Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RP Confessions

+66
Ralegh
Clarke
Kittrina
Coppersocket
Iriel Silversong
Groshnok
Skaraa
Anivitas
Tobias Redeye
The Great Jack Ironside
Fortesgue
Sadok
Jeanpierre
Vesica
Lorn
kal thas
Lyniath
Sam
siegmund
Littlepip
nope
Sorayah
Helmut
Lexgrad
Tor Wolfrise
Raene
Amaryl
Mallucis
Thondalar Stormleaf
Adry
Thelos
Allonia_Miral
Ferbian Gormaine
Izzifix
Raenmar
Morgaan
Robin Drake
Eve
Samian/Bismack
Glaciera
Heirio
Osmand
Charlie Blazesong
Zhakiri
Skarain
Nexiax
Quin
Muzjhath
Demurral
erwtenpeller
Lianji
Rashka
Feral / Blackfall
Salradir Dawnseeker
Terenus
Brigs Morgan
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Grim
Tantzui
Eldiros
Vaell
Garrett
Lavian
Krogon Devilstep
Ixirar
Officer High Morale
70 posters

Page 2 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next

Go down

RP Confessions  - Page 2 Empty Re: RP Confessions

Post by Tantzui Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:08 am

I feel you Amaryl. I like lollers too!

I mean, it's kinda fun when you casually drink in a bar and in a next second half naked Tauren pops in and starts to dance on the table! And if you start to RP it happening IC, it gets even more awesome. I can't get the smirk out from my face when thinking about the confusion it could cause to that loller. In the best cases everybody gets a good laugh.

But i don't always do that even if i'd want to. Since it could ruin more serious RP around. Sad

I once congratulated a loller for being a good one and giving me a laugh. That ended up in a quite long OOC chat about roleplaying and playing wow in general. It was nice.

I love smileys of DefiasRP. I could just spam them allover cat alien affraid rendeer flower

I'm also addicted to Pet Battles.
Tantzui
Tantzui

Character sheet
Name: Tant
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Arabella Greene Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:01 am

Another confession. I, on the odd occasion LOL and troll on AD with a naked tramp I created...just for lolling with. I sometimes think of the most cringey things possible and chuck them into a overly long TRP2 "Currently" tab just to annoy people on purpose.
Arabella Greene
Arabella Greene

Character sheet
Name: Arabella Greene
Title: Terrible Role Model.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thondalar Stormleaf Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:43 am

I hate Hashtags in TRP's, and themesongs.

I am a utter failure at being a officer, as when too much pressure come on me, I just crumple together and play a different char for a while.

I love taking OOCers IC. Can bring some really funny situations!

Druids speaking in animal form is a huge pet peeve of mine. (Unless there is some items they use to aid in the speak) I can't stand it. Or when they RP that they don't have the elf ears in all animal forms.

I love medic rp. Helping wounded chars, making detailed emotes if I have time for it, and use interesting ways to heal with herbs and roots.

Hate people rping dragons. Never seen it well done, so that might be why.

Don't mind other people erp'ing, but I could not do it myself. Gets too embarrassing.

Hate Tanarisi humans who talk like street gangs, and say things like "Fuck the Po po.". Other then that, I don't mind Tanarisi too much, if they play it well.

Death Knights who are all lovey dovey, drink, eat and act basically like a normal living human with super powers.

I don't DM events, because I don't have the attention span to follow everyone's emotes, and I am terrified that people will get bored.

I occasionally go to Goldshire AD to laugh myself silly at all the weird people's trp profiles.

I love learning the background of other characters, and why they do the things they do. So sometimes I can ask someone a billion questions ooc which is probably annoying, but its because I am super curious of the char.
Thondalar Stormleaf
Thondalar Stormleaf

Character sheet
Name: Simaria
Title: Little Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:37 am

These are all pretty amusing...

My confessions? Well, I quite enjoy throwing pop culture references into RP or seeing other people do the same... The amount of times I've seen an elf asked, "What do your elf eyes see?" or when walking into a cave, "This is not a cave, it is a tomb!" etc etc and I still laugh every time.

I hate, hate, hate child RP. My first attempt at Alliance RP the first character I bump into is a gnome with an MRP stating they are actually a 6 year old human. I instantly logged off and didn't return to Alliance side for months.

ERP freaks me out a little, though I don't mind others doing it. As long as its out of the public eye I don't mind.

I absolutely detest power RP. Silvermoon, I'm looking at you.
To me its the absolute worst thing ever to one day wake up and decide your character is super powerful, be it physically or politically. I hate it and I avoid dealing with roleplayers like that as much as I possibly can. As far as I'm concerned we're all mooks and the only power we ever wield is over other mooks like ourselves.

