Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RP Confessions

+66
Ralegh
Clarke
Kittrina
Coppersocket
Iriel Silversong
Groshnok
Skaraa
Anivitas
Tobias Redeye
The Great Jack Ironside
Fortesgue
Sadok
Jeanpierre
Vesica
Lorn
kal thas
Lyniath
Sam
siegmund
Littlepip
nope
Sorayah
Helmut
Lexgrad
Tor Wolfrise
Raene
Amaryl
Mallucis
Thondalar Stormleaf
Adry
Thelos
Allonia_Miral
Ferbian Gormaine
Izzifix
Raenmar
Morgaan
Robin Drake
Eve
Samian/Bismack
Glaciera
Heirio
Osmand
Charlie Blazesong
Zhakiri
Skarain
Nexiax
Quin
Muzjhath
Demurral
erwtenpeller
Lianji
Rashka
Feral / Blackfall
Salradir Dawnseeker
Terenus
Brigs Morgan
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Grim
Tantzui
Eldiros
Vaell
Garrett
Lavian
Krogon Devilstep
Ixirar
Officer High Morale
70 posters

Page 1 of 27 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next

Go down

RP Confessions  Empty RP Confessions

Post by Arabella Greene Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:28 pm

Hello y'all, itsa me.
Do you have any burning rp confessions?
Be them major or minor.

I'll begin with mine, it's fairly minor but it's a big deal to me.
I really hate DMing events and not for obvious reasons. I dislike that when people join in with events they subconsciously play to win. I personally find IC failure be it major or minor, is way more interesting to play out. Infinite winning is like a Saturday morning rerun of every Power Rangers episode ever.

Thank you for listening, your turn.
Arabella Greene
Arabella Greene

Character sheet
Name: Arabella Greene
Title: Terrible Role Model.

Back to top Go down

RP Confessions  Empty Re: RP Confessions

Post by Officer High Morale Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:32 pm

I also dislike DM events. And I hate RPWPvP almost more than any other RP.
I also dislike child ERP and rape RP so much that I have yelled to some people about it. :p bounce bounce

Officer High Morale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmut Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:54 pm

I dislike child RP, specially when people use a gnome as a human child.

I am not a fan of RPing one of the "immortal", thousends of tear old races as clueless teenagers.

"Themesongs" in character discriptions are the worst and often very cliché but I do think its funny when people put in mocking themesongs.

I will probably add more
Helmut
Helmut

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Arabella Greene Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:01 pm

Even though you two haven't done it, just a preemptive warning: please don't use this thread to complain about specific people/bring any Grudges here. A kitten WILL die. Don't push me.
Arabella Greene
Arabella Greene

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer High Morale Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:04 pm

I will not. But yeah, I agree with most of what Helmut said, except when the themesongs actually describe the character and it's background.

Officer High Morale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:23 pm

When people RP races that aren't playable (read: high elves mainly) and do nothing to act any different than the char would, had they chosen to rp a playable race (read: human)
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:24 pm

People who put full descriptions or character backgrounds in the 'currently' tab on TRP2.

I will cut you.     O,...,o

Edit: also, multi-classing. I have no quarms with changing class IC or lore hero classes... But warlock, mage, death knight all in one? Please die, in a fire.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:43 pm

Krogon Devilstep wrote:People who put full descriptions or character backgrounds in the 'currently' tab on TRP2.

I will cut you.     O,...,o

Edit: also, multi-classing. I have no quarms with changing class IC or lore hero classes... But warlock, mage, death knight all in one? Please die, in a fire.

But blizzard Gave me Dark Simularcrum so I can multi-class, damnit. Sad

In seriousness though. Child RP, GUNSHOT RP comes off the top of my head.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Adry Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:29 pm

People who refuse to let harm befall their characters and intervene OOCly to prevent it.

People who mix IC and OOC (this is surprisingly common)

People who write a 10,000 word essay on their character that could be summarised in one sentence (which they usually put in their 'currently' section for lord only knows what reason) and include lots and lots of details you can't see ingame, yet expect everyone to recognise these things

People who impart pop culture references without even attempting to make it subtle, believable or even remotely amusing

People Who Capitalise The First Letter Of Every Fucking Word

Tanarisi humans

People who dream up new and exciting ways to have their character escape from a sticky situation every single time one occurs as opposed to having them using the tools or power they previously had, or simply just lose a fight for once in a blue moon (losing is fun too, you know)

People who base their characters on characters from other settings (or maybe even this one), which in itself isn't bad but some people aren't even remotely subtle about it

People who fucking talk all the time about what their character is doing or thinking or eating or wearing or what they might have for dinner or "you hurt her feelings Sad" or other things nobody really cares about OOCly

People who try and represent accents that they aren't familiar enough with to portray properly

Tanarisi humans

Completely sane non-military characters who suffer no emotional burden from killing another person

Characters who are super amazing at what they do despite being 19 years old and having only practiced magic/medicine/engineering/ninjutsu for a month or two

Basically I don't like roleplayers
Adry
Adry

Character sheet
Name: Lelitha Étoires
Title: Pretend-Champion of the Band of the Brave

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:48 pm

Adry.

Marry me.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Arabella Greene Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:51 pm

*Slow Clap*
Arabella Greene
Arabella Greene

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:19 pm

I never was a fan of leading a guild in the RP scene or even more directly leading a group of people ICly for about anything. It can be fun, but in the overall scope it has more put me off of doing anything on any char that has to lead people about. Much prefer being in the good middle of things.

