Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A]Kharanos, DB & TVC Cross-Realm Initiative

+5
Skaraa
Grim
Lexgrad
siegmund
Skarain
9 posters

Go down

[A]Kharanos, DB & TVC Cross-Realm Initiative Empty [A]Kharanos, DB & TVC Cross-Realm Initiative

Post by Skarain Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:53 pm

[A]Kharanos, DB & TVC Cross-Realm Initiative Wowscr61

The beautiful and serene town of Kharanos has, for many years, been a stop-off for adventurers of all stripes. Its Thunderbrew Distillery is often home to parties’ trading tales of their deeds, and employers searching for their next hireling. Its hot forge has created and repaired the tools of an adventures’ trade many times over, serving as a perfect place to restock on supplies before a long trip. Indeed, the convenient location just outside of Ironforge’s Gates was likely the reason for its founding – to serve as the perfect stop-off for explorers, adventurers, and off-duty members of the Alliance Military.

[A]Kharanos, DB & TVC Cross-Realm Initiative 6EcbJ

Kharanos, DB & TVC Cross-Realm Initiative
Since the release of Cross-realm zoning by Blizzard, many have perhaps begun to think of roleplaying possibilities beyond the borders of realms. The largest problems to encounter is clashing of server-lore and the lack of roleplay description addons. Kharanos is not intended to solve these problems, but to offer a cross-realm roleplaying hub for those boring nights when nothing is just left to be found. Anyone Alliance aligned (at least on surface) can show up, have a drink and talk with a stranger.

To avoid conflicting between server-lore, several unspoken rules are better to be agreed on.

• The Inn is run by the NPC's, and should not be taken over by any group to ensure neutrality of the hub. You can hire a room, but not own one. You can work as a bartender, but you can not own the bar, merely work there.
  • Player-written laws do not apply in the city. If a murder happen in the open, a lawful good paladin might make a stand against the murderer while the sinister warlock merely smiles in the corner. Player actions and their beliefs, not laws.
  • If a room is already in use in the basement, it is hired to the person as long they are using it. It apply for only as long as they roleplay there.

When is the Inn open?
Anytime there is Roleplayers there. It is no pre-set time. You must check yourself and hope for the best!
If you want to quickly check who is at Kharanos, you can ask people in /LFRP on DB or /worldofroleplay on TVC.

(Thanks for Skaraa, TVC for the idea to set this forward)
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

[A]Kharanos, DB & TVC Cross-Realm Initiative Empty Re: [A]Kharanos, DB & TVC Cross-Realm Initiative

Post by siegmund Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:17 am

Sounds like a great idea! If i get the chance i'll send some of our people down there for some exploring.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

[A]Kharanos, DB & TVC Cross-Realm Initiative Empty Re: [A]Kharanos, DB & TVC Cross-Realm Initiative

Post by Lexgrad Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:49 pm

What a cool idea. *likes*
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:38 pm

Does anyone even still play on TVC?
Grim
Grim

Character sheet
Name: Grim Stonepaw
Title: Warcaller

Back to top Go down

Post by Skaraa Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:59 pm

Ouch, Grim. Razz

The Wardens are still here Alliance side, as are several of the old raiding RPers whose guilds have stayed. Horde side is pretty barren, but the Alliance still has something resembling an economy and a few progressive raiding guilds. There are enough RPers on the Alliance, that this has the potential to work.
Skaraa
Skaraa

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:10 pm

That is nice to hear!
Grim
Grim

Character sheet
Name: Grim Stonepaw
Title: Warcaller

Back to top Go down

Post by Gogol Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:19 pm

If Ironforge is the heart of Khaz Modan, Kharnos is the living, breathing lungs.
Very nice initiative.
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

Post by Feydor Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:27 pm

how does cross server shenanigans work ingame? its all completely new to me, but this sounds pretty cool
Feydor
Feydor

Character sheet
Name: Theodore
Title: Grand Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:28 pm

Gogol wrote:If Ironforge is the heart of Khaz Modan, Kharnos is the living, breathing lungs.
Very nice initiative.

We could have regular Dwarf RP on DB again lul (<3 so you cant be mad)
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skaraa Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:50 pm

Feydor wrote:how does cross server shenanigans work ingame? its all completely new to me, but this sounds pretty cool

Pretty much the same as intra-server shenanigans would work. The only major issue that I see is clash of server-lore, which basically boils down to "Don't talk about previous major storylines that are going to clash with those of other servers" - I mean, everyone fights different battles, you can easily avoid most of the possible issues here by drawing the conclusions IC "Oh, they are fighting this guy/group, well done them, we would help but we have our own battles" - the only problem crops up if, for instance, someone blew up part of Undercity on one server and not the other. But major things like this can be avoided by just not talking about them.

I see this initiative as a stepping stone of sorts. All areas apart from Stormwind, Orgrimmar, and Pandaria zones are cross-realm. Given some organisation, and willpower, we could easily engage in much more meaningful storylines or whatever across server. A shared RP hub could be the start of some ground breaking shenanigans, though that is a very optimistic look towards the future. For now, having somewhere both sides go for random tavern RP should be good fun - especially meeting new people and hearing new stories IC.
Skaraa
Skaraa

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Odgan / Keag Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:04 am

Sounds like a good idea, indeed
Clan Strongbrew got its main base/clan hall/roots in Kharanos, as long it doesn't interrupt with the rare cases I RP out clan business in Kharanos (I doubt it will interrupt) I'll fully support this idea!
Odgan / Keag
Odgan / Keag

Character sheet
Name: Ildranor Strongbrew
Title: Mountaineer-Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilran Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:23 am

Hammers of The Three approve of this idea!
Gilran
Gilran

Character sheet
Name: Gilran Steelfist
Title: Envoy of Ironforge

http://forums.threehammers.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gogol Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:29 am

Ildranor / Jirokk wrote:Sounds like a good idea, indeed
Clan Strongbrew got its main base/clan hall/roots in Kharanos, as long it doesn't interrupt with the rare cases I RP out clan business in Kharanos (I doubt it will interrupt) I'll fully support this idea!
And Amberstill is not far away either!
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down