I hate the status quo that sits quietly over the roleplay scene. And I also hate the band Status Quo, they're awful.
I hate that people sit in their ivory towers and think they know whats best for the entire community when in fact they don't.

I hate meddling IC and OOC. People need to worry about themselves and their friends and not try to get involved in other people's business.

I dislike super peaceful characters. This is World of WARcraft! Man up!

A pet peeve of mine is healing and how it works IC. It irks me no end to see people get horrendously wounded in an event and then get a bit of healing and bounce back as good as new. Where's the risk!? Why should our characters worry about being wounded if they know a healer will spend 10 seconds mumbling a prayer over them and they'll be right as rain?

And maybe a surprising one, seeing as I'm the forever-DM... I don't like rolling events. They don't work well, they take ages and take too much concentration. They're too slow and complicated.
But... I've never found another way of managing large groups of people and also involving combat.

This turned into a longer rant than I meant it too.

Last edited by Grim on Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Grim
Grim

Character sheet
Name: Grim Stonepaw
Title: Warcaller

Back to top Go down

Post by Swan Emperor Arenfel Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:41 am

People who include homophobic, misogynistic, transphobic or anti-feminist rhetoric in their roleplay. I have never asked someone "what does this add to your character or the depth of your character's story", and received a satisfying or even a remotely coherent answer.

At most I receive a "lol ur sensitive". It angers me. I'm not being sensitive, I just don't see how the inclusion of bigotry that isn't stated to exist in our fantasy universe which involves dragons & humans fucking wildly in Dalaran; or the bypass of biology to produce a three-way hybrid; is in any way beneficial to creating an air of "realism".

"Realism", to me, feels as though it's become a gateway for people to live out their abhorrent personality traits through a character.

And this ridiculous arbitrary notion of "power". A character is only as powerful as long as you afford them that power or acknowledge it. Despite the fact that the other character, the Archmage, the Warrior King, the Dragon, is the one professing to hold power; you are still in control of your own writing; and you decide whether or not you want to recognize that claim.

Anyone who obsesses or solely bases their characterization around a vague notion of "my character is weaker than x because he's a peasant", or "my character is stronger than x because he's a veteran", is boring as dried mud covered in granola.
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Swan Emperor Arenfel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:42 am

A pet peeve of mine is healing and how it works IC. It irks me no end to see people get horrendously wounded in an event and then get a bit of healing and bounce back as good as new. Where's the risk!? Why should our characters worry about being wounded if they know a healer will spend 10 seconds mumbling a prayer over them and they'll be right as rain?

And maybe a surprising one, seeing as I'm the forever-DM... I don't like rolling events. They don't work well, they take ages and take too much concentration. They're too slow and complicated.
But... I've never found another way of managing large groups of people and also involving combat.

Amen.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Swan Emperor Arenfel Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:50 am

Clara Dawson wrote:

Amen.

Isn't that a bit too absolute?

On the flip side of that, when discussing risk, you have two camps of players during events in which the damage is doled out by the DM and interpreted by the player.

A. You have the never-hurt. Which usually takes the form of a bulkier warrior sort who will never take any damage, or if they do, pass it off as a grazing wound.

B. The always-hurt. Someone who wants to conform to that idea of risk/reward and tries to play the damage up, and thinks they're doing the right thing in this situation, but will then almost be reprimanded via an implicit premature character death. Which, in a way, is almost like punishing a player for putting in effort?

Why should our characters worry about being wounded if they know a healer will spend 10 seconds mumbling a prayer over them and they'll be right as rain?

Do you play a healer? Genuine question, I'm not snark-baiting here. When you play a medical-based character, you are often expected and highly sought after on an almost daily basis. This can become quite tiring and daunting, especially when you're pressed for time, and so some players might rush their healing emotes in order to get it done quick and efficiently; but when they are allotted more time they'll be far more inclusive of other aspects of healing RP (the prep, the patient care, etc) than they would post-event?
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Swan Emperor Arenfel

Back to top Go down

Post by nope Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:26 pm

Swan Emperor Arenfel wrote: People who include homophobic, misogynistic, transphobic or anti-feminist rhetoric in their roleplay. I have never asked someone "what does this add to your character or the depth of your character's story", and received a satisfying or even a remotely coherent answer.

At most I receive a "lol ur sensitive". It angers me. I'm not being sensitive, I just don't see how the inclusion of bigotry that isn't stated to exist in our fantasy universe which involves dragons & humans fucking wildly in Dalaran; or the bypass of biology to produce a three-way hybrid; is in any way beneficial to creating an air of "realism".

i feel you man

Other annoyances: I dunno, people that wear their "i dislike badrp" on their sleeve?  Not "this is my pet peeve in the pet peeve thread" posts but if their currently tab is some snarky remark about "DOESN'T HAVE A THEME SONG BECAUSE THOSE ARE TERRIBLE YOU PLEB" I'm going to avoid them in case I annoy them with the theme songs in my TotalRp I don't even have.  And then I want to link them [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] because I used to be similar.

