Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gilnean/Worgen RP

+5
Feral / Blackfall
Skarain
Izzifix
siegmund
Tirilik
9 posters

Go down

Gilnean/Worgen RP Empty Gilnean/Worgen RP

Post by Tirilik Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:28 pm

Gilnean/Worgen RP seems to have died completely, and I hope to start a guild to revive it.  We would RP mainly in Stormwind (I've found a good building to serve as headquarters), although RP events would undoubtedly take us back to Gilneas occasionally.  The guild would be open to all Gilneans, I'm thinking of civilian/military/pack ranks.  We would have regular (at least weekly) events and all the rest of it.

The reason this isn't on the registry is because I am looking for 3 or 4 other Gilnean RPers who would be willing to be founding members.  I have found trying to start a guild all on my own is difficult and quite dull.

This is sort of my last attempt at RP before I quit or move to AD, the options these days seems to be either join a guard guild or mercenary band!  

So, any takers? *fingers crossed*

Edit: Contact me in this thread or send a message to Tirilik, I jump around characters quite a lot so I'm on and off Tirilik often.

Edit2: The concept is still open, if anyone wants to give it a go. 28/07

Last edited by Tirilik on Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tirilik

Back to top Go down

Gilnean/Worgen RP Empty Re: Gilnean/Worgen RP

Post by Thelos Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:32 pm

Hello Tirilik!

Glad to see you're enthusiastic about worgen. I am also. However, at the present, I'm not really to join any particular event, but I'll be happy to hang around a bit and support any worgen guild that pops up with activity and interaction.

Keep us updated!
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:36 pm

I might be interested on my Gilnean, though I'm curious if it needs to be a guild? Broad concepts like this often work better with non-guild organizations as they also can incorporate people who don't want to leave their current guilds.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:43 pm

It's good to see another person looking to help revive some RP on Defias.  A word of advice, though.  Gilneas is contested territory, previous guilds based there have had frequent trouble with Horde attacks that disrupted RP somewhat.  If you plan on PvPing as well, that's less of a problem.  Of course, if you plan to RP mostly in Stormwind, that negates the problem considerably more.

That said, I wish you all the best with your guild!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tirilik Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:55 pm

Thelos wrote:Keep us updated!

I absolutely will, thanks for the support!

Drustai wrote:I'm curious if it needs to be a guild?

I see what you mean, if this gets off the ground then we will allways be open to RPing with other Worgens/Gilneans and making as many of our guild events as public as possible.  I think making a guild for it is important, it creates a focal point for Gilnean RPers who aren't already in a guild and importantly allows us to recruit new RPers.  If DB had a larger population of RPers (like in the good ol' days) then a non-guild organisation would be better but as the community gets smaller, I think we'll find more success being tighter nit...  I hope I explained that well enough!

Yuan'Do wrote:Gilneas is contested territory,

Thanks for the warning, I've been in a Gilnean guild before and this was the problem we came against, thats why we sadly have to stick to Stormwind.  Crying or Very sad 

Tirilik

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:13 pm

I don't belive your only options are Stormwind and Gilneas, the world is big and the wall is down, best not start building it up again.

Good luck to your still open concept whatever it might come up to be.

the options these days seems to be either join a guard guild or mercenary band!

The people you see first at first glance, doesn't mean that's the only thing around. Sadly know that you'll either have to draw new people in somehow or get alts of people, the latter being more common these days though one can only have so many alts so you might have to put in quite a a lot of work if you want to make this thing roll off the drawing board.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Tirilik Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:03 pm

siegmund wrote:Sadly know that you'll either have to draw new people in somehow or get alts of people, the latter being more common these days though one can only have so many alts so you might have to put in quite a a lot of work if you want to make this thing roll off the drawing board.

Although I hope to recruit new RPers, I don't see why the guild has to mostly be new players or alts.  Hopefully there are some worgen/gilnean players out there who haven't been able to find a guild to settle into or feel they would be a bettter fit in a worgen/gilnean only guild.  If I'm wrong, I guess this won't go ahead!

Last edited by Tirilik on Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tirilik

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzifix Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:16 pm

Darkshore is a zone resembling the Gilnean wilderness, is a logical place for worgen to operate (elven territory), and has that same mood of urgency and coming storms that Gilneas so beautifully shows off. It might not be the real deal, but it's a pretty nice match as blueshielded areas go, as well as linked with SW by the darnassus boat.

