Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RP Confessions

+66
Ralegh
Clarke
Kittrina
Coppersocket
Iriel Silversong
Groshnok
Skaraa
Anivitas
Tobias Redeye
The Great Jack Ironside
Fortesgue
Sadok
Jeanpierre
Vesica
Lorn
kal thas
Lyniath
Sam
siegmund
Littlepip
nope
Sorayah
Helmut
Lexgrad
Tor Wolfrise
Raene
Amaryl
Mallucis
Thondalar Stormleaf
Adry
Thelos
Allonia_Miral
Ferbian Gormaine
Izzifix
Raenmar
Morgaan
Robin Drake
Eve
Samian/Bismack
Glaciera
Heirio
Osmand
Charlie Blazesong
Zhakiri
Skarain
Nexiax
Quin
Muzjhath
Demurral
erwtenpeller
Lianji
Rashka
Feral / Blackfall
Salradir Dawnseeker
Terenus
Brigs Morgan
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Grim
Tantzui
Eldiros
Vaell
Garrett
Lavian
Krogon Devilstep
Ixirar
Officer High Morale
70 posters

Page 26 of 27 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Go down

RP Confessions  - Page 26 Empty Re: RP Confessions

Post by Sam Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:50 pm

Davnan wrote:Other people have explained how finnish army works so I dont have to, thanks.

Basic day in the army:
Wake up at 05:15, followed by 15min morning jog, breakfast and cleaning of the dorm me + 8 others sleep in. Then we walk 4km to the firing range (with 40kg of shit on our back, ofc) and manage to pull off one round of shooting before alarm gets sounded. We RUN back to the barracks, grab our govermental aid backpack which weights even more then the regular as it has all the camping stuff in it. We hop on trucks, drive off and then walk 10-20km searching the lost person we got called for. Its 18:05 and Im sitting in a cold tent while my mates are trying to light a fire in the stove. All of my gear is wet from sweat and Im pissed off because the search will continue as soon as we get some air support. Army sucks.

Not a RP confession but still a confession.

Look at it from the bright side, mate. When zombies strike you'll have some survival skills tho.
Sam
Sam

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin Drake Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:54 pm

Davnan wrote:Not a RP confession but still a confession.

It wasn't even a confession mate. That army training really has fucked with your head. Poor cunt.
Robin Drake
Robin Drake

Character sheet
Name: Robin Drake
Title: Wolf of Shady Lady Street

Back to top Go down

Post by Tobias Redeye Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:53 am

the fact that all it took was one guild march with my warband throughout the Stormwind to start a conflict mid-street between us, regiment, shields, the cartel, guy that runs the pig and whistle and some other random passing by people....It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling.

related to what happened above and another confession:

Huge gigantic emote orgies make me dizzy. The cluster is overwhelming.
Tobias Redeye
Tobias Redeye

Back to top Go down

Post by nope Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:46 pm

Oh yeah I can't deal with chatscroll well either.  Or people walking in the room and talking when I need to read a text conversation.  Or multiple conversations.

i am assuming you don't mean the literal definition of orgy wololololol okay i'll just go see myself out the door for acting 12
nope
nope

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thondalar Stormleaf Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:39 pm

I like emote battles (not massive ones, mind. They get confusing) and I never understood why some people are so obsessed with having the STRONGEST char always, and always wanting to win everything. When I make a char, I find much enjoyment in making them balanced. Some strengths, some weaknesses. I normally also give them a crippling weakness, which makes it hillarious at times! Like a warlock with germophobia, or a hunter with fear of birds.
Thondalar Stormleaf
Thondalar Stormleaf

Character sheet
Name: Simaria
Title: Little Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyniath Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:40 pm

I just find losing can makes more interesting experiences, hell, I've gotten so close to sabotaging my own DnD groups or board games because I want to make things more tense and exciting.
Lyniath
Lyniath

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tobias Redeye Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:01 pm

I find losing interesting and fun too but as long as its not straight out silly and unreal. If a thug wearing nothing but shirt and a small dagger attacks my full plated and armed mercenary head on there's 3 acceptable outcomes to the battle (Happened before). 1. He runs away 2. He gets sliced the pizza out of him 3. He ends up dead. Again, assuming nothing else comes up between.

