Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alchemy guides for IC Alchemy? If that makes sense.

5 posters

Go down

Alchemy guides for IC Alchemy? If that makes sense. Empty Alchemy guides for IC Alchemy? If that makes sense.

Post by Steven Adams Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:05 pm

Yo. My character is basically really good at Alchemy. However... I OOCly don't know how to do it IC. Is there a guide you can link where I can learn?
Steven Adams
Steven Adams

Character sheet
Name: Steven Adam/Tobias Michaelis
Title:

Back to top Go down

Alchemy guides for IC Alchemy? If that makes sense. Empty Re: Alchemy guides for IC Alchemy? If that makes sense.

Post by Eldiros Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:11 pm

In reference to a Potion's Master, I'd say upon a Quick set of research that this might atleast be of -some- help.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Eldiros
Eldiros

Character sheet
Name: Eldiros Almadros
Title: Archmage

Back to top Go down

Alchemy guides for IC Alchemy? If that makes sense. Empty Re: Alchemy guides for IC Alchemy? If that makes sense.

Post by Demurral Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:23 pm

also, take a look at this link - they compare Vanilla and Outland herbs to their real life variants, basing it upon the location and look of the plants themselves.
Demurral
Demurral

Character sheet
Name: Greyclaw
Title: Witch of the Wilds

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzifix Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:44 pm

This guide is by far the best guide on herbs if you want to use actual in-game sources.

Izzifix

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:21 pm

I have nothing to link but i'll toss a few words. They may be obvious but at least they have been said.

Alchemy, as anyone who have ever had the profession or done it in other games is about combining different reagents to form potions or poisons. While the ingame process is simply that: to combine different reagents, it can be played out IC being way more complex. There is a difference in everything; how you prepare your reagents. Do you crush them into a fine powder, do you boil them afterwards mixed together with water at an exact point of temperature to extract a specific type of liquid from the reagent, combine the extract with something else and create a potion able to heal limbs or to sap off life.... and so-on.

You'll probably have tools as a Mortar and Pestle, an Alembic, a Cauldron, knife and and a chopping, vials and other things which you use when brewing up your potions.

Reading up about Alchemy from Wikipedia wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Reading up Harry Potter or any other fantasy where there is Potion Making exist may be used as inspiration for your Alchemical roleplay.

That's my thoughts here for now. Remember that if you want to play an Alchemist, just as if you play an experienced mage, fighter, priest or any profession.... it is a lot of knowledge that you are to learn to play out your profession well.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down