Edit:
The idea being that it's an ideal place for angry worgen to continue their fight, defending their new homelands, tracking down threats, going on bear hunts, or trying to learn more of the elves and druidism, to better master their new gifts.

2nd edit:
So what I'm saying is: It looks and feels very right for the wolfmen to prowl there.

Izzifix

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:25 pm

Speaking of Darkshore, a Gilnean group that actually uses Darnassus and the tree would be a refreshing change.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzifix Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:30 pm

It also frees the RPers from the urgent need to free the land that actually can't and won't be reclaimed until Blizzard says "Now". Makes it a little more productive/less futile and hopeless than some earlier guilds like that.

Izzifix

Back to top Go down

Post by Tirilik Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:51 pm

Dwyburn wrote:It also frees the RPers from the urgent need to free the land that actually can't and won't be reclaimed until Blizzard says "Now". Makes it a little more productive/less futile and hopeless than some earlier guilds like that.

Thanks for the idea, I hadn't thought of using Darkshore, but it does seem perfect!

Drustai wrote:Speaking of Darkshore, a Gilnean group that actually uses Darnassus and the tree would be a refreshing change.

Well, I'm very open to using the Howling Oak, my only reservation is that it'll be harder for organic RP to occur as there are so few RPers that use Darnassus.

Tirilik

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:56 pm

Perhaps start wherever you think you'll find a decent level of RP and then either try and move/stretch out and have events elsewhere?

I have a Gilnean, though not a cursed one. So, I'll be in contact soon for a chat Smile
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:14 pm

Natures Grasp do roleplay actively around Darnassus, so you wouldn't be completely alone in there. As long as both groups are aware of eachother, it is easy to stumble into eachother for some interaction.

While PvP server does limit your options where you can roleplay at peace, never a bad idea to try to spread roleplay a bit more outside Stormwind.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:31 am

I too would recommend Darnassus; there's one active RP guild there and only one, who could definitely use the extra RP. There's of course the worgen-centric area. It also has easy IC travel between Darnassus and Stormwind in the forms of boats and portals, so there's the option of your members going back and forth when Darnassus is quiet--something which can be a real guild-killer when it's missing.
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:38 am

After giving it some more thought, I think I might be willing to give a guild a go.

I have some 'conditions', though.

• I won't be abandoning Fragrant Flowers in Stormwind - it will remain the cornerstone of my Worgen's RP.
  • I would prefer there to be RP in Darnassus, by the abovementioned reasons mentioned by others.

Have you given any thought to the name yet?
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tirilik Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:48 am

Thelos wrote:After giving it some more thought, I think I might be willing to give a guild a go.

That's great!  Hopefully I can get a couple more to commit and we can get this show on the road.

Thelos wrote:I have some 'conditions', though.

The guild is such an open concept at the moment, no one would be banned from RPing how they want etc

The consensus in this thread is clearly to center ourselves in Darnassus and I have no problem with that, however if the guild gets going and people want to move to Stormwind, I can't guarantee we would stay in Darnassus.

Thelos wrote:Have you given any thought to the name yet?

Not really, it would have to be something very broad and that's about as far as my thinking takes me.

Tirilik

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:27 pm

As for name....

Pandarian beef?
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:07 pm

So where are we standing on this?
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:47 pm

I can come around and rp for a bit, but as Drustai asked.
Does it have to be a guild? I honestly think the roleplayers are too few at this point to substain a niche concept, but I am not calling it out as something impossible either.

Anyway, just want to throw in my vote for the concept in form of weekly events rather than a guild since I believe that would be more realistic, and I too would prefer roleplaying in Darnassus or Stormwind. What's left of Gilneas anyway? a few ruins?

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:22 pm

A weekly or bi-weekly gathering at the Howling Oak would be just dandy.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:29 pm

Thelos wrote:A weekly or bi-weekly gathering at the Howling Oak would be just dandy.

Yeah, my time recently dwindled both in-game and outside of it, so I couldn't commit to another guild. I'd be up for this sort of gathering schedule though Smile
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:19 pm

Thelos wrote:A weekly or bi-weekly gathering at the Howling Oak would be just dandy.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down