Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IC Market

+8
Ralegh
Humphry
Thelos
Sonitus
Sullee Swiftspeech
Valerias
Borian
Dreadhawk
12 posters

Go down

IC Market Empty IC Market

Post by Dreadhawk Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:48 pm

Hello, I've had an idea for a couple of days now. I just need some help with making it into something doable. A market where people can "set up shop" IC, and sell real items and GHI items would be really cool. GHI items obviously will work the same way people buy drinks in taverns, where as real items such as crafted stuff, or cool looking gear that could be used for RP, would be sold using ingame currency. However I think they should be sold at lower rates than AH items, so it's actually worth it for the people buying.

This would be a good way to raise guild funding, have guild stalls where guild members come together to sell their wares. But also, individuals could do it too. Say your character is an IC blacksmith, or a Alchemist.. It would tie in nicely with their roles. Enchanters and Scribes could team up and sell enchanted vellums etc etc etc.

I'd like this to happen on both Horde and Alliance, and perhaps have it hosted in different locations. EG, there could be a Stormwind/Silvermoon Market most of the time, and then have it in Thunder Bluff or Iron Forge, or perhaps even other locations than main cities. It'll have to be announced before hand though on the Forums.

I'd be happy to help run it, but because I am VERY busy IRL in general, with studies, music and trying to earn some money as well, I would really need help to do this. And seeing as I go gigging from time to time, I might not be able to do it 100% of the time.

It's just a cool idea, imo, tell me what you think.

Peace out.
Dreadhawk
Dreadhawk

Character sheet
Name: Celleste Whitegale
Title:

Back to top Go down

IC Market Empty Re: IC Market

Post by Borian Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:56 pm

Idd, very cool. If you're not that happy with trade district OOCers, put it in the harbour! Already some empty tents and tables there! And to add, doesn't have to be only GHI items. Could also be exotic drinks. Wouldn't mind some coconut rum, or a rare bottle of southshore cider! Smile
Borian
Borian

Character sheet
Name: Borian / Gohman
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:52 pm

The Shatterskull Marauders did one of these on TVC a while back. They move to Defias soon so might be worth a chat with them to see how they got it going. It was some good rp and a chance for crafters to take orders from rp friends.

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:54 pm

Morgeth set up a couple of these last year and they were great fun - Ratchet and Bilgewater Harbour were both nice market places! Go for it, I'm sure it would be popular.
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet
Name: 'Lady' Vale
Title: courtesan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sullee Swiftspeech Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:42 pm

Sullee will demand a stall. And Fareed wil demand people's purse. Win-win.
Sullee Swiftspeech
Sullee Swiftspeech

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonitus Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:08 am

If youu'd like to do this in Thunder Bluff send me some mail in game with potential dates and such. I'm sure we can gave some craftsmen/women assemble things, I mean Tauren are renown for making things themselves!
And the upper central Bluff is practically made for a market style RP!
Sonitus
Sonitus

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreadhawk Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:01 am

Ok, I'll do that. Cheers.
Dreadhawk
Dreadhawk

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:09 am

There's also a lovely marketplace in Shattrath, should you wish to sell your wares to both factions (and then some!)

This image was shamelessly stolen from the argent archives

IC Market Lower-City-Market
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Humphry Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:42 pm

Hey there,

This is something I had been thinking about doing on the Alliance side for a little while now, then when I applied for the minister of Trade possition I thought it might be a nice thing to do as my first offical act should I get the trial for the possition. I was planning on holding it in Stormwind harbor propbally a week from today, if you'd like to work together on something I would be more than happy to?
Humphry
Humphry

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ralegh Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:07 pm

Seems everybody has had something in their mind for something like this, so i might aswell mention the cartel one..
We were thinking of attempting to create a cross-faction black market held in some of the less used goblin towns.
The plan was to collaborate with the Sixty Thieves, Morgeth, the pirates and any other interested parties.
I personally put it on hold for a bit due to dealing with deadlines, but if there is any interest i might try to push it forward again.
Ralegh
Ralegh

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Robi Kaezlan Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:16 am

Black Market ey?

I'd be up for that.
Robi Kaezlan
Robi Kaezlan

Character sheet
Name: Robi Kaezlan
Title: Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Demurral Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:56 pm

I fully support the idea, and if it works, hopefully we can have this set up every week or two weeks, like on a sunday Smile I hope you all fully expect dodgy merchants, pickpockets and other assorted evils, and thats just from Raven Very Happy
Demurral
Demurral

Character sheet
Name: Greyclaw
Title: Witch of the Wilds

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:04 pm

The Ebon stand...
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:46 am

Ezlbag wrote:Seems everybody has had something in their mind for something like this, so i might aswell mention the cartel one..
We were thinking of attempting to create a cross-faction black market held in some of the less used goblin towns.
The plan was to collaborate with the Sixty Thieves, Morgeth, the pirates and any other interested parties.
I personally put it on hold for a bit due to dealing with deadlines, but if there is any interest i might try to push it forward again.
Ezlbag let's meet during this week so we can organize the first one.
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet
Name: Razgash Gronnbane
Title: Warbringer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreadhawk Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:06 am

Woah get busy with real life and this is what I get! Sorry anyway. Shattrath city, epic idea, why did I not think of that!? Cheers Thelos, bro!

Sonitus, I got my Renegade Cartel Guild up and running now so I'll defo get on the case Horde side.

Black Markets just don't run stands, imagine if you could pick up weed at a market stand? Well I know some places where you can but still its more secretive. However a cross faction market in these areas has potential, we'd have to use the AH system in Gadgetzan. It would probs work with Alliance selling their goods in mass stocks, or the Horde, and the other faction buying it to redistribute them across their own faction.
Dreadhawk
Dreadhawk

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down