Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Halloween Costume Ball, WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

+6
Demurral
Seranita
Calisar
siegmund
Helmut
Rosalila
10 posters

Go down

Halloween Costume Ball, WINNERS ANNOUNCED! Empty Halloween Costume Ball, WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

Post by Rosalila Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:50 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And so the Ball has passed, and I am pretty sure the contestants are very eager to find out
who the winners are!

But first I would really like to thank everyone who joined in, the participants and the audiences.
We received way more enthusiastic people joining in, more than I even hoped for!
Especially from outside The Braves guild!  The competition took a lot longer than expected because of that but nonetheless everyone remained patient and organized.  

You guys gave us a really hard time to choose the winners, so we waited a night to decide.

We mostly picked the winners based on the creativity and originality of their costume, combined with their overall presentation (RP wise).  

Third prize already became a three parter, two seperate contestants I could not choose between:

Mizia, with her gnome Pygmy costume.  She took good advantage of her race and her costume painted a very well complete picture. She combined it with a pretty intense well written introduction. Good Job

Mizia you'll get portrait from me!

Pheebz & Westby, with their finely tuned couples costume as two old fashioned scarlets.
They implemented their IC characters in a very endearing combined costume, tributing the old alliance scarlets. It was innocent, sweet and made me all fuzzy inside.

You will both get portraits, so that's basically three winners :p

Second prize!

Goes to Siegmund!
He didn't try to be funny, he didn't try to be a specific character. As a Worgen he implemented his costume with his both human, and worgen form. He had a tight and scary introduction, it was gutsy and we liked it. (and the costume just looked good too of course)

Siegmund, you get a portrait! *tosses*

First prize goes to! *drum rolls*

Vaell, dressed as the protoganist of his very own, rather exclusive novel.
You had us laughing, a lot. I wasn't necessarily laughing because you were wearing a dress, but the fact you dove so deep into your IC world, you decided to build a costume of an imaginary character, written by an imaginary character. You also couldn't shut up about it, which made you really seem like a pompous writer. The story was funny, it was original I won't forget this costume soon.

You get some fullbody artwork!  (I wouldn't mind drawing the Ginger Witch)

Again, this was very tough! I really really loved hosting this event and for those who didn't win -- don't feel bad, I very much enjoyed all of your costumes.
I will possibly draw a cartoon of the event anyway Wink

Winners please PM me on this forum! (Or the Braves one)

Last edited by Rosalila on Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:31 pm; edited 3 times in total
Rosalila
Rosalila

Character sheet
Name: Rosalila
Title: of Winterspring

http://www.rosalielub.nl

Back to top Go down

Halloween Costume Ball, WINNERS ANNOUNCED! Empty Re: Halloween Costume Ball, WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

Post by Helmut Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:59 pm

((Sounds great, looks good but what about the Stormwind Council which is every tuesday night at 9?))
Helmut
Helmut

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Halloween Costume Ball, WINNERS ANNOUNCED! Empty Re: Halloween Costume Ball, WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

Post by siegmund Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:16 pm

((The prize makes it extra tempting!))
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Calisar Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:46 pm

good to see this is back on Smile sounds good!
Calisar
Calisar

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosalila Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:04 pm

Helmut wrote:((Sounds great, looks good but what about the Stormwind Council which is every tuesday night at 9?))

Oh I haven't concidered this, I could take the Ball back to monday?

I have another Event that is connected to this one on Wednesday, I don't want to make it later :p
Rosalila
Rosalila

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:03 pm

Rosalila wrote:
Helmut wrote:((Sounds great, looks good but what about the Stormwind Council which is every tuesday night at 9?))

Oh I haven't concidered this, I could take the Ball back to monday?

I have another Event that is connected to this one on Wednesday, I don't want to make it later :p

band of the braves meeting is then would not a wed or thurs be better?
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosalila Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:22 am

Yeah I'll change it.. Smile
Rosalila
Rosalila

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Demurral Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:16 pm

Questions!
1 - Is the judging based completely ICly?
2 - Do the costumes have to be WoW based and IC, or can they be from other media?
Demurral
Demurral

Character sheet
Name: Greyclaw
Title: Witch of the Wilds

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosalila Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:17 pm

I already know someone is cosplaying from an anime, so let your imagination run wild! .. The judging will be "ic" But I will judge on originality, and how the idea translated well into the costume.

I will not judge on how hard it must have been to get certain gear, cause that would also take me too much to look into the actual armor etc. -- Also, I will ask if you made the costume yourself, cause you know.. IC :p

I will not judge on wether you made it yourself or not but fun Stories around the retrieval of the costume, or why you chose to dress a certain way, with a story believable within the WoW realm, may just give you some + points Wink
Rosalila
Rosalila

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Westby Hurlington Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:01 pm

I saw spiderman yesterday, how can you judge that? No one in WoW knows what a spiderman is Razz

Westby Hurlington

http://www.blazingshields.shivtr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosalila Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:44 pm

Well he made a believable story around it.. so I can buy it :p
Rosalila
Rosalila

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Westby Hurlington Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:12 pm

Good to hear Smile

Westby Hurlington

Back to top Go down

Post by Westby Hurlington Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:12 pm

Jeeej 3rd place!!! We are really happy hahaha Very Happy Thanks for an awesome event!

Westby Hurlington

Back to top Go down

Post by Adry Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:23 pm

I wish I hadn't missed this.

With the matching helm and the Ebon Blade tabard I could've came as Darion Mograine
Adry
Adry

Character sheet
Name: Lelitha Étoires
Title: Pretend-Champion of the Band of the Brave

Back to top Go down

Post by Westby Hurlington Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:34 pm

Rosa, can you PM me you'r email adres again please. Smile

Westby Hurlington

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:49 pm

Very Happy Yay!

I always love a reason to wear something from the dark side of my bank. Thanks very much for an awesome event, it was both hilarious and terrifying.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:43 am

Suprised I actually got 2nd place.

Was nice to see diffrnet costumes pop up, hopefully this will happen next year too!

siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosalila Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:05 am

Siegtmund you can eens me a pm with what youd want as a portrait!
If im still actively around, sure ill host it again.. or ill make sure kennis does it Wink
Rosalila
Rosalila

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Feltrand Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:43 am

AS much as this seemd fun, I'd say Horde Arcane conclave's mask won the most. Sadok, dressed as Abulos Sunwing xD
Feltrand
Feltrand

Location : Fort Raven's Hold in Frostfire - Hillsbrad foothills - Silvermoon - Shattrath

Character sheet
Name: Feltrand Ravensun
Title: Chronomancer Magister Artist

http://feltrandravensunart.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down