Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello I am a fruit looking for roleplay

+3
Allonia_Miral
Iriel Silversong
Banana
7 posters

Go down

Hello I am a fruit looking for roleplay Empty Hello I am a fruit looking for roleplay

Post by Banana Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:27 am

Hi hi, I'm fairly used to roleplaying. A few years ago I used to RP on this server, it wasn't good at all. After experimenting with RP in f2p mmos and private servershaha I am now back to retail.

I've already been reading through some topics on this forum and still busy doing so, as well as trying to level a rogue for better or worse but I might just abandon her, we'll see.

Would someone be interested in kind of mentoring me into the server or just get me started with the roleplay around here maybe? I don't want to mess up again.

420 peez out ya'll or whatever you hip kids say pls accept me
Banana
Banana

Back to top Go down

Hello I am a fruit looking for roleplay Empty Re: Hello I am a fruit looking for roleplay

Post by Iriel Silversong Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:26 am

Welcome were all kiwis for you !!
Iriel Silversong
Iriel Silversong

Character sheet
Name: Iriel
Title: Commander

Back to top Go down

Hello I am a fruit looking for roleplay Empty Re: Hello I am a fruit looking for roleplay

Post by Allonia_Miral Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:15 am

Don't worry, it will only take a moment and Skarain will be here with all the info you need! Wink
Allonia_Miral
Allonia_Miral

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzifix Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:17 am

Allonia_Miral wrote:Don't worry, it will only take a moment and Skarain will be here with all the info you need! Wink
It's funny because it's true.

Izzifix

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:31 am

Dwyburn wrote:
Allonia_Miral wrote:Don't worry, it will only take a moment and Skarain will be here with all the info you need! Wink
It's funny because it's true.
afro
Banana wrote:Would someone be interested in kind of mentoring me into the server or just get me started with the roleplay around here maybe? I don't want to mess up again.
Count me in. You can poke me ingame on Alliance on the characters listed up in my signature. If it is Horde that you aim to play as, i'll drag some orcs by ears to this thread.

To start with screwing up, i am not sure what do you mean. Have you in the past done something wrong that have provoked the anger of others, reason to your disappearance?

As a first few golden rules, without knowledge of your past experience, i'll start off with these few things to know in WoW Roleplaying:

1.) Your character sees/hears only what is within their line of sight or range of hearing. You can not see/hear through walls, know magically the name of the other character, know that they are a warlock by reading their tooltip - going with what your character is able to see and hear is a good guideline to go with.

2.) Always emote what you are doing. Always "attempt" in your emote if you target another player's character. It creates more depth to your character roleplaying if you emote things before doing them, for example jumping over a fence. Even if by game mechanics you can jump over it by smashing spacebar and moving forward, if you add an emote that describes the leap, even if it is just "leaps over", i for one count that a good thing. Another is to emote mounting up, instead of simply pulling out one of your pocket. Of course, if you have in your possession [Horse in a Jar], go for it, but it is still more believe-able if you emote out the action.

To add to the point of "attempt", always when emoting on a character that is not controlled by you - leave the outcome open for the other party. "Skarain throws a rock at Bob" <--- Bad. "Skarain attempts to hit Bob with a rock" <--- Good!

3.) /say, /emote and /yell are "Roleplaying channels" in WoW. Use ((Brackets)) when speaking Out of Character (OOC) (in situations where your message can't be clearly separated from Roleplaying). Also avoid connection to major lore figures.

4.) Avoid roleplaying Dragons, Demons, Half-Demons, Archmages and generally powerful or complex characters before you have at least an Out of Character understanding what the concept encompass. Powerful characters are tough to pull off realistically in roleplaying, since you need to have the personality and other details in pair with the strength and experience of the character to pull it off believe-able.

(just my few cents about the general rules of RP. People are free to disagree/point out their own things)

As for the server itself, we got an active RP community and multiple really good guilds on Alliance and Horde alike, so it really falls on what is your fancy to play as a concept - or if to keep guildless entirely.

/join LFRP is one sure way to get in touch with roleplayers ingame, being short of "Looking for Roleplaying".

Get "Total RP 3" or "MyRoleplay" addons. They enhance your tooltip, allow addition of Family name and other stuff that is handy. Gryphonheart Items is also used by many, but it's not as wide-spread as the tooltip enhancing RP addons.

Anyhow... what more it is that you wish to know? I could explain every straw of grass found in the game but then we'd be here still after a week, so it helps if you have any specific points that you hope to hear more of, be it where people roleplay or how people are in general. I can answer here or ingame (when i get online closer to the evening).
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Arabella Greene Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:33 pm

No get Total Roleplay 2. Total Roleplay 3 is still lacking in features! :')
Arabella Greene
Arabella Greene

Character sheet
Name: Arabella Greene
Title: Terrible Role Model.

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:56 pm

Arabella Greene wrote:No get Total Roleplay 2. Total Roleplay 3 is still lacking in features! :')
Depends if you are dependent on the tracking or languages. I don't use myself either of them.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Arabella Greene Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:27 pm

My TRP3 always bugs out the Tooltip. The tooltip feature is my favourite feature of TRP2
Arabella Greene
Arabella Greene

Character sheet
Name: Arabella Greene
Title: Terrible Role Model.

Back to top Go down

Post by Banana Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:43 pm

Oh wow, thanks for all the responses!

I'm not that new to RP Skarain but thanks anyway heh, I'll send you a message in game!
Banana
Banana

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:46 pm

Banana wrote:Oh wow, thanks for all the responses!

I'm not that new to RP Skarain but thanks anyway heh, I'll send you a message in game!
You do that! I am online on Skarain atm.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin Drake Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:08 am

#TRP3
#TheFruitRevolution
Robin Drake
Robin Drake

Character sheet
Name: Robin Drake
Title: Wolf of Shady Lady Street

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down