Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darkness: Chapter 13 - Fury

Go down

Darkness: Chapter 13 - Fury Empty Darkness: Chapter 13 - Fury

Post by Krogon Devilstep Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:18 pm

Darkness: Chapter 13 - Fury Skull-fire-flames-fierce

”Fury is the fire of life.”

Darkness: Chapter 13 – Fury

The fire was burning in him now. He knew what he had to do, and how low it would take him, but it was the only way. The spirits would forgive him though, and that was all that mattered right now.

When that dreaded bow is strung...

He told himself, over and over, affirming what he knew to be true and irrefutable. He felt it in his bones, he believed what the spirit of Ashlan had suffered to tell him. He would not die here.

...At last your immortal song will be sung.

His right hand pulled him up onto the ledge, his left helped but still panged with pain as he scrambled onto the flat surface. He knew Vrex would be here, there others would be sleeping off their meal.

His senses narrowed, honed. He could hear Vrex breathing. Not the usual steady slow breath of waking or speech, but of fitful sleep.

My climb up was far more subtle than I expected...

“Wake up...” He felt himself growl. There would be no restraint here, only answers. Vrex gripped the earth at his side with a grasping hand, the contact of skin on blood slick stone had a distinct noise. He’d eaten. He stirred quickly, tensing his muscles, licking dry lips...

I can feel his worry in the air, hear how nervous he feels...

”You are alive! Good, yes, good... I saved you some scraps...” He spoke, fast. A little too fast for someone who should feel comfortable. His foot caught the ground, the tell tale sound indicating that he had sat up and was crouching.

No mercy.

”Scraps? Of what?” Krogon asked, blank and without emotion. He stood directly in front of the other Orc, by the ledge facing inward to the hollow. Though he could not see him in the dark, he knew Vrex was facing out toward him, and taking a great deal of time to answer his question.

He hesitates.

”Garbage, what else?” he answered, exhaling sharply. Knuckles cracked, a waking habit or a sub-conscious warning from a cornered Orc.

Liar

”The human you drooled over earlier, what else?” He answered, following up quickly before an answer could come, ”Kor’kron.”.

Vrex growled lowly. His knee’s creaked as he stood to his full height. He was angry, not at the accusation but at being found out.
”How did you know?” He asked. His tone indicated hostility, the light crack of his neck hinted at possible violence.

So it is true.

”You knew this place ‘well’. Your words. I think you helped Mala’kal build this place, and for your troubles, he threw you down here first, to test if someone who knew it inside out, could get out. The ultimate test.” He probed, not gently, but with a spear head of an accusation.

Vrex snarled. Now it was plain anger, nothing hidden about it. Perhaps he did not even realize himself the reason for his fate, or simply had not accepted that his loyalty had been rewarded with this hell.

”You are a smart one, aren’t you. And I was hoping to keep you alive as a walking larder, but you have out-lived your usefulness, I can’t let the others know who I am.”[/]

They would not much tolerate discarded Kor’kron down here.

”Don’t worry. I’ll be killing them too.” Krogon answered, flatly. Vrex laughed, deeply, the sound echoed through the main chamber and doubtlessly drew the attention of the others. Their digestion would keep them inactive but they would be listening.

”Not so smart after all!” Vrex roared, and bolted forward. Those large Orcish hands whistled through the air as he swiped to grab the Blademaster, finding only empty air as his target ducked, side-stepped and chopped down with his right hand. The blow made contact with the back of his neck, stunning him and forcing him down.

One.

Vrex hit the ground, his head dangling over the lip of the rock ledge startled and coughing. Raising his bare foot, Krogon forced it down square on the back of the closet cannibals’ neck.

Crunch!

Breaking necks always made such subdued noises, this one was no different. The edge of the ledge helped too by crushing the wind-pipe. Krogon turned and spat on the freshly made corpse. It had begun.

When that dreaded bow is strung...
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down