People that pronounce the letter h with an h sound and turn it into 'haych'.

Sometimes people post a picture of their face and it's a really nice face but I don't know how to say that without sounding weird so I'm just quiet. Is it still an Rp confession if it's about Rpers' faces idk
nope
nope

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:44 pm

I like medical RP, I like doing weird shit, I try to mix it up, and because my character isn't an actual surgeon/healer she's going to mess up a lot, and make silly mistakes - not because she doesn't know what she's supposed to do, cause she does, but because she isn't good enough to do it adequately all the time.

I like taking the approach of an 18th century Barber in a field-hospital, Lots of blood, lots of hands entering cavities and moving body-parts aside and pulling out intestins and shoving that in the arms of the patient and doing shit. Or fucking up brain surgery by prodding the wrong bit at the wrong time so the patient has to make cow noises every so often for the next couple of days, or have random tremors that cause them to accidently kick people. that kind of stuff. Its fun.

But when the 3rd /gunshot dude comes in to the cath an needs medical attention now, I just can't be arsed and its just /takes out the bullet /sews up the wound /magic. and you're done in 3 minutes.
and when people just want to get healed, healing can be a big time slog/one way street. which makes it dread.

And then on the flip side; you have a battle, and after that battle you have 2 healers and 12 wounded that need assistance, and then there's no time either to give people some attention you want to give.

Medical RP is a really underappreciated

Arenfel: what do you think about Racial biases though in RP? I agree with you that homophobic stuff is stupid. but i also think that its primarily stupid because racial biases is the avenue available for us to RP dickheads.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:03 pm

^ Yeah that medical Rp, same experiences.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:04 pm

Oh I'm not putting down healing characters! They're incredibly useful and fun but I'm of the firm belief that healing shouldn't be that brilliant.

No I don't primarily play a healer character IC, but my main has delved into healing on and off (usually badly).

I'm struggling to word this. But, I don't see as many people as I'd like to RPing out the injuries they've taken. They'll get hurt IC and get healed and then its as if they were never wounded at all.

Healing characters in my experience are usually dedicated and good at what they do. It's a bit of a niche thing to RP out really, when most people (myself included) want to RP a fighty type.
The healer will do their job IC, however they see fit. Be it praying for the Light, causing regrowth with druidic powers, performing messy surgery or whatever, and then the player being healed generally gets up and maybe RPs being a bit sore for an evening and then forgets it ever happened.

I'd rather see players who get healed as RPing that "blimmin' eck my back's never recovered from that time the treant snapped it.".
Grim
Grim

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:17 pm

The other side of the coin is; the wound and bandage and the limp and the soreness is going to be thrown into the current field of the RPaddon and then that's that.
Also our RP community isn't suited to RP out even one week of rehabilitation. let alone the month/sixweeks things would usually require.

You're hardly going to get something more than "I feel in my knee its going to rain" or "man my shoulder hurts today" while having no impact on that characters action what so ever, because being actually wounded means you can't RP in over half the events that are organised which sucks.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzifix Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:30 pm

That's what we get when RP-PVP and hc difficulty DM-events is the shit that binds characters on the server together.

Izzifix

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:35 pm

Define 'our community'? I have seen people do it, and do try to do it myself. I just wish more people did.

And while I don't like DM led rolling events I would welcome any other nay-sayers to give me a valid alternative? That's not meant to sound aggressive, but I would absolutely love an alternative method...
Grim
Grim

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigs Morgan Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:53 pm

I've always wanted to roll a gaurd in the regiment, start him as a stuttering boot lick and see if he can evolve into something more.

I wish I had it in me to have continued the blades for hire.

I love my main rp character, brigs, as if he was an actual person.

I think erp is annoying, as well as the whole bf/gf stuff. Id rather rp stuff I cant do like slay demons and get into drunken knife fights without the risk of death. So many times have I done an event and at the end every one breaks up into pairs to go private rp their love story.

I dislike it how many people take rp to a serious level, draining all fun out of it etc. "lel u cant backflip me its too hard to do u fink u r ninja u bad rper lelelelelel" or getting down into such technicality it makes things ridiculous. I remember one thread where people discussed deathknight neurology etc which annoyed me.

I also wish there was some heavy, heavy dreanei RP as they are probably my favourite race.
Brigs Morgan
Brigs Morgan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:59 pm

I think erp is annoying, as well as the whole bf/gf stuff. Id rather rp stuff I cant do like slay demons and get into drunken knife fights without the risk of death. So many times have I done an event and at the end every one breaks up into pairs to go private rp their love story.

