] Dexter/Senariul: This would be a chance for all the guilds to get together ICly, plan together if they so wish, relay what narrative they've found and to set a baseline for what people want to RP as having happened. For instance, some guild might want to RP out the defense of Shattrath, and another guild might want to jump in on that, whereas another Guild might say "Naw, we cleared that."
[12:18:50] Dexter/Senariul: It stops people from stepping on each others toes, and lets people be considerate of what others have RP'd, or want to RP.
[12:20:23] Dexter/Senariul: It also opens up Azeroth again to a bunch of guilds that haven't yet accepted the use of portals, and keeps the narrative of the server in compliance with Blizz lore, whilst putting the responsibility of this time and space altering portals onto a bunch of NPC's as opposed to player characters. That should stop people coming out with the inevitable arguement of "But Khadgar only managed it for a short time, you're not Khadgar!"
Raene
Raene

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

[A] Gathering the forces - Monday 15th of December Empty Re: [A] Gathering the forces - Monday 15th of December

Post by Allonia_Miral Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:13 pm

This is at 8.00 server time I assume? Or did I miss the time?

I put it in our guild calendar for those interested Smile
Allonia_Miral
Allonia_Miral

Back to top Go down

Post by Raene Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:32 pm

Yup, my bad. 2000 server time this upcoming monday!
Raene
Raene

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackreed Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:21 pm

Any info about whose Garrison the event will use?
Blackreed
Blackreed

Character sheet
Name: Owen Blackreed
Title: Sir

Back to top Go down

Post by Adry Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:36 pm

Might be mine
Adry
Adry

Character sheet
Name: Lelitha Étoires
Title: Pretend-Champion of the Band of the Brave

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:48 pm

Blackreed wrote:Any info about whose Garrison the event will use?
I doubt it does matter much, as long as we are all in the same raid group and whoever happens to be the leader have a level 3 Garrison.

For the sake of this "Gathering the Forces" event, a Level 3 Garrison would be used where the Commanders/Guild Leaders speak of what they're trying to achieve in the Town Hall whilst the rest of the Alliance forces would get to mingle about in the rest of the Garrison awaiting orders.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:51 pm

The chosen garrison should have an inn at least. A barracks would be great too. These buildings are great for RP.

I like the idea of materialising the Commander, so long as we don't ever meet them!
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Adry Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:14 pm

Seems it'll be my garrison. I have an inn and a barracks and a mage tower and things, np
Adry
Adry

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Raene Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:51 pm

Skarains right, so long as 'a' Garrison is used, it doesn't really matter. I do know I'd rather have a Alliancey dominated Garrison with big tall buildings of white stone as opposed to a mess of buildings that don't look very impressive at all.

Adry's volunteered their Garrison for me, and they claim it fits that bill quite nicely so I'll probably request that Adry hosts it with her Garrison.

If more than 40 people turn up a second Garrison might be used to host all of those wishing to be there in some capacity.

What's important to note is that this is an 'open' event. Meaning that anyone who wishes to take active part in the Town Hall discussion are more than welcome to. For the sake of cutting down on spam, I'll politely request that those just wishing to listen in cut away and get a copy of the logs later.
Raene
Raene

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackreed Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:52 pm

Blackreed will just come for the portals Razz
Blackreed
Blackreed

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dedreen Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:16 am

Hello there Smile

Is this event still going to happen? Me and some people from my guild Ostatnie Przymierze are interested in joining you. We like your idea Smile

I will be glad if you write to me in-game -> Dedreen
Dedreen
Dedreen

Character sheet
Name: Vindicator Dedreen
Title: the Fearless

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:44 am

Pretty sure it's still happening, no one said it wouldn't!
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:08 pm

Dedreen wrote:Hello there Smile

Is this event still going to happen? Me and some people from my guild Ostatnie Przymierze are interested in joining you. We like your idea Smile

I will be glad if you write to me in-game -> Dedreen
Haip. Still going to happen. I'll toss you a Calendar invite on Dedreen as a reminder and so that you can copy it on your guilds calendar if you wish.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Dedreen Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:36 pm

Will be nice for Calendar invite Smile
I will show with my few guildmates.
Dedreen
Dedreen

Character sheet
Name: Vindicator Dedreen
Title: the Fearless

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackreed Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:22 pm

It was a cool event, thanks.
Blackreed
Blackreed

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Adry Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:05 pm

The Meeting Log:

Unrelated image:

Thanks for wiping your feet on the way out of my garrison.
Adry
Adry

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down