There is nothing better, however than an intense fight with a fighter equal to you or even stronger in which case I gladly have my character beaten to a pulp and perhaps even killed.
Tobias Redeye
Tobias Redeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Tobias Redeye Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:04 am

New confession:

More than half of the times my characters have been arrested, I disagreed with the arrest OOCly too. Did I do the crime? Most of the times yes but if some of the situations that happened, happened in real life, with the amount of lack of evidence, the thing wouldn't even make it to the court/trial.

Also, make no mistake, I'm not saying the RP is being done badly on their part. A bad justice system or even corrupted one is something all too common in realistic situations.
Tobias Redeye
Tobias Redeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Arabella Greene Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:28 am

Just need to look to America.
Kid was recently beaten senseless for "having a fake id "
He had to have 10 stitches.
None of his friends got searched just him.
The thing is, he was the only one out of his friends with a real id, bouncers at the bar can vouch for that fact.

You want to know the real reason the police beat him senseless. He was black.
A singular black face in a crowd.
Sorry it's not a confession but what you said reminded me of the typical stuff that happens daily.
Yet another day goes by when I hear of any unarmed black person being killed or beaten on jumped up charges.
For Pete sakes there was a guy that was dressed like the joker, he killed 11 people in a cinema screening of ththe dark knight returns. He was white and got a fair trial.

This black kid got beaten up with a made up charge and $1200 bail....wtf America
Arabella Greene
Arabella Greene

Character sheet
Name: Arabella Greene
Title: Terrible Role Model.

Back to top Go down

Post by Heirio Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:35 am

That's fucked up.
Heirio
Heirio

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:31 pm

What Arabella has reported is a disgrace really, it is the 21 century ffs. Really is time for that shit to be in the past.

As for Jacks RP point... the thing you have to understand is that there can be no real evidence of crimes done ICly. You cant take fingerprints for example or use DNA, you could maybe use magic to link objects with people perhaps, I have rarely seen it done.

So all a guard can go on is their gut and eye witnesses. I always found it more annoying when someone walked from the guards as there was not enough evidence. There can never be absolute proof in this kind of setting.

Guards should use a "beyond reasonable doubt" balance imo. There is a char looking like a thug standing by a body and someone points the finger. I would arrest them. Did they do it? OOCly no idea, I dont care but my guard would not be doing his job if he let them walk just cos I cant dna link a pipe to the accused.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:39 pm

One thing to consider is that while corrupt cops are a disgrace IRL and should be punished, we're not playing out a real life scenario here and some people find it fun to RP a corrupt cop sort of character, which will at some point most likely lead to their character stepping on other, innocent characters' toes. This does not mean the player behind the character is himself a corrupt cop, and it doesn't really warrant an OOC reaction on the level of comparing it to racism in the U.S. justice system
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyniath Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:17 pm

Well remember that like half the early level quests in WoW are guards telling you to cut off someone's head for a couple of crimes, and they -don't- have forensic equipment or really anything to go on aside from eyewitness accounts and hearsay.
Lyniath
Lyniath

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Arabella Greene Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:17 pm

Ixirar/Kavalis wrote:One thing to consider is that while corrupt cops are a disgrace IRL and should be punished, we're not playing out a real life scenario here and some people find it fun to RP a corrupt cop sort of character, which will at some point most likely lead to their character stepping on other, innocent characters' toes. This does not mean the player behind the character is himself a corrupt cop, and it doesn't really warrant an OOC reaction on the level of comparing it to racism in the U.S. justice system
I wasn't comparing.
It reminded me of something, so I ranted
Arabella Greene
Arabella Greene

Character sheet
Name: Arabella Greene
Title: Terrible Role Model.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:32 pm

Arabella Greene wrote:
Ixirar/Kavalis wrote:One thing to consider is that while corrupt cops are a disgrace IRL and should be punished, we're not playing out a real life scenario here and some people find it fun to RP a corrupt cop sort of character, which will at some point most likely lead to their character stepping on other, innocent characters' toes. This does not mean the player behind the character is himself a corrupt cop, and it doesn't really warrant an OOC reaction on the level of comparing it to racism in the U.S. justice system

It reminded me of something

This is literally what a comparison is.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:33 am

Bumping, since I was not around when people were posting here.