Yes! Amazing!
Grim
Grim

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:31 pm

To be fair I can't slay demons with the risk of death either.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Arabella Greene Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:39 pm

Just wanted to say, thank you all for keeping this thread pleasant. Due to the topic it has a high chance of decending into madness. So thanks for keeping the flames away. :')
Arabella Greene
Arabella Greene

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:28 pm

Swan Emperor Arenfel wrote: People who include homophobic, misogynistic, transphobic or anti-feminist rhetoric in their roleplay. I have never asked someone "what does this add to your character or the depth of your character's story", and received a satisfying or even a remotely coherent answer.

"Realism", to me, feels as though it's become a gateway for people to live out their abhorrent personality traits through a character.
I do disagree. I think bigotry can characterize massively and, even if in some cases it could be, it isn't the projection of someone's real views. That's taking IC to OOC and you will only upset yourself.

Kyven, the character I played in the Regiment, was despicable. Prince Charming on the outside, but you're meant to think he's vile when he opens his mouth. Foul language, slurring of words, disrespectful and misogynistic. A character that views women as pieces of meat. This was not a projection of my views - it worked for the character. He's filth. I think it'd be lazy to just say these things can't exist in WoW. They're powerful motivators.

Vaell is homophobic (or a better term would be homo-ignorant). He doesn't dislike homosexuality, he just finds it incredibly odd as he only sees sex as a tool for reproduction.

I agree that some people might just spout their own views or have no reasoning behind it, but I've never come across a character that it doesn't add some depth to.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:33 pm

Arabella Greene wrote:Just wanted to say, thank you all for keeping this thread pleasant. Due to the topic it has a high chance of decending into madness. So thanks for keeping the flames away. :')

Part of me wishes that it would. Oh wait... right, Rp confessions only. Nevermind.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Arabella Greene Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:11 pm

I alt tab frequently during RP, even if I am having fun, this is due to the fact I feel many people type too slow. Razz
Arabella Greene
Arabella Greene

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer High Morale Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:07 pm

Even in the middle of RP, I just sometimes say I'm bored in some chat and log off. Or I say I'll brb and it'll take quite a while to when I'm back.

Officer High Morale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:42 pm

Vaell wrote:

I do disagree. I think bigotry can characterize massively and, even if in some cases it could be, it isn't the projection of someone's real views. That's taking IC to OOC and you will only upset yourself.

Kyven, the character I played in the Regiment, was despicable. Prince Charming on the outside, but you're meant to think he's vile when he opens his mouth. Foul language, slurring of words, disrespectful and misogynistic. A character that views women as pieces of meat. This was not a projection of my views - it worked for the character. He's filth. I think it'd be lazy to just say these things can't exist in WoW. They're powerful motivators.

Vaell is homophobic (or a better term would be homo-ignorant). He doesn't dislike homosexuality, he just finds it incredibly odd as he only sees sex as a tool for reproduction.

I agree that some people might just spout their own views or have no reasoning behind it, but I've never come across a character that it doesn't add some depth to.

I agree with Vaell really.  Although bigotry which is poorly done is cheap and annoys me, if well done it adds a lot to a char or RP scene.  I think I have ranted about this several times so I wont go into what I think is the right way of doing that here.  

Directly to Arenfel however, you regard "homophobic, misogynistic, transphobic or anti-feminist" as the big bothers of RP.  For a start I have never seen Trans stuff ever come up IC really, unless you mean mocking a mage, say Vaell for example for wearing a robe as trans ofc.  Homophobic/Sexist (As misogynistic is a loaded term I dont like) RP, why is it different to Racism?  We are casually racist in RP all the time, is that not a bigger taboo?

Anti Feminist stuff isnt taboo at all, it is a fine position to hold really, intellectually valid and I don know why it is in the list with the others.  Arguing against feminism can not in any way compare to bigotry.  Plus the only feminist RP I have ever seen came from a AD Nelf guild and they kept to themselves in Kalimdor.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:57 pm

Arguing against feminism

Not to derail here, but arguing against feminism means arguing against the idea that all people should have equal treatment and rights regardless of gender(which is the mantra of feminism) and thus very much = bigotry, lol.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Terenus Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:09 pm

Ixirar/Kavalis wrote:
Arguing against feminism

Not to derail here, but arguing against feminism means arguing against the idea that all people should have equal treatment and rights regardless of gender(which is the mantra of feminism) and thus very much = bigotry, lol.
Though there are a large amount of people, especially on Tumblr, nowadays who use feminism as an excuse to put down men as well and any women who disagree with them which is an honestly disgusting practice, which is quite possibly what he's referring to. Extreme feminism is awful, feminism following it's original intentions is a fantastic thing.
Terenus
Terenus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next