A more specific one as well I'll add that gets me a lot of the times: Mechanical limbs/eyes/bodyparts that are hi-tech to what people usually respond "Well goblins and gnomes."
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzifix Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:02 pm

I passionately hate people who RP in closed groups in public locations.

Double the hatred if they also RP the same "exotic" race (read: elves, draenei or pandaren) and refer to each others as "sister"/"brother".

Triple hatred if they also use one of the other "languages" (it's gibberish, not a language, damn you! If you can't go full tolkien, then don't bother trying at all).

Izzifix

Back to top Go down

Post by Allonia_Miral Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:04 pm

One of my pet peeves is planning every bit of rp ahead, even how you want things to turn out. Gives no room for anything interesting to happen for those involved, since it all "has to go this way".

Another is when someone says their character died some sudden death offscreen, which there is no chance of your char ever finding out, or any way it can ever meaningfully impact anyone's rp. There are many instances of my char thinking someone just decided never to show up for work again.

Oh and OOC stuff. It kills fun every time.
Allonia_Miral
Allonia_Miral

Back to top Go down

Post by Adry Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:21 pm

I have more. Should I continue?
Adry
Adry

Character sheet
Name: Lelitha Étoires
Title: Pretend-Champion of the Band of the Brave

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:43 pm

People who take RP way too seriously and complain on forums all the time.
Garrett
Garrett

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:47 pm

Confessions imply you rarely have the chance to get it off your chest.

I do agree with the majority of things mentioned though. Not seen a single good child/teen RPer, even when people I know who are capable of role-play play one, they seem to do it badly. Also, people who only RP good looking characters or characters without flaws.

People who jump ahead of the DMer and constantly make heroic suggestions - "I CAN HOLD THIS BOSS OFF ALONE, GUYS, YOU GET OUT OF HERE." - No. We wouldn't be doing a DM event if it was all about you, Captain Azeroth the Bold.

But in confessions... I sometimes fake a disconnect if my attention goes elsewhere from WoW. It's quicker than rping a goodbye...!

I've purposefully not invited some people to events, even if their character makes perfect sense to the story, just because I'm not fond of them OOC. I don't do this anymore though!

I too hate pop culture references if they're done without a sense of humour. I especially hate people who use modern internet slang in rp, e.g. "get rekt".

Most Death Knights annoy me.

People who play mages capable of using magic from every school like they're Khadgar on MDMA. +10 anger points if their character is below 30 and can do that.

People who role-play in cat form.

ERP embarrasses me. I will confess that I always find ERPers the epitome of the nerdy-weird role-play stereotype. I like to imagine it doesn't happen and remain ignorant to those who regularly do it. It just seems... lonely. (don't hate me, i wouldn't defriend an ERPer!)

Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:43 pm

Vaell wrote:

Sad
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:21 pm

Clara Dawson wrote:
Vaell wrote:

Sad
Most! I like Clara Very Happy
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldiros Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:35 pm

People who RP death knights in the manner that they remain utterly ignorant to the little fact that they are the living dead in a sensibly realistic manner, bringing their almighty power-armor of the infinite along with their godlike runeblade dripping with the essence of evil itself to a tavern to get drunk and rowdy as well as demonstrating their powers in the behavior that befits a 3 year old. (The struttering around with the dark minion goes without saying.)
Eldiros
Eldiros

Character sheet
Name: Eldiros Almadros
Title: Archmage

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:46 pm

I have always enjoyed it when a random oocer tries to troll people by prentending to rp, like autobots and the like, i love those guys.

I have also always enjoyed when people rped dragons and the long lost sister of jaina's love child with arthas' mother.

Also I love people who RP vampires, they're the best. Since it lets me get out Buffy .

I like lollers is what i'm confessing here, it brightens my day for the 5-10 minutes i have to deal with them. its never serious just fun. Which is why LoLers is a good name for them Very Happy

Or were these confessions all supposed to be negative?

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferbian Gormaine Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:06 pm

I dislike druid RPers RPing as cats.

Small talk RP bothers the shit out of me if it's not just a simple means of opening into a proper RP / RP conversation. If it remains small talk, I'm most likely not bothering after a while, and will try to make it end.

Which brings me to; I either often alt tab when there's nothing going on and end up becoming afk in game, or I simply pretend to be afk if I can already sense the RP is gonna be small talk RP before it even starts.
Ferbian Gormaine
Ferbian Gormaine

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Arabella Greene Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:11 pm

Amaryl wrote:Or were these confessions all supposed to be negative?
Nope Smile Confession is a confession
Arabella Greene
Arabella Greene

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:08 am

RPers who construct any ooc argument as I hate DK RPers cos. There are no DK RPers, DKs dont exist. You have players, some are good some are shit. Some good RPers are Dicks and some terrible RPers are gold. But there are no DK RPers unless you accept the idea that if that "DK RPer" rerolls as a warrior they suddenly start winning an Oscar for their RP.

The reason DKs are shit is the same as any other Class or Race. Cos they suck at RP. Loads of DKs are great and cant RP their roll due to the crap like this people say, mostly unthought out and based on mimic.

Oh and people who use /eyeroll in RP should be made to stand in a corner and think about what they have done. Same with people who do this IRL, it is so rude. IC it offers no route to any meaningful RP and frankly it is loaded with OOC.

I feel better now Smile
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzifix Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:19 am

I secretly hate people who make interesting characters and stories and then just disappear. My inner autist gets so madly frustrated at that lack of closure.

And I have a tendency to leave/get busy irl/etc at the times when my RP is at the most interesting parts myself.

Izzifix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 27 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next