Actual confessions, rather than rants.

- I rolled draenei purely because they were sexier than humans, sue me. I've come to accept the human model since then, but at the time I hated it. Ironically, these days I tend towards less beautiful appearances (aged look on Areyah, Saphra had the baggy eyes face (though they removed the bagginess with WoD Sad ), and undead skin Dru).

- Yada yada, Drustai was named after my original warlock's succubus. Everyone knows this at this point. The original idea for the character was to actually be a succubus, but I decided that was silly. Cue ex-man'ari background instead, which is only slightly more workable.

- I rolled DK just for necromancy. Originally the plan was to be a not-DK DK. The Acherus story however, and a (correct) assumption that players would dislike the not-DK DK thing made me roll with it IC. I've since regretted this choice. The lack of quality DK RP over the years has made me just come to hate DKs. The class is clunky and annoying, too.

- I enjoy having "dark" characters get persecuted. I have never understood the desire by other warlock/DK RPers to be accepted as equals. Where's the fun in that? When I play a warlock or DK I expect them to be discriminated against for what they are. It's part of the appeal of the class, as I see it. Trying to be a good person in spite of the persecution is fun. I only dislike the persecution when it starts getting completely unplayable and lore breaking (warlocks and DKs are tolerated. Spit on them, call them names, arrest them for looking suspicious, but don't act like the Alliance does not have warlocks and DKs working for them when the lore has shown clearly that it does. Fel in the city? Bad. Fel in defense of the Alliance against a Horde attack? Tolerated).

- I am aware and feel ashamed about the fact that Dru's background is quite special snowflake (former demon, death knight, multiclass, powerful spellcaster, etc). If I were to recreate the character I would scrap a lot of it, but it's a bit too late to retcon things. As it stands, I try to roleplay it as reasonably as I am able, such as reducing Dru's magic skills to being primarily support in nature. Her demon background is similarly something that has come up very few times and mostly just affects her hatred of fel/warlocks and knowledge of the Legion.

- When Disciples/Regiment cornered Dru in Old Town and Bismack went to chop her in two, I panicked and made a rather shitty escape. I feel quite guilty about this and if I could go back I would take the consequences. Though I arranged a later event to get her captured, it was too little too late by that point I think. This was a big reason behind me essentially dumping the character after that.

- Many of my supposedly altruistic actions are done out of egotism. I tend to always feel that my fellow RPers are doing it wrong, and my DK and magic guides and my stint on the Council were all principally motivated by me wanting to show people how to do it right. At least I put my ego to constructive use.

- Le gasp, I do ERP. Though I have only done it twice on WoW (once on Areyah and once on Drustai, who was thoroughly bored and got nothing out of it because undead don't have sexual desires).

- I am awful at idle chitchat in RP, and don't enjoy it. It was a huge struggle to have Areyah spend time in bars, and I only forced myself to do it because that's what her character was like. I'd rather have adventures and epic stories.

- I dislike "silly" RP. Sorry, gnomes. (Helmut is an exception. <3 Helmut)

- I made Saphra a human again through her demon pact simply because I despise the worgen voice set and casting animations. While it is a bit shaky lorewise to suppress the curse, I feel that demons should be able to offer otherwise impossible things. You can't really have a faustian pact if demons can't offer the unobtainable.

- Areyah's skillset was deliberately intended to flip off all of the characters-should-be-normal shit that was going on. I wanted to remind people that we're playing WarCraft, not Game of Thrones, and so gave her the complete toolkit of Heroic Leap, Thunder Clap, magical arms and armor, and so on. Areyah was a hero unit, not a footman. This is the same for all of my characters; even Saphra's graduated up from peasant to hero unit by becoming a warlock since I found RPing a simple peasant rather unfulfilling and limiting with WarCraft's world and story. These days I roll with the very simple motto of, "If my class can do it OOC, my character can do it IC."

- I accept losing in emote fights. Unfortunately, I am often the only party that does accept it, and so my characters always tend to lose. C'est la vie.

- I moved one of my three Dru's to Argent Dawn even though I have been adamant for years that I'd never go to AD. I still don't particularly want to play there, and spend most of my time on DB anyway. This is a confession though because I've given people a lot of shit over the years for doing it.

