Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cross-Realm RP, the easy way.

+2
Jeanpierre
Coppersocket
6 posters

Go down

Cross-Realm RP, the easy way. Empty Cross-Realm RP, the easy way.

Post by Coppersocket Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:04 pm

Now, I've been thinking very lightly upon how we can implement Cross-realm RP into a more natural way, and how to find people willing to roleplay from other realms quickly without needing to log on to another realm, check if anyone's interested in roleplaying then having to log back on your main and having to deal with a lot of unnecessary crap. (For this reason, I'm gonna post this in the relevant places so that more people can get in touch with it.)

I realized quite quickly, that we have tools brought to us by Blizzard that are largely unused that can be "exploited" for other purposes than the intended ones. Which tool am I speaking of? Other Raids.

You may not be familiar with this tool, and I don't blame you. The tool is well hidden, and can be hard to find without someone pointing it out to you.

The basic way to the tool, is that you Press O (Default), or whatever button you have that brings up your friendlist. From there you go into the Raid section at the bottom right.
Once there, you click the red "Other Raids" button.

Now, you may ask yourself, what could this tool be used for? Well, it's simple really. This tool allows you to check yourself for different raids. Due to the system being so unknown, it's extremely rare to find anyone on these lists beyond Celestials and Ordos. This is where we can "exploit" the system.

Notice that there's two buttons on the side, one letter and one blue with a horn, and at the bottom you're capable of typing in a comment.
This comment allows you to express what sort of RP you'd like to join in on.

So let's make an example, We'll use be cheking ourselves to the list so that other roleplayers can find us.
It should look like this when done: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Now, unfortunately due to the limitations of the tool- everyone can't list themselves for the same since it removes the raids you're above/below in level.

This way we'd need to find a specific raid for each "tier" of levels that people would be able to use as "LFRP" channels, if people would be interested in it.

Given that Heart of Fear is hardly run due to it not holding value to either the Legendary Quest or Loot, I'd suggest the 10man version of it for level 90's.

So, you check the 10man version and then you click "List my name". But how do people find you? Well, to find people who has signed up to this the same way you have- you can click on the letter icon, and then choose at the top where it says "Custom", to Heart of Fear 10man. This should now give you a list of everyone who are willing. Hovering over the names would show you their comments and help you determine if these people are roleplayers or not.

Example: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

To make it simple however I'll compile a list just incase people are interested in using it:
Level 60 - Ahn'Qiraj Temple
Level 70 - Karazhan
Level 80 - Vault of Archavon (10 Man)
Level 90 - Heart of Fear (10 Man)

I hope this idea can be of help to you, and if you like the sound of it then please mention it to your friends. Giving people a larger selection of who to roleplay with is never a negative. Thanks for reading.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Cross-Realm RP, the easy way. Empty Re: Cross-Realm RP, the easy way.

Post by Coppersocket Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:09 pm

Well, I would post it in the relevant areas if WoW's website wasn't being strangled right now.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:34 am

It's an interesting suggestion. Then there's also that option where people can teleport to our realm if they are in a raid with us. The problem is, it's a one way street. We can't join other realms because of the PvP tag. PvE and RP realms can join ours, partake in our city and our city RP.
It could even be interesting for people who hit their 10 character limit.

I don't know how well that would work with this raid system. If it could be used to set up such a raid ad hoc, then that would be terrific.
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:49 am

We can't join other realms because of the PvP tag

Yeah we can.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:05 am

Truly? When I tested the system with an AD RP'er, he'd always be teleported to our realm. I'd gladly learn it works the other way as well now.
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:29 am

Coppersocket wrote:Now, I've been thinking very lightly upon how we can implement Cross-realm RP into a more natural way, and how to find people willing to roleplay from other realms quickly without needing to log on to another realm, check if anyone's interested in roleplaying then having to log back on your main and having to deal with a lot of unnecessary crap. (For this reason, I'm gonna post this in the relevant places so that more people can get in touch with it.)

I realized quite quickly, that we have tools brought to us by Blizzard that are largely unused that can be "exploited" for other purposes than the intended ones. Which tool am I speaking of? Other Raids.

You may not be familiar with this tool, and I don't blame you. The tool is well hidden, and can be hard to find without someone pointing it out to you.

The basic way to the tool, is that you Press O (Default), or whatever button you have that brings up your friendlist. From there you go into the Raid section at the bottom right.
Once there, you click the red "Other Raids" button.

Now, you may ask yourself, what could this tool be used for? Well, it's simple really. This tool allows you to check yourself for different raids. Due to the system being so unknown, it's extremely rare to find anyone on these lists beyond Celestials and Ordos. This is where we can "exploit" the system.

Notice that there's two buttons on the side, one letter and one blue with a horn, and at the bottom you're capable of typing in a comment.
This comment allows you to express what sort of RP you'd like to join in on.

So let's make an example, We'll use be cheking ourselves to the list so that other roleplayers can find us.
It should look like this when done: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Now, unfortunately due to the limitations of the tool- everyone can't list themselves for the same since it removes the raids you're above/below in level.

This way we'd need to find a specific raid for each "tier" of levels that people would be able to use as "LFRP" channels, if people would be interested in it.

Given that Heart of Fear is hardly run due to it not holding value to either the Legendary Quest or Loot, I'd suggest the 10man version of it for level 90's.

So, you check the 10man version and then you click "List my name". But how do people find you? Well, to find people who has signed up to this the same way you have- you can click on the letter icon, and then choose at the top where it says "Custom", to Heart of Fear 10man. This should now give you a list of everyone who are willing. Hovering over the names would show you their comments and help you determine if these people are roleplayers or not.

Example: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

To make it simple however I'll compile a list just incase people are interested in using it:
Level 60 - Ahn'Qiraj Temple
Level 70 - Karazhan
Level 80 - Vault of Archavon (10 Man)
Level 90 - Heart of Fear (10 Man)

I hope this idea can be of help to you, and if you like the sound of it then please mention it to your friends. Giving people a larger selection of who to roleplay with is never a negative. Thanks for reading.

Coppersocket wrote:Now, I've been thinking very lightly

I'm afraid what you will type when you think very hard.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:33 am

Jeanpierre wrote:Truly? When I tested the system with an AD RP'er, he'd always be teleported to our realm. I'd gladly learn it works the other way as well now.

It's relatively complicated, often has to do with who's doing the inviting, how many are in the group, levels and realm population. I still don't fully understand it--sometimes it'll port us over to the other realm when we invite one more guy of realm X, sometimes not. Though with a tool like this, I doubt it matters which realm we're on, exactly.

Two points, though--in terms of "rping in our city" I don't think CRZ works in Stormwind even via these sorts of groups. Second, will the groups still exist outside of the raid that's queued for? I would ASSUME so but haven't checked! It's a good idea regardless, though, and I hope it takes off, though I can see it being really awkward at first xD
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:00 pm

will the groups still exist outside of the raid that's queued for? I would ASSUME so but haven't checked!

Least for Ordos and so yes from what i found out and CRZ as just simple real id inviting i think is a little diffrent from "other raids"
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:07 pm

Other Raids uses the normal invite system. You can invite anyone to your group more or less. Just /invite name-realmname
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down