Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Missing Aspect (A Pre-Cataclysmic Storyline)

Go down

The Missing Aspect (A Pre-Cataclysmic Storyline) Empty The Missing Aspect (A Pre-Cataclysmic Storyline)

Post by Mike Tue May 18, 2010 6:29 pm

Chapter 1: Seeking Refuge.

Tharion crawled up the muddy hills of the Arathi Highlands. His clothing was dripping from the cold rain. It was best if he'd made camp soon considering the circumstances. He glanced over his shoulder. “Seems like they gave up.” A feint smile appeared on his face. A feeling of relief mixed with grief deep within his heart. “Come on Howl, we'd best find a place to hide.” The gray dog growled obediently.

It was fall on Azeroth. The cold northern winds swept across the peeks of the green hills. A couple of hours ago a group of Adventurers entered the hills north of Refuge Pointe. Warnings for reckless ambushers were made clear by the guards. The leader of the group, Tharion laughed at the warnings. “I take it no one is as brave as me and my companions to enter the hills at this time of the year.” He boasted to the guards. “No worries my friends, I am convinced that our 'pack' is strong enough to survive any assault.” His loyal servant spoke comfortably. The group counted for heads. Two heads were Human. Tharion himself and his servant/companion Amber. Another head counted, though this one not Human at all. Surprisingly this one was the one of a young Orc. The pale and slender Orc held quiet as the guards kept their hands on their blades. Luckily the Humans had convinced their fellow species to stand down. A wet nose tapped against the fingers of the Orc. “What now?” he grunted. The dog growled happily and swung around his tail.

“Let's move.” Tharion spoke clearly, beckoning for his group to follow.
They had been picking up supplies at the camp. It was time for them to continue. The wind had been in their back the past week and the spirit was high among the travelers. They made their way up north, towards the foothills of the Arathian mountains.

They had traveled for several miles as the sun reached it's highest point. Gorrum peared up to the sky. “We might want to prepare for some rainfall.” he spoke as he pointed south. A large stormfront was catching up on the four. Tharion nodded as they marched forward.
Amber caught up with the rest. “Tharion. I must ask you. What drives you to this place?” Tharion grunted. “Don't get on my nerves Amber. We've been over this. You just have to trust me.” Amber sighed. “You know I do Tharion, though this little 'trip' as you keep calling it turned into a crusade almost. We've been traveling for over a month now.” Gorrum silently chuckled at the naïve woman. Tharion stubbornly walked on. “I made my answer quite clear.” Amber stopped. “Let's try another approach then huh?” she put her chin up- “I won't be moving another feet until you tell me where we're going.” - and smiled mockingly. Tharion sighed and turned around. “Amber, we have to keep moving. If that storm catches up on us before we make it to a camping site we're done for. Amber grinned and stomped her foot on the ground again. “I am not moving good sir.” she spoke. Tharion peered at the Orc. “Care to tell her?” he asked. Amber's face changed dumbfounded. “He knows? The greenskin knows?!” Tharion and Gorrum nodded. “There's an obvious reason Amber.” Tharion tried to talk things straight. “Well, spit it out then!” she replied, obviously displeased.

"We're looking for a house. Or... Fort if you will." Amber was surprised by the sudden honesty. "A fort, why? Are you planning to move in there?" Gorrum chuckled. "No. Not quite. The fort might not even be there, but it is presumed to be." Tharion answered while turning to Amber. "The fort is supposed to be the fort of a man named Lord Prestor. There have been a lot of vague reports on this man from the Battle of Grim Batol where he proclaimed to be an Arathorian Nobleman. He vanished into nowhere suddenly and we're here to seek him out." The sudden honesty hadn't made Gorrum happier then he was. He stood there grunting at every piece of information Tharion spat out. "You might want to turn it down a notch from here on Human." Tharion agreed. "That is all I can tell you for now."

Amber stood there in amazement. "B-but where do I fit into all of this?" She asked. Gorrum chuckled again. "We needed a caretaker."

Last edited by Mike on Wed May 26, 2010 10:12 am; edited 9 times in total
Mike
Mike

http://www.bruinsmamusic.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

The Missing Aspect (A Pre-Cataclysmic Storyline) Empty Re: The Missing Aspect (A Pre-Cataclysmic Storyline)

Post by Mike Tue May 18, 2010 6:29 pm

Chapter Two: The Fortress

It had been a tough walk in the mountains. The whole group had been drained from their energy by the vast scenery. The thundering clouds crept up to the group more and more. They had crossed several places to hide from the storm but the stubborn Tharion had pushed on claiming that they would find one in time. Gorrums peered at the storm when a lash of lightning slammed into the peaks. "Tharion, I insist that we set up camp now." Tharion nodded. "Alright. Best if we'd set up next to something that will lead the lightning away from us." The greyhound of the pack cowered in fear as the lightning struck over and over again, aside from it shuddered Amber. She wasn't a coward in most cases, perhaps even to be called courageous. The lightning however gave her the creeps. Gorrum had sighted a useful location to set up camp. They swiftly created a cover for the rain and a campfire for warmth. It looked sturdy enough to survive the blazing winds.

"Wake up..." A voice echoed. "Amber, wake up." A dog was barking. "Amber, there is no time, awake!" A strong arm seated Amber upright. "Hmm, wh- what?" Howl the Greyhound was barking into the distance. Tharion's face placed itself in front of Ambers'. "Get your weapon, we're being watched." The rather slender Orc stood out on a cliff with his bow and arrow shouting at nothing it seemed and Tharion had already geared up in his leather equipment. Something was definitely wrong. She hasted herself to her backpack and untied her axe from the side. "What's the matter?" She shouted towards Tharion. The winds were howling vastly and rain gorged down from the skies. "I already told you, we're being watched!" Tharion answered. "By whom?" A flash of lightning filled the sky with a blinding light. "We don't know, something in black." Amber ran up to Tharion who had positioned himself next to Gorrum. "Definitely Human." The Orc spoke. "Where did he go?" Tharion asked. "I have no idea, he vanished from my sight." Tharion grunted. "Great... We have to keep moving then. We can't take on a group of 6." Amber stared at Tharion. "Six?" Gorrum nodded at Amber. "Six men in black came speeding up the hill." Amber understood the urgency and packed up camp along with Tharion as Gorrum stood on watch.

Have to do some work, my boss isn't to happy with me writing stories during my internship. Teehee...

Last edited by Mike on Wed May 26, 2010 12:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Mike
Mike

Back to top Go down

The Missing Aspect (A Pre-Cataclysmic Storyline) Empty Re: The Missing Aspect (A Pre-Cataclysmic Storyline)

Post by Mike Tue May 18, 2010 6:31 pm

Reserved.
Mike
Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Tue May 25, 2010 3:33 pm

Alright. I guess those three posts will have to do for filling it up. I posted another tiny update to the story. Tell me what you guys think! Wink

p.s. To your information, this is the story on the Adventurer that sold Niffles Sparkpistol the ruined journal that will lead the Pre-cataclysmic Storyline. So actually this is a Prelude!
Mike
Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down