- I despise guard-criminal RP. While I enjoy conflict, guard-criminal RP often becomes stupidly cyclical, with characters running into trouble with the law as the central crux of their daily RP instead of as only an occasional side effect of whatever illegal activities they might be doing.

- Mists of Pandaria had the best RP I've ever been involved in in WoW. Fuck y'all who said/say that MoP was stupid.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:35 pm

Whelp. You are forgiven. Or something something.

- I rolled DK just for necromancy. Originally the plan was to be a not-DK DK. The Acherus story however, and a (correct) assumption that players would dislike the not-DK DK thing made me roll with it IC. I've since regretted this choice. The lack of quality DK RP over the years has made me just come to hate DKs. The class is clunky and annoying, too.

And my regret here is mostly that we never got to RP together as Dru/Lav.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:38 pm

Me too. The two would have had an interesting interaction, to be sure.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmut Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:43 am

Drustai wrote:
- I dislike "silly" RP. Sorry, gnomes. (Helmut is an exception. <3 Helmut)

THE GREATEST RECOGNITION I HAVE EVER GOTTEN!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Helmut
Helmut

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmut Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:51 am

Well, I should make some RP confessions too. A mix of rants and confessions.

First of all: It is you, the Defias community, that has truly kept me playing. You see, it is the hate and despise many of your characters have for Helmut that has motivated me to play him all this time. I think it is an ego-dedriven thing, but I just love to hear wwhen people are pissed of at Helmut. I often, if you didn't know already, stay behind in stealth after we've had a meeting just so I can see if anyone is shittalking him. It grants me enjoyment and fuels me to playing as an even worst person than before! So thank you for the support!

Much like Drustai said about politics can I also relate to. I do it mostly out of egotistic means. And I think that most (almost everyone) who get into or try to get into poltical RP does it for that reasons. I have been on the council for some time now and I have gotten tons of whispers from people whi wonder how they can get on the council and I know they want it because they think it will give them power (which it rarely does). I don't blame them, tthough. Everyone wants power but if it is something I've learned in DB is that no one will give you power. You have to grab it on your own.

People who claim that they have been forced into ERP as a defence to it: Shut up. If you didn't want to do it just log off or put the person on ignore. This is, luckly, not the real world and you can choose to not partake in such situations.

I really dislike it when you play a character who never minds reprocaution of its actions, always win and always get away somehow, specially if you are doing criminal RP. I mean, where is the fun in criminal RP if you can get cought and then just continue after? If you are willing kill and be bad then you should be ready to have your character killed aswell.

I love playing weak characters and then hide behind much stronger allies. Another ego thing. This also lead into:

I am not a fan of fighting RP fights. I find them going on for too long and really hate it when everyone arent synched or have the same pace. I either get out quckly (because weak or sneaky) or have someone else fight my battles.

I like to boss over people in RP. but everyone knew that already, right?

I only like to play gnomes, goblins and sometimes undeads. No other races really appeal to me.

When we talk about races: I am not a fan of people who stride too far from their races mentality/characteristics. It is something that you should keep in mind and expand upon instead of ignoring. I am okay if one gently bends it to make their character quirky or unique, but its a fine line where it can go bad. The worst two for me are:

1.Elves(specially night elves), draenei or any other character who is thousend of years old and yet acts like a ditzy teenager. I mean, being an anciant person should make you wise and even have a bad time relating to anyone who isn't as old as you, not be a naive 12 year old.

2. Pandaren who RP as large, violent, mean, honorless and merciless thugs. If you play through pandaria then you know that its a very far reach from their nature.

I never take anything in RP personally, and I expect others to do the same. But if something is said OOCly, then I can get personal. So if you are someone who does not get on well with Helmut ICly, then I probably like you OOCly, because I like intriques in RP. I mean, me and Pawsie have no characters who can be in the samw room, yet I love the RP we have. There are few who I've disliked IC and OOC.

When it has come to me leading and given out authorty then I will base that quite a bit on OOC motives, something that has made people upset in the past. I need to know that I can communicate and trust the people who are to lead others and, honestly, if I don't have much reason to trust you OOCly and Helmut dislikes you ICly, how big should the chance be that he gives your character the job?

