Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recreating old character

+15
Vaell
Nare
Charlie Blazesong
Raenmar
Eve
Sam
Adry
Officer High Morale
siegmund
Izzifix
Ixirar
Thondalar Stormleaf
Arabella Greene
nope
Tnecniw
19 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Recreating old character - Page 3 Empty Re: Recreating old character

Post by Charlie Blazesong Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:08 pm

Lexgrad wrote:
Arabella Greene wrote:
Sam wrote:
Lexgrad wrote:IRL spiders are not hunter pets.  There is a reason they choose to hunt foxes with hounds over spiders.

Do they still hunt foxes? I rather have them do it with spiders, so they can't even properly hunt. Boh.
This is what I thought lex but apparently I am being a "typical defias dick head" for using common sense. *Shrug*

I do sometimes wonder how many domestic cats would it take to kill a small deer.  

No clue Lex, my old cat used to chase foxes, but guys.. Remember that a lot of RL stuff don't really apply to WoW, it's a fantasy universe for a reason. As to how one would tame spiders, thats a mystery but I am sure someone would come wit ha plausible way for it to work. The majority of WoW spiders are also huge in comparison to most RL spiders, imagine those creepers if the graphics had been realistic and not cartoony.. Now I'm just rambling randomly, I'll stop myself. Peace.
Charlie Blazesong
Charlie Blazesong

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigs Morgan Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:23 pm

If you want to make a spider man/woman just make one. If you make it and it turns out to be lorelol and shitty and stupid scrap it or reforge. E Z solution.
Brigs Morgan
Brigs Morgan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:30 pm

Lexgrad wrote:IRL spiders are not hunter pets.

Neither are bears, but Rexxar has one.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet
Name: Raenmar Alric
Title: Commander, Druid of the Wild

http://gilneas.guildlaunch.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Arabella Greene Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:32 pm

Brigs Morgan wrote:If you want to make a spider man/woman just make one. If you make it and it turns out to be lorelol and shitty and stupid scrap it or reforge.  E Z solution.
Edit: also on a separate note, the "it's a fantasy" argument only goes so far. If you use that to describe everything, rp becomes a pointless venture with no stakes. Lore stops meaning anything because everything can be solved by magic hence making the setting pointless and bland. Don't use that argument. Use plausibility and get a stronger basis of origin otherwise the plot might as well have Deus Ex Machima every 5 seconds and we all are deathwing

Last edited by Arabella Greene on Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to)
Arabella Greene
Arabella Greene

Character sheet
Name: Arabella Greene
Title: Terrible Role Model.

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:27 pm

Arabella Greene wrote: rp becomes a pointless venture with no stakes.

This is any and all RP. specifically on DB. There are no stakes. And it is pointless. However it is fun. and that's enough for people on this forum to do RP.

I mean the entirety of RP can be summed up as: Hey lets go into a fantasy world and pretend we're someone else to have some fun, while I am the surpreme master of my own fate and no-one can force me to do anything i don't want.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:56 am

Arabella Greene wrote:
Brigs Morgan wrote:If you want to make a spider man/woman just make one. If you make it and it turns out to be lorelol and shitty and stupid scrap it or reforge.  E Z solution.
Edit: also on a separate note, the "it's a fantasy" argument only goes so far. If you use that to describe everything, rp becomes a pointless venture with no stakes. Lore stops meaning anything because everything can be solved by magic hence making the setting pointless and bland. Don't use that argument. Use plausibility and get a stronger basis of origin otherwise the plot might as well have Deus Ex Machima every 5 seconds and we all are deathwing

It's an entirely valid argument in this case. Spiders can be tamed because it's fantasy, just like dragons exist because it's fantasy. It's not inconsistent with the lore.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet
Name: Raenmar Alric
Title: Commander, Druid of the Wild

http://gilneas.guildlaunch.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:58 am

If you want high stake RP go to Prologue where PVP is default conflict resolution and asshole players can inflict perma death on your toon.

Then come back to DB a month later because high stakes aren't necessarily good (I love prologue but honestly for a casual RPer it's really not ideal because I don't wanna dedicate tons of time into making my char progress beyond "Sack of potatoes" in terms of survivability)
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Arabella Greene Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:09 am

I guess this because I am someone that avoids tavern rp, because I find it mind numbingly boring
Arabella Greene
Arabella Greene

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:49 am

No no, even conflict RP has no stakes, because nothing happens that you don't want to happen.

Which is the source of 96% of all the drama when people don't do what you want them to do.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Arabella Greene Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:45 am

As I said earlier. At the end of the day, no one here can physically stop the OP doing what they want. If they want to make a spider lady, make a spider lady.
Arabella Greene
Arabella Greene

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Raene Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:03 am

Could always be a Nightmare Druid. They use Spiders and other nasty creepy crawlies as their "Totems".

But then pretty much everyone would be trying to kill you, as you'd be trying to kill everyone and every last bit of nature.

You'd basically be the equivalent of a Saturday morning cartoon villain character. Constantly evil with no redeeming features, or deeper backstory than being a punching bag for the 'righteous' characters.
Raene
Raene

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:06 am

Arabella Greene wrote:As I said earlier. At the end of the day, no one here can physically stop the OP doing what they want. If they want to make a spider lady, make a spider lady.

That's beside my point, i'm just taking umbrage at this stupid comment.

Arabella Greene wrote:

Which is like; Sooo stupid. The words you're looking for here isn't pointless and bland, and we're all deathwing. The words you're looking for here are actually: This way of RP I don't find fun. Which is the only measuring tool you have here, there isn't some higher meaning that you're seemingly attaching to stuff. There is only; your spider lady idea seems stupid to me, because it has no affirmation in lore. (There isn't any reason why i can't happen either though). That is a valid opinion that the OP can listen to or not... I wouldn't but then i'm a dick.

However the idea that it destroys the meaning of RP... pfah... Soooo Stupid.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Arabella Greene Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:02 am

*Shrugs*
Arabella Greene
Arabella Greene

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzifix Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:33 am

Arabella Greene wrote:I guess this because I am someone that avoids tavern rp, because I find it mind numbingly boring
Tavern RP can be amazing, it's just that most tavern rpers are boring What a Face

Izzifix

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Blazesong Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:43 am

Raene wrote:Could always be a Nightmare Druid. They use Spiders and other nasty creepy crawlies as their "Totems".

But then pretty much everyone would be trying to kill you, as you'd be trying to kill everyone and every last bit of nature.

You'd basically be the equivalent of a Saturday morning cartoon villain character. Constantly evil with no redeeming features, or deeper backstory than being a punching bag for the 'righteous' characters.

Sounds like my warlock.
Charlie Blazesong
Charlie Blazesong

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3