Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] Shipwrecked, Monday 18th July

5 posters

Go down

[A] Shipwrecked, Monday 18th July Empty [A] Shipwrecked, Monday 18th July

Post by Maelmoor Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:23 pm

Shipwrecked

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

IC:
Ewold fought to keep the ship on course but with sails shredded by the wind and a rudder that hardly responded it was a battle he couldn't win. Waves shook the ship, beating her up like a man in battle-rage, tossing her back and forth, already damaged by the powerful force each hit took a hefty toll on her. Rain kept pouring and the wind howled, darkness surrounded them, only the lightning lit up the world accompanied by thunder.

For several hours they had fought against the storm, only to be in the mercy of it, no matter how many years he had sailed the seas of Azeroth, he was as scared as everyone else onboard. Captain Misworth was missing, washed overboard by a massive wave that took out several of the crewmembers, leaving a limping crew to try and rescue the passengers and the cargo. There was no safe place for them to be, staying below deck would bury them as in a tomb if the ship went down, staying on deck and they would meet the same fate as the captain.

Memories of that dreadful night many years ago flashed by, where the Seagull went down outside of Menethil Harbour, he was lucky to survive then, he doubted that he would be as fortunate this time. Another wave crashed into the side of the ship, almost capsizing the ship. Lady Danora was well-built, she had seen much on her voyages from Stormwind and across the great sea but tonight it wouldn't help, no ship in the world could have survived the wrath that was thrown upon them.

"Donny, we won't last much longer, get everyone on the deck before it's too late!" he managed to shout, he saw Donny nod to him and rush down. Soon after most were out on deck, pale by fear, with eyes red of tears, some seemed calm, waiting for the final moment, ready to face whatever fate would come. No one saw the rogue wave, as it swallowed the ship, throwing everyone on deck overboard before breaking the Lady in half. Ewold heard it..then it all became black.

OOC:
When: Starting on Monday 18th July, depending on the interest it could last two days or two weeks.
Where: Starting in Stormwind Harbour at 20:00

This is based on an event we did many years ago, we will start off on a ship that is lost in a storm, those surviving will end up shipwrecked on a remote island with only a few resources at hand. Then it is up to everyone to survive. This will replace the Weekly RP Spot for the coming week(s) and is an excellent opportunity for something different than the usual tavern or meeting based RP. You may bring your main, an alt or even create a new character, the only thing required is for you to have an IC reason to be on the ship, sailing from Stormwind to Darnassus.

We will start on Monday 18th July and RP every evening (maybe during day time and night as well!), maybe this will last two-three days, maybe a week or two, we will see. There will be some events on the island but otherwise there will be room for creativity, I just ask to not bring a mage that can create a portal! Wink

Location will be revealed when I know roughly how many will join but it will be a in a low level area, to make it easy to access but the event will start in Stormwind Harbour.

Idea is that this will be a come and go event, you can join in for an hour of RP when you feel for it, hopefully it will be busy during the evenings, just remember that the character you choose to join with will be there ICly for the duration of the event (we will try to make a briefing each evening so you can be up to date)

For questions or if you want a calendar invite in the game please poke me here or in-game.

Last edited by Maelmoor on Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
Maelmoor
Maelmoor

Back to top Go down

[A] Shipwrecked, Monday 18th July Empty Re: [A] Shipwrecked, Monday 18th July

Post by Jormus Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:21 pm

Sounds dope, sign me up.
Jormus
Jormus

Location : Milliways, the Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Character sheet
Name: Jormus Darrowfell
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Blazesong Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:32 am

Might have to find a reason for mages showing up to not go instant "lolportal"
Charlie Blazesong
Charlie Blazesong

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:39 am

Break an arm, hit your head = can't spellcast.

Even if healed, continue a major headache that just won't go away.

One reason suitable?
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Maelmoor Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:21 pm

Thanks for the feedback yeah that sounds like a good way to handle it!
Maelmoor
Maelmoor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:53 pm

Could go with something simple from back in the old days. "I think my bag of portal runes sunk to the bottom of the sea with the ship...FUCK."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sehlune Aahroney Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:14 pm

I would reaaaally love to join but there's a problem. I will be traveling at that time on Friday. Is there any way I could join later that night or next day? Only have to figure out a way for me to be on the island.
Maybe I was on the ship from the beginning but I was beached off the other shore of the island and I managed to find you later? /shrug
Sehlune Aahroney
Sehlune Aahroney

Back to top Go down

Post by Maelmoor Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:25 pm

Sehlune Aahroney wrote:I would reaaaally love to join but there's a problem. I will be traveling at that time on Friday. Is there any way I could join later that night or next day? Only have to figure out a way for me to be on the island.
Maybe I was on the ship from the beginning but I was beached off the other shore of the island and I managed to find you later? /shrug

Absolutely, the intention is that people can join in when they can. I will write a summary here about the first day so your character can be up to date Smile
Maelmoor
Maelmoor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sehlune Aahroney Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:27 am

Thank you Very Happy
Sehlune Aahroney
Sehlune Aahroney

Back to top Go down

Post by Maelmoor Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:54 pm

Moving this to Monday 18th July as people couldn't attend this weekend, sorry for the inconvenience.
Maelmoor
Maelmoor

Back to top Go down

Post by Maelmoor Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:06 pm

Postponed again til later, new date will be announced, will target after summer instead.
Maelmoor
Maelmoor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down