Areyah is my idol. Inran is my favourite person to have at my side. Bismack and Ralegh are my two favourite characters ever. but you probably knew this already, right?

Last confession: I hope that people don't apply what Helmut does on me. Almost all the time when I act out on him, being a despicable person and inhuman asshat, I do so to create some friction and weight to the RP. I believe that we can't have a world full of rightous people, not even with some grey personality shades. We need really bad guys to push things further. When I got to DB in 2012 were Helmut a grey spy who did some work for both the military and the underworld. With the help of you, the lovly community of Defias Brotherhood, has this little gnome grown up to be this enormous ego of hatred and self loving with alot of authority and status, whos hunger for power and the dream of enslaving the Horde only grows. I thank you all for the journey. Much love, really.
Helmut
Helmut

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:24 am

Helmut wrote:Much like Drustai said about politics can I also relate to. I do it mostly out of egotistic means. And I think that most (almost everyone) who get into or try to get into poltical RP does it for that reasons. I have been on the council for some time now and I have gotten tons of whispers from people whi wonder how they can get on the council and I know they want it because they think it will give them power (which it rarely does). I don't blame them, tthough. Everyone wants power but if it is something I've learned in DB is that no one will give you power. You have to grab it on your own.

Just to clarify, I didn't say anything about power. What I was talking about was the feeling of being surrounded by idiots that need to be shown how to do things properly. I'm arrogant, not power hungry. I actually quite dislike being in leadership positions and have often avoided officer roles in guilds I've been in, and people being on the Council purely for their own benefit is exactly the kind of thing that I had joined to correct. My time on the Council was spent lowering the power and authority that Councillors had.

So, sorry, but another confession here, in spite of loving the character I don't really think Helmut makes a good Councillor. Razz As a Right Hand though he was great.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmut Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:19 am

Drustai wrote:So, sorry, but another confession here, in spite of loving the character I don't really think Helmut makes a good Councillor. Razz As a Right Hand though he was great.

I don't think he is a good councillor, either. But the character loves it and it would be his natural instinct to want to be on it.
Helmut
Helmut

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by nope Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:36 am

Helmut wrote:
People who claim that they have been forced into ERP as a defence to it: Shut up. If you didn't want to do it just log off or put the person on ignore. This is, luckly, not the real world and you can choose to not partake in such situations.

Not all force is physical. A lot of people just don't know what to do when it happens or take the "oh its just ic so I'm overreacting if I feel bothered by it right" route and regret it later.

There was a huge creeper on my realm that did that but they always had a bunch of "but i never saw x do it!" defenders because they were deliberately seeking out newer Rpers (I suspect teenagers) without much community connections/navigation/"what is normal here" to godmod at. I mean yeah /ignore and warning folk about the creeper is great and all but not everyones' picked up on the "you don't have to take 'ic consequences' if you don't want to and bailing on an uncomfortable scene doesn't make you Dodgy McPowerplayer" yet. Once people are equipped with that information then yeah, it's a lot easier to go "fuck this I'm out" but that still leaves coercion/blackmail/etc possibilities open.

It's a huge failure on the other players' part anyway, like if you're just gonna up and start an erp scene without asking ooc then what are you doing?

S'why I have [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] bookmarked in my brain, I guess. So I can chuck it at people and go "you don't have to put up with shit".
nope
nope

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:39 pm

While you have a point and all I don't feel like this thread is a place to have a deep founded discussion about the boundaries of rape.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:22 pm

A small confession, i wish i had roleplayed more with Delidah, could have been fun!

Another would be that I love this realm with all my dried out, blackened heart as it was the one that introduced me to RP, it helped me trough some hard times irl just as it gave me a few.

I also admit to that I sometimes feel stupid whenever I look at my typing and my typo's, feeling that it could have been a lot better and wish that WoW had a edit button for the things you have already sent

Edit: This is a rather recent one, however I have grown a personal hatred towards the Guild Page pet and the Guild Herald one as they keep on following me everywhere in my garrison! Screw those guys, seriously!
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet
Name: Littlepip
Title: Runemage

http://the-adventures-of-roleplay.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